Dake Bible Discussion BoardHelp For Today

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Help For Today

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:49 pm

20190107B
Luke 12:35-40 King James Version

WHEN YE THINK NOT

"Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning; and ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.

"Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

"And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.

"And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.

"Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of Man cometh at an hour when ye think not."

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:17 pm

Mark 6:34-44 King James Version

GIVE YE THEM TO EAT

And Jesus, when He came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and He began to teach them many things.

And when the day was now far spent, His disciples came unto Him, and said, "This is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: send them away, that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages, and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat."

He answered and said unto them,
"Give ye them to eat."

And they say unto Him, "Shall we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?"

He saith unto them,
"How many loaves have ye? Go and see."

And when they knew, they say, "Five, and two fishes."

And He commanded them to make all sit down by companies upon the green grass.

And they sat down in ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties.

And when He had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, He looked up to Heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to His disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided He among them all.

And they did all eat, and were filled.

And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.

And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. — ROMANS 12:1

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:22 pm

MERE MEN? NO!

And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. . . . For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? — 1 CORINTHIANS 3:1,3

With most Christians, I’m sorry to say, the inward man does not rule the outward man. Instead, the body rules the inward man — and that’s what makes carnal Christians. One translation of our text says “body-ruled” instead of “carnal.” And that’s what carnal Christians are — body-ruled.

“. . . Ye are yet carnal . . . and walk as men,” Paul told the Corinthians. In other words, they were living like people who had never been born again. I like the Amplified Bible translation of verse 3: “. . . For as long as [there are] envying and jealousy and wrangling and factions among you, are you not unspiritual and of the flesh, behaving yourselves after a human standard and like mere (unchanged) men?”

Don’t do it! Refuse to live like mere men! Live like the new creature you are! Determine to let the new man in Christ dominate your being.

Confession:
I refuse to walk as a mere man. I am changed. I am a new creature in Christ. I will grow up in Christ. I will grow up spiritually. “I” — the man on the inside — will dominate my being. I will walk as a spiritual man. I will behave myself after the standard of God’s Word. I will walk in love. I will walk in faith!

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:27 pm

Mark 6:45-52 King James Version

THEY CONSIDERED NOT THE MIRACLE

And straightway He constrained His disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while He sent away the people. And when He had sent them away, He departed into a mountain to pray.

And when even was come, the ship was in the midst of the sea, and He alone on the land.

And He saw them toiling in rowing; for the wind was contrary unto them: and about the fourth watch of the night He cometh unto them, walking upon the sea, and would have passed by them.

But when they saw Him walking upon the sea, they supposed it had been a spirit, and cried out: for they all saw Him, and were troubled.

And immediately He talked with them, and saith unto them,
"Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid."

And He went up unto them into the ship; and the wind ceased: and they were sore amazed in themselves beyond measure, and wondered. For they considered not the miracle of the loaves: for their heart was hardened.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:35 pm

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

“You” are to do something with your body. For if you don’t, nothing will ever be done with it. “You,” the inward man, have become a new man in Christ. “You” have received eternal life. When eternal life — which is the life and nature of God — is imparted to your spirit, it changes “you.”

You won’t have any trouble with “you,” but you will have trouble with the flesh. People say, “You have to die out to the old self.” No, you don’t. That old self is dead, and you have a new self in its place. But what you need to die out to is the flesh.

Isn’t the flesh the old self? No, it isn’t. Your flesh is the outward man, the body. And it’s the same old flesh it was before you were saved!

Your body is the house you live in, and “you” — not God — are the caretaker of that house. “You” do something with your body. You are to present it to God as “. . . a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God . . . .” Another translation concludes this verse with the phrase “. . . which is your spiritual service.”

Confession:
I am a new creature in Christ. I hold fast to this confession. And the new man on the inside of me is being manifested on the outside and through the flesh. I dominate my body. I present it to God as a living sacrifice, holy, and acceptable to Him, which is my spiritual service.

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions. Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:37 pm

WHATSOEVER

"WHATSOEVER ye shall ask in My name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son" (Jn. 14:13); "I have chosen you, and ordained you . . . that WHATSOEVER ye shall ask the Father in My name, He may give it you" (Jn. 15:16).

Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Hill Top
He Shall Baptize Thee with the Holy Ghost and Fire

Post by Hill Top » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:22 pm

With most Christians, I’m sorry to say, the inward man does not rule the outward man. Instead, the body rules the inward man — and that’s what makes carnal Christians. One translation of our text says “body-ruled” instead of “carnal.” And that’s what carnal Christians are — body-ruled.
The term "carnal Christian" is an oxymoron.
Men are one or the other, but not both.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:46 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Kenneth E. Hagin wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:22 pm

The term "carnal Christian" is an oxymoron.
Men are one or the other, but not both.
Using your definitions, I"m sure that is correct.

However, Paul called some Christians carnal.
Paul the Apostle and Chief of Sinners wrote:1 Corinthians 3:1-4 King James Version
And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto CARNAL, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet CARNAL: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not CARNAL, and walk as men? For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not CARNAL?
Either these "brethren" weren't really Paul's "brethren," or they were "carnal" Christians.

One of the great errors that I believe folks make when reading the Bible is to assume that a word must always have the same meaning in all places in the Bible regardless of context. There are carnal worldlings and there are carnal Christians. Not everyone who is a Christian is carnal, but some Christians are carnal, like Paul's brethren in Corinth.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:57 am

Luke 4:14-22 King James Version

AS HIS CUSTOM WAS

And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of Him through all the region round about. And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up: and, as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath Day, and stood up for to read.

And there was delivered unto Him the book of the Prophet Esaias.

And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written,
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the Gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the Acceptable Year of the Lord." And He closed the book, and He gave it again to the minister, and sat down.

And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on Him.

And He began to say unto them,
"This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears."

And all bare Him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?"

SPIRITUAL SERVICE

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:00 am

ALL THINGS POSSIBLE

"If thou canst believe, ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE to him that believeth" (Mk. 9:23); "If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, 'Remove hence to yonder place;' and it shall remove; and NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE unto you" (Matt. 17:20).

Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

SPIRITUAL SERVICE