Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:29 am

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:17 am
I certainly agree that a person must mean his prayers from his heart or they fall to the ground.

I am not understanding why you guys are harping on it.Are you referring to me??If so please tell me so.
I can be a bit of a nut at times & paranoid. :agrue:
luchnia wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:08 am
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:37 am
Roger

Reverend Dake has a prayer for forgiveness under how to pray on page 30 in GPFM.Not everyone knows how.

in GPFM on page 30.My uncle prayed that while studying GPFM and found the Lord.
Reverend Dake talked about " praying through " on his tapes.
And i answer your questions 2 and 3 affirmative of course.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:48 pm
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:03 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Once again you are presuming to know me.
Hi, Billy,

What do you believe is necessary for an individual to be saved? Do you believe that an individual needs to be free from sin? From the desire to sin?
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 pm
Never mind.
OK.
There is a difference between saying a prayer and meaning a prayer. No amount of praying will convert a man that doesn't believe what he is saying. That is a prayer of forsaking sin and full consecration to God's service. It is awesome that your uncle believed in his heart and was converted! Praise God for the salvation your uncle received.
I am not referring to you at all. I pretty much respond to things that provoke my thoughts in the posts, such as the "sinner's prayer" got me to thinking about things I have seen and experienced along those lines. If you indicate your uncle was converted by the prayer Dake gave, to me that is fantastic and exciting!

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 am

Then i am being paranoid.My bad.Sighs.

He was studying God's Plan for Man intensely .He was telling me he loved it....until he got to the part on Roman Catholicism.Then he put it down
He was healed at a Charismatic Catholic prayer meeting.He could not leave his childhood Church.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:38 pm

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:40 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 pm
Act 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Why will it come to pass? There's a time that will come when whosoever shall call upon His Name shall do it correctly, rather than simply taking His Name in vain as those who call upon His Name ineffectively do.

Psalm 18:41 King James Version
They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but He answered them not.

Matthew 7:21 King James Version
"Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven."
[saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven] No person merely professing faith in Me and My atoning work will be saved, "but he that doeth the will of My Father" (Mt. 7:21; 1Pet. 4:18; Heb. 12:14; Jas. 1:19-27; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:12-13).

— Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text.
Is confessing sin enough? Or is forsaking sin necessary?

Proverbs 28:13 King James Version
He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

1 John 3:7-10 King James Version
Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Those that sin aren't saved. Those that call on Him, even confessing their sins, aren't heard if they still regard iniquity (desire to sin) in their heart.

Psalm 66:18 King James Version
If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me
[If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me] Regarding iniquity in the heart is the reason for many unanswered prayers. The writer says, If I had seen iniquity in my heart and encouraged it; if I had pretended to be what I was not; and if I had loved iniquity while I professed to pray and be sorry for my sin, the Lord (Hebrew: 'Adonay (HSN-<H136>), Supporter) would not have heard me. I would have been left without His help and support in my time of trouble. See 1Jn. 3:20-22; 5:14-15.

— Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text.
Those that have sinful desires are not saved because those that are Christ's have crucified the flesh and its sinful desires.

Galatians 5:24 King James Version
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

As Dake says, "All true Christians have done this" (crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts).

Of the untold numbers who have prayed the Sinner's Prayer, it is very likely that the vast majority have never been saved.

May His Kingdom come and His will be done, in Earth as in Heaven.

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:38 am
Roger,

Some one in the 1800's once called a rival preacher of his day "the great paraphraser".

That is exactly what you are doing with the Scriptures here.

Being tempted to sin even pressed to do something is not sin until it is acted upon and finished.
The person being tempted is under attack.People here completely ignore the malevolent evil unseen forces working to destroy people.

Do you really want to shut the door of grace and mercy in peoples faces???

I mean its not bad enough that people are under constant attack from demon power ,their flesh and the world....

Hurt people need real PASTORAL PRAYER,LOVE , COUNSELING AND HELP.
My post was not about be tempted.

There is a difference between being tempted and desiring to sin. For example, Jesus was tempted to sin, but He had no desire to sin. Temptation comes from without. Desire comes from within.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:59 am

Strange James said otherwise in James 1:14 every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed.
Jesus said man not defiled from without but from within
Mark 7:21-23.

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:38 pm
Ironman wrote:
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Why will it come to pass? There's a time that will come when whosoever shall call upon His Name shall do it correctly, rather than simply taking His Name in vain as those who call upon His Name ineffectively do.

They cried, but there was none to save them: even unto the LORD, but He answered them not.

"Not every one that saith unto Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he that doeth the will of My Father which is in Heaven."
[saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven] No person merely professing faith in Me and My atoning work will be saved, "but he that doeth the will of My Father" (Mt. 7:21; 1Pet. 4:18; Heb. 12:14; Jas. 1:19-27; Rom. 6:16-23; 8:12-13).

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as He is righteous. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Those that sin aren't saved. Those that call on Him, even confessing their sins, aren't heard if they still regard iniquity (desire to sin) in their heart.

[If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me] Regarding iniquity in the heart is the reason for many unanswered prayers. The writer says, If I had seen iniquity in my heart and encouraged it; if I had pretended to be what I was not; and if I had loved iniquity while I professed to pray and be sorry for my sin, the Lord (Hebrew: 'Adonay (HSN-<H136>), Supporter) would not have heard me. I would have been left without His help and support in my time of trouble. See 1Jn. 3:20-22; 5:14-15.

Those that have sinful desires are not saved because those that are Christ's have crucified the flesh and its sinful desires.

And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

As Dake says, "All true Christians have done this" (crucified the flesh with its affections and lusts).

Of the untold numbers who have prayed the Sinner's Prayer, it is very likely that the vast majority have never been saved.

branham1965 wrote:
Roger,

Some one in the 1800's once called a rival preacher of his day "the great paraphraser".

Being tempted to sin even pressed to do something is not sin until it is acted upon and finished.
The person being tempted is under attack.People here completely ignore the malevolent evil unseen forces working to destroy people.

I mean its not bad enough that people are under constant attack from demon power ,their flesh and the world....

My post was not about be tempted.

There is a difference between being tempted and desiring to sin. For example, Jesus was tempted to sin, but He had no desire to sin. Temptation comes from without. Desire comes from within.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:10 am

Ironman wrote:

branham1965 wrote:
Roger,

My post was not about being tempted.

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:59 am
Strange James said otherwise in James 1:14 every man is tempted when he is drawn away by his own lust and enticed.
Jesus said man not defiled from without but from within
Mark 7:21-23.
I actually think that both of those passages are consistent with my posts.

"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:39 am

You know when I read that verse I cannot help but wonder about the powerless and disease ridden "churches" out there today. People claim a position in Christ, yet they are simply without power and seemingly as helpless as the rest of the world. Can we spot any differences that really make them stand above the rest of the world?

I mean if we are to take the fact that many are without manifested power, what does that mean? Isn't that just as important an attribute as the other areas of the Church of God? What are your thoughts in this area?

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 am

Preaching trumps signs, wonders, and wisdom.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:48 am
Preaching trumps signs, wonders, and wisdom.
Interesting...might be worth another thread. I have to pull some of my notes on this.

Word up!

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Post by Hill Top » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:32 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:09 am
You acts as if i have never heard that before.
Then why do you continue trying to refute it?
I have included some of the scriptures attesting to the truth. (Acts 2:38, 22:16)
Which ones do you think are not of God?
I was a member of 3 Churches that taught baptismal regeneration.
Apparently they taught it but because they didn't believe it could not bring forth works meet for repentance.

Again I ask you, what difference is there between regeneration and rebirth?
In Romans 6;4 we see..."Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so.... "we also should walk in newness of life.
Why don't you recognize that as rebirth?
In Col.3:11-13 we see..."In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;"
11...Put off the old flesh/man.
12...Buried and raised with Christ by water baptism.
13...Made alive with Christ, and forgiven of all past sins.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:50 am

Phil,

Sighs.You are not reading my posts.

I do not want to discuss your church doctrines on here anymore.

The debate is going around in circles.
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.