Dake Bible Discussion BoardHelp For Today

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Help For Today

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:52 pm

20190122G
John 1:1-5, 9-14, & 16-18 King James Version

THE TRUE LIGHT
LIGHTETH EVERY MAN
THAT COMETH INTO THE WORLD

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His Name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:05 pm

20190122H
John 6:24-35 King James Version

THE WORK OF GOD

When the people therefore saw that Jesus was not there, neither His Disciples, they also took shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Jesus. And when they had found Him on the other side of the sea, they said unto Him, "Rabbi, when camest Thou hither?"

Jesus answered them and said,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye seek Me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto Everlasting Life, which the Son of Man shall give unto you: for Him hath God the Father sealed."

Then said they unto Him, "What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?"

Jesus answered and said unto them,
"This is the work of God, that ye believe on Him whom He hath sent."

They said therefore unto Him, "What sign shewest Thou then, that we may see, and believe Thee? What dost Thou work?

"Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, 'He gave them bread from heaven to eat.'"

Then Jesus said unto them,
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from Heaven; but My Father giveth you the True Bread from Heaven. For the Bread of God is He which cometh down from Heaven, and giveth Life unto the world."

Then said they unto Him, "Lord, evermore give us this Bread."

And Jesus said unto them,
"I am the Bread of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst."

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm

EVERLASTING LIFE

"Whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have EVERLASTING LIFE ... He that believeth on the SON HATH EVERLASTING LIFE" (Jn. 3:14-15, 36).

Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm

20190123A
Mark 3:1-6 King James Version

HE LOOKED ON THEM WITH ANGER

And He entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.

And they watched Him, whether He would heal him on the Sabbath Day; that they might accuse Him.

And He saith unto the man which had the withered hand,
"Stand forth."

And He saith unto them, "Is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath Days, or to do evil? To save life, or to kill?"

But they held their peace.

And when He had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, He saith unto the man,
"Stretch forth thine hand."

And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:37 pm

20190123B
Matthew 10:16-22 King James Version

HATED OF ALL MEN

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

"But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; and ye shall be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

"But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

"And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for My Name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:40 pm

LONG LIFE

"WITH LONG LIFE will I satisfy him, and show him My salvation" (Ps. 91:16); "Keep My commandments, for length of days, and LONG LIFE, and peace, shall they add to thee" (Pr. 3:1-2).

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 pm

20190124A
Mark 3:6-12 King James Version

LEST THEY THRONG HIM

And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against Him, how they might destroy Him.

But Jesus withdrew Himself with His disciples to the sea: and a great multitude from Galilee followed Him, and from Judaea, and from Jerusalem, and from Idumaea, and from beyond Jordan; and they about Tyre and Sidon, a great multitude, when they had heard what great things He did, came unto Him.

And He spake to His disciples, that a small ship should wait on Him because of the multitude, lest they should throng Him. For He had healed many; insomuch that they pressed upon Him for to touch Him, as many as had plagues. And unclean spirits, when they saw Him, fell down before Him, and cried, saying, "Thou art the Son of God."

And He straitly charged them that they should not make Him known.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:47 pm

20190124B
John 15:9-17 King James Version

YE HAVE NOT CHOSEN ME

"As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. If ye keep My commandments, ye shall abide in My love; even as I have kept My Father's commandments, and abide in His love. These things have I spoken unto you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

"This is My commandment, that ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are My friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of My Father I have made known unto you.

"Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in My Name, He may give it you.

"These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:49 pm

GOOD DAYS

"He that would love life, and SEE GOOD DAYS, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile" (1 Pet. 3:10-11; Ps. 34:12-13).

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:59 pm

Mark 16:14-20 King James Version

AND IS BAPTIZED

Afterward He appeared unto the Eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen Him after He was risen.

And He said unto them,
"Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; in My Name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."

So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, He was received up into Heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the Word with signs following.

Amen.