Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs disputing and argument wrong? Paul did not think so.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Is disputing and argument wrong? Paul did not think so.

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:15 am
I do not believe one has to be under an Apostle .
What you posted there was really my point to your earlier posts.

Spiritual authority comes from above by the Spirit. We know there are many false teachers out there that are counterfeiting the real thing and then there are also many that are simply ignorant and care not to grow in knowledge of the Lord.

My point in the thread using Paul as an example was that it is not wrong to dispute and argue God's word as long as it is done in the right heart. The intent of such is greatly respected. It is not about strife and contention at all, but growing in knowledge of God. As His saints, we desire what God desires.

Even a wise man will welcome reproof and instruction, yet if a man is not wise, he doubtfully will not welcome it, nor will he be grounded enough to discern the source and intent behind it.

Word up!

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Is disputing and argument wrong? Paul did not think so.

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:25 pm
My point in the thread using Paul as an example was that it is not wrong to dispute and argue God's word as long as it is done in the right heart. The intent of such is greatly respected. It is not about strife and contention at all, but growing in knowledge of God. As His saints, we desire what God desires.

Even a wise man will welcome reproof and instruction, yet if a man is not wise, he doubtfully will not welcome it, nor will he be grounded enough to discern the source and intent behind it.
Acts 15 is a good example of this.