Dake Bible Discussion BoardHelp For Today

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Help For Today

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:02 pm

MATERIAL PROSPERITY

"His delight is in the Law of the Lord; and in His Law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither, and whatsoever he doeth shall PROSPER." (Ps. 1: 2-3); "Trust in the living God, who giveth us richly ALL THINGS to enjoy" (1 Tim. 6:17); "I wish above all things that thou mayest PROSPER and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth" (3 Jn. 2. See Lk. 6:38; 2 Cor. 9:6-10).

Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:41 pm

Mark 2:18-22 King James Version
And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and they come and say unto Him, "Why do the disciples of John and of the Pharisees fast, but Thy disciples fast not?"

And Jesus said unto them,
"Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with them?

"As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast. But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from them, and then shall they fast in those days.

"No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred: but new wine must be put into new bottles."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:43 pm

DEGREES OF BLESSING

"ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITH be it done unto you" and "AS THOU HAST BELIEVED, so be it done unto you" (Matt. 8:13; 9:29); "Have faith in God... and shall not doubt in his heart, but I believe those things which he saith shall come to pass. HE SHALL HAVE WHATSOEVER HE SAITH" (Mk. 11:22-24); "ASK WHAT YE WILL" (in. 15:7).

Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 pm

20190121B
Matthew 13:44-46 King James Version

ONE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE

"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm

20190122A
Mark 2:23-28 King James Version

LORD OF THE SABBATH

And it came to pass, that He went through the corn fields on the Sabbath Day; and His disciples began, as they went, to pluck the ears of corn.

And the Pharisees said unto Him, "Behold, why do they on the Sabbath Day that which is not lawful?"

And He said unto them,
"Have ye never read what David did, when he had need, and was an hungred, he, and they that were with him? How he went into the House of God in the days of Abiathar the High Priest, and did eat the Shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the Priests, and gave also to them which were with him?"

And He said unto them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: therefore the Son of Man is Lord also of the Sabbath."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:08 pm

20190122B
Matthew 18:1-14 King James Version

THESE LITTLE ONES

At the same time came the Disciples unto Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven?"

And Jesus called a little child unto Him, and set him in the midst of them, and said,
"Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

"Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven. And whoso shall receive one such little child in My Name receiveth Me.

"But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in Me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

"Woe unto the world because of offences! For it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into Life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into Everlasting Fire. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into Life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into Hell Fire.

"Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, that in Heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in Heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

"How think ye? If a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray? And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray. Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in Heaven, that one of these little ones should perish."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:13 pm

20190122C
Mark 9:30-37 King James Version

RECEIVE CHILDREN IN MY NAME

And they departed thence, and passed through Galilee; and he would not that any man should know it. For He taught His Disciples, and said unto them, "The Son of Man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill Him; and after that He is killed, He shall rise the Third Day." But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask Him.

And He came to Capernaum: and being in the house He asked them,
"What was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way?"

But they held their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who should be the greatest.

And He sat down, and called the Twelve, and saith unto them,
"If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all."

And He took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when He had taken him in His arms, He said unto them, "Whosoever shall receive one of such children in My Name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive Me, receiveth not Me, but Him that sent Me.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm

20190122D
Luke 1:39-56 King James Version

THE BABE IN THE WOMB LEAPED FOR JOY

And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda; and entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth.

And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: and she spake out with a loud voice, and said, "Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord."

And Mary said, "My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. For He hath regarded the low estate of His handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. For He that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is His Name. And His mercy is on them that fear Him from generation to generation. He hath shewed strength with His arm; He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts. He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away. He hath holpen His servant Israel, in remembrance of His mercy; as He spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever."

And Mary abode with her about three months, and returned to her own house.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:28 pm

20190122E
Luke 17:11-19 King James Version

RETURN TO GIVE GLORY TO GOD

And it came to pass, as He went to Jerusalem, that he passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as He entered into a certain village, there met Him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: and they lifted up their voices, and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us."

And when He saw them, He said unto them,
"Go shew yourselves unto the Priests."

And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed.

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

And Jesus answering said,
"Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger."

And He said unto him, "Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:35 pm

20190122F
Luke 23:35-43 King James Version

DOST THOU NOT FEAR GOD?

And the people stood beholding.

And the rulers also with them derided Him, saying, "He saved others; let Him save Himself, if He be Christ, the Chosen of God."

And the soldiers also mocked Him, coming to Him, and offering Him vinegar, and saying, "If thou be the King of the Jews, save Thyself."

And a superscription also was written over Him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, "THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS."

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on Him, saying, "If Thou be Christ, save Thyself and us."

But the other answering rebuked him, saying, "Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this Man hath done nothing amiss."

And he said unto Jesus, "Lord, remember me when Thou comest into Thy Kingdom."

And Jesus said unto him,
"Verily I say unto thee, to day shalt thou be with Me in Paradise."