Dake Bible Discussion BoardResolved: To Grow (FFD:01/01)

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Resolved: To Grow (FFD:01/01)

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:42 pm

January 1
RESOLVED: TO GROW
Fight the good fight of faith . . . . — 1 TIMOTHY 6:12

The only fight the Christian is called upon to fight is the fight of faith. If you’re in any other kind of fight, you’re in the wrong fight! There’s no need to fight the devil — Jesus has already defeated him. There’s no need fighting sin — Jesus is the cure for sin. But there is a fight (and therefore enemies, or hindrances) to faith. The greatest enemy to faith is a lack of understanding God’s Word. In fact, all hindrances to faith center around this lack of knowledge; because you cannot believe or have faith beyond your actual knowledge of the Word of God.

However, your faith will automatically grow as your understanding of God’s Word grows (Rom. 10:17). If your faith is not growing, it’s because your knowledge of God’s Word is not growing. And you cannot grow or develop spiritually if you are not growing in faith.

The best resolution you can make today is that in the upcoming year, your knowledge of God’s Word will grow. Then give yourself to the study of the Word! It will automatically follow that your faith will grow. Hence, you will grow and develop spiritually.

Confession:
In the upcoming year, my faith will grow. I am determined that my knowledge of God’s Word will grow. My understanding of God’s Word will grow. Therefore, faith will come, and my faith will grow. I will grow and develop spiritually this year!

— Hagin, Kenneth E. Faith Food Devotions (Kindle Locations 43-61). Faith Library Publications. Kindle Edition.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Resolved: To Grow (FFD:01/01)

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:33 am

+jump2 +bigshoes Thank you Roger. :angel:

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:04 am

That's good faith food....
Jesus said you would know them (Prophets, Preachers, Teachers) by their fruit......Dad's fruit is sweet and abundant.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 pm

Is everyone in complete agreement with Hagin's Resolved to Grow devotional?

Any thoughts, insights, disagreements, or points that you'd like to emphasize?

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:02 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:40 pm

I love brother Hagin (Listen to him all the time) but I guess I would disagree a bit here.

Hagin states: "The only fight the Christian is called upon to fight is the fight of faith."

Then he says: "If your faith is not growing, it’s because your knowledge of God’s Word is not growing."

I agree!

So then I think we have a ANOTHER fight here. A fight to get into the word of God daily and see our faith grow!

And in today's world with all its demands that for sure can be a fight.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 am

He said " ... Then give yourself to the study of the Word! It will follow that your faith will grow and you will grow and develop spiritually."

I think he said it.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:15 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:21 am
He said " ... Then give yourself to the study of the Word! It will follow that your faith will grow and you will grow and develop spiritually."

I think he said it.
Yes of course he said that for sure.

But if that is the case then fighting the good fight of faith is not the ONLY fight there is to fight.

There is the fight to make yourself study the Bible.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:45 pm

I haven't read it. I do notice from the post some things that one must consider. We know that faith does not come by knowledge or reading.

I know atheist that are loaded with biblical knowledge because they read and study, but they lack faith big time. You can do extensive and exhaustive study of God's word, but that will only make you knowledgeable of what is written.

By much study you may even become an intellectual powerhouse in God's word, but be weak and limited in faith. To me faith is a spiritual power that has manifest energy and study simply brings knowledge. I think in Jesus we see the proper balance of these two.

Study is commanded so that knowledge can by used correctly, yet study will not make you trust or be fully persuaded in what you cannot see come to pass working by faith. Outside of "the measure" given to every man, growth from the way faith is obtained in Scripture can only come by hearing reception.

In my view there is uncertainty in how the intellect and the spirit are entwined. That is 2.5 cents from me :)

Word up!

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:48 pm

bibleman wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:02 am
A fight to get into the word of God daily and see our faith grow!
Who are you fighting with to get into the Word?

I know what you mean, just jerking your chain. :mrgreen:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:56 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:45 pm

I haven't read it.
It is quoted in the first post of this thread. Not asking about the whole book. Just the quotation.