Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 am

Your teaching is in total conflict with the Pentecostal Charismatic world.

If my Church had under 17 members :crazyeyes: in the USA and i was not sure any of them were saved or if i was saved i would seriously re - check my theology.
I have never heard anything like that in my life.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm
luchnia
Has Phil converted you to his church? That would make 17 members in the United States.
Think about that.
Unreal.
luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm
I think I get your meaning in this. Correct me if I am wrong about it. Are you implying that not everyone will accept, obey, etc., Christ and therefore they will continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
That is it exactly.
Many calling themselves Christians are impostors.
Ok thanks for the response. I thought that was what you meant and I agree as that is supported by scripture.
Are you implying that everyone WILL accept, obey, etc. Christ and therefore they will NOT continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
I hope you are right.
That would be the goal of the "doctrine which is according to Godliness".



User avatar
luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:05 am

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm
luchnia
Has Phil converted you to his church? That would make 17 members in the United States.
Think about that.
Unreal.



luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm
I think I get your meaning in this. Correct me if I am wrong about it. Are you implying that not everyone will accept, obey, etc., Christ and therefore they will continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
That is it exactly.
Many calling themselves Christians are impostors.
Ok thanks for the response. I thought that was what you meant and I agree as that is supported by scripture.
I don't know anything about phil's church. From your post I am assuming Phil is hilltop?

If a man believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, he shall be saved and is part of the body of Christ the Church. Anything other than Jesus body is not the Church. Believing that water baptism remits your sins or that a saint cannot fall away as Hilltop believes, does not save or unsave him.

So far, the only things I see on the forum from Hilltop's posts that I am in disagreement with him about is his view on water baptism and the saints ability to fall away. What he teaches about godliness is certainly 100% scriptural and should not be denied but reconciled with Scripture. From the onset it appeared that Hilltop was in agreement with what Dake teaches on being holy and godly in Christ.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm

Thank you for the information luchnia.I should not have inferred you were in Phil = Hill Top's religious group.
My bad.



luchnia wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:05 am
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:00 pm
luchnia
Has Phil converted you to his church? That would make 17 members in the United States.
Think about that.
Unreal.



luchnia wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:50 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:30 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:23 pm
I think I get your meaning in this. Correct me if I am wrong about it. Are you implying that not everyone will accept, obey, etc., Christ and therefore they will continue to follow the path of sin and satan?
That is it exactly.
Many calling themselves Christians are impostors.
Ok thanks for the response. I thought that was what you meant and I agree as that is supported by scripture.
I don't know anything about phil's church. From your post I am assuming Phil is hilltop?

If a man believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, he shall be saved and is part of the body of Christ the Church. Anything other than Jesus body is not the Church. Believing that water baptism remits your sins or that a saint cannot fall away as Hilltop believes, does not save or unsave him.

So far, the only things I see on the forum from Hilltop's posts that I am in disagreement with him about is his view on water baptism and the saints ability to fall away. What he teaches about godliness is certainly 100% scriptural and should not be denied but reconciled with Scripture. From the onset it appeared that Hilltop was in agreement with what Dake teaches on being holy and godly in Christ.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 am
Your teaching is in total conflict with the Pentecostal Charismatic world.

If my Church had under 17 members :crazyeyes: in the USA and i was not sure any of them were saved or if i was saved i would seriously re - check my theology.
I have never heard anything like that in my life.
The idea that so few might be saved is not new. Jesus Himself wondered whether or not He would find faith on the earth when He returns. The idea that there are presently multitudes of the truly saved living on Earth is quite questionable. William Branham, himself, speculated that only somewhere between 2,922 and 18,262 people world-wide were actually saved at the moment of their death each year. That's only between 8 and 50 persons per day. And, that works out to only a very few of those that have ever lived ending up saved at the moment of their death.

Being truly saved at the moment of one's death may be incredibly rare.

59-0403 LIVING. DYING.BURIED.RISING

William Branham wrote:14 I was speaking here a few days ago upon the Scripture, “Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, and but few there'll be that will find it.”

And a young man who was riding with me in a car, said, “How many would you say would be saved in this generation?”

I said, “Eight, ten.”

“Oh,” he said, “Don't say that, brother.”

I'll say, “I will lengthen it to fifty, and that's as many as I can go.”

He said, “Fifty people?”

I said, “Jesus said when He was on earth, 'As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Son of man.' Days of Noah, there was eight souls saved.” Now, remember a generation fades out each day, ends that generation. Take fifty a day for six thousand years and see what you've got.

And he said, “Well then, Brother Branham, I'd like to ask you this question: All the people that's claimed to have the Holy Sprit, and so forth, won't they come in the resurrection?”

I said, “If they had the Holy Spirit. But what we've been putting to much emphasis on, is on other things instead of on the real thing, the love of God.”

15 Paul said, “All these things could happen.... I could have all wisdom, all knowledge, and yet have not love, it profits me nothing. I could speak with tongues like men and angels, and still not have it.” And we put so much emphasis upon these things, upon great healing revivals, and miracles being worked.

Did not Jesus say, “Many will come to me in that day, and say, 'Lord, Lord, have not I cast out devils in your name? In your name, have I not done many mighty works?' I will say unto them, 'Depart from me, you workers of iniquity, I did not even know you.'”

What a disappointment that will be. But look what a surprise it'll be when He said, those who didn't even think they deserved to be there.... “When were you hungry and we fed you? When were you naked and we gave you clothes? We didn't know when you did this.”

He said, “Insomuch as you've done it unto these, you've done it unto me.”


KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by Hill Top » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:52 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 am
You have less than 16 people in your Church here in the USA.

Does that not get your attention a little??
How many people are on this site?
Does that small number refute the message sent out by your posters?

Didn't Jesus say that "many are called but few are chosen"?



Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by Hill Top » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:56 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:41 am
Your teaching is in total conflict with the Pentecostal Charismatic world.

If my Church had under 17 members in the USA and i was not sure any of them were saved or if i was saved i would seriously re - check my theology.
I have never heard anything like that in my life.
It seems like you have never heard of perfect obedience to the Creator either.
Even though God has demanded it.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm

Once again you are presuming to know me.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:03 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Once again you are presuming to know me.
Hi, Billy,

What do you believe is necessary for an individual to be saved? Do you believe that an individual needs to be free from sin? From the desire to sin?


KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by Ironman » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:09 pm

Act 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: WHAT THE NEW BIRTH IS

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 pm

Never mind.
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:03 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:49 pm
Once again you are presuming to know me.
Hi, Billy,

What do you believe is necessary for an individual to be saved? Do you believe that an individual needs to be free from sin? From the desire to sin?



Post Reply