Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHREE BAPTISMS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

THREE BAPTISMS

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 am

I saw a booklet by Reverend Dake on Amazon.
It was 32 pages long and was about the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
It was unavailable.

On the blue cover it had some drawings and
great information.

3 Baptisms

Baptism into the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:13
Subject - believers ;Agent - the Holy Spirit;Element - the Body of Christ
Baptism in Water Romans 6:3-4 Subject -believers;Agent -Minister;Element -water
Baptism in the Holy Spirit Acts 2:4 Subject- believers;Agent - Jesus Christ ;Element -The Holy Spirit.



macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by macca » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am

Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.



User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:22 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 am
I saw a booklet by Reverend Dake on Amazon.
It was 32 pages long and was about the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
It was unavailable.

On the blue cover it had some drawings and
great information.

3 Baptisms

Baptism into the Body of Christ 1 Corinthians 12:13
Subject - believers ;Agent - the Holy Spirit;Element - the Body of Christ
Baptism in Water Romans 6:3-4 Subject -believers;Agent -Minister;Element -water
Baptism in the Holy Spirit Acts 2:4 Subject- believers;Agent - Jesus Christ ;Element -The Holy Spirit.
Dake taught no less than 7 baptisms in scripture, with 3 for the believer. It is a fantastic study. Some do not agree with Acts 2:38 not being water because later in Acts (chapter 8 I think) water baptism is mention.

This type of study will challenge those that are adhered to water baptism as the only baptism that saves when neglecting the the case of baptism in the Spirit, in Water, and in Christ being very different things, yet all are immersions IN something. The water based advocates will struggle with being baptized "in the cloud" as was the case when the cloud overshadowing the Israelites.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6365
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:24 pm

:angel: :angel:
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.



Hill Top
Bless the Lord with All Thine Soul and Forget Not Who Satifieth Thy Mouth with Good Things
Posts: 1004
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by Hill Top » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm

macca wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.
How about salvation by faith? (Acts 15:9)
How about salvation by the word? (James 1:21)
How about salvation by His life? ((Romans 5:10)
How about salvation by hope? (Rom 8:24)
How about salvation by grace? (Eph 2:8)
How about salvation by fear? (Jude 23)
Are these all doctrines of demons too?
I know you doubt salvation by water. (1 Peter 3:21) But Peter didn't.

All these work together as one, and without each "block" the "wall" won't stand.

BTW, you should be aware that calling a work of God a doctrine of devil is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.



User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm
I know you doubt salvation by water. (1 Peter 3:21) But Peter didn't.
Peter believed that water saved you?

Why not read verse 18, 19, 20, and 21 and try to understand what the context of what is being taught there. You might realize those verses are teaching the opposite to what you are implying.


Word up!

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by macca » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:49 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.
How about salvation by faith? (Acts 15:9)
How about salvation by the word? (James 1:21)
How about salvation by His life? ((Romans 5:10)
How about salvation by hope? (Rom 8:24)
How about salvation by grace? (Eph 2:8)
How about salvation by fear? (Jude 23)
Are these all doctrines of demons too?
I know you doubt salvation by water. (1 Peter 3:21) But Peter didn't.

All these work together as one, and without each "block" the "wall" won't stand.

BTW, you should be aware that calling a work of God a doctrine of devil is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.



Rom. 2:16; In the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Gal. 1:6-9; I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel,
which is not another: But there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ.
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.
As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

1 Cor.13-17; Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius,
lest anyone should say that I had baptized in my own name. Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas. Besides, I do not know whether I baptized any other.
For Christ did NOT send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not with the wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of no effect.

1 Cor.15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand,
by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you - - - - - unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received:(Gal.1:11-12;) that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures,
and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures,
and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve.
After that He was seen by over 500 brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep.
After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles.
Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.
For I am the least of the apostles, who am not worthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace towards me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed

Rom.1:16;For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.

Rom.10:8-10; But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of faith which we preach.
That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5021
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.
BTW, you should be aware that calling a work of God a doctrine of devil is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
I think such an accusation shouldn't be tossed out lightly.
If you are correct, there's no hope for the accused.

May God have mercy upon you.


► Show Spoiler

User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:25 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:59 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:16 am
Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons.
Anyone that teaches this error is an agent of the devil.
BTW, you should be aware that calling a work of God a doctrine of devil is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
I think such an accusation shouldn't be tossed out lightly.
If you are correct, there's no hope for the accused.

May God have mercy upon you.
I get your point, yet in my opinion, such an accusation out of ignorance in a forum of this nature would have no merit whatsoever. If it does, it crosses some dangerous lines as you have pointed out.

Curious, what are your thoughts on the statement, "Salvation by water baptism is a doctrine of demons"? I believe it has nothing to do with the doctrines of demons. The doctrine is one of ignorance and demons would care less about it.

I find the "doctrine of demons" term tossed around quite often. Maybe another spin-off thread? Although spin-off threads wind up circling back to the same few subjects. +wink


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
Have Faith in God
Posts: 1527
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: THREE BAPTISMS

Post by luchnia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:42 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm
BTW, you should be aware that calling a work of God a doctrine of devil is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.
Saying that water baptism is required for salvation brings a huge problem into focus when you think of why John baptized Jesus. If water remitted old sins and saved, then why baptize Jesus for the remission of old sins, since He did not have any?

Did Jesus need a pardon? Did He need to be cleaned from all unrighteousness? Ever thought that Jesus did this to signify His entrance to the priesthood or some other requirements under the OT in order that all righteousness be fulfilled before His death?


Word up!

Post Reply