Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs anyone free of fear

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Is anyone free of fear

Post by royplumber »

Happy new year everyone not been on here for long while been following Q and trying to to remove FEAR from my life.
I have realised I have fear and there are over 4,000 of them I have fear of man for one but its a slow walk out of that. It it so hard to see because it effects my sound mind but I believe it can be removed fully not sure how. Just recognising I had fear was quite a accomplishment but Jesus told his disciples not to fear so its obviously just as big as murder and adultry any advise on removing fear fully
kind regards roy

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Is anyone free of fear

Post by Hill Top »

royplumber wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm
Happy new year everyone not been on here for long while been following Q and trying to to remove FEAR from my life.
I have realised I have fear and there are over 4,000 of them I have fear of man for one but its a slow walk out of that. It it so hard to see because it effects my sound mind but I believe it can be removed fully not sure how. Just recognising I had fear was quite a accomplishment but Jesus told his disciples not to fear...

so its obviously just as big as murder and adultry any advise on removing fear fully
Didn't Jesus "fear" while He was in the Garden of Gethsemane?
He was sweating so much his sweat dropped off like drops of blood.

You should re-examine the scriptures where Jesus said that to His disciples.
Look at the context of the "commands".

Happy New Year to you too.

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

Happy new year
I have done the research I could not find any fear in Jesus life not one time.
I am not sure I find anywhere Jesus would command us not to do something fear not then do it himself

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

royplumber wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:53 pm
I have realised I have fear and there are over 4,000 of them I have fear of man for one but its a slow walk out of that. It it so hard to see because it effects my sound mind but I believe it can be removed fully not sure how. Just recognising I had fear was quite a accomplishment but Jesus told his disciples not to fear so its obviously just as big as murder and adultry any advise on removing fear fully
kind regards roy
Define fear, or more importantly define the fear you are addressing. The FEAR of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, I am pretty sure that is not a fear that is "obviously just as big as murder and adultery."

Are there healthy fears?