Dake Bible Discussion BoardWhat is man.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

What is man.

Post by macca » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am

Psalms. 8:4;
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of
man that You care for him?

Yet You have made him but a little lower than God, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.

The second Adam has redeemed man to his rightful place as a little lower than God the Father..
If you will receive it, we are now with Jesus as sons of God.
Amen



Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: What is man.

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:31 pm

macca wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am
Psalms. 8:4;
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of
man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him but a little lower than God, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
Hi, macca.
This applies to Jesus, but I don't think it applies to all other men.
The second Adam has redeemed man to his rightful place as a little lower than God the Father..
If you will receive it, we are now with Jesus as sons of God.
Amen
I can receive it. Thanx.
But I wonder what those who continue to commit sin think.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3016
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: What is man.

Post by Ironman » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:31 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am
Psalms. 8:4;
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of
man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him but a little lower than God, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
Hi, macca.
This applies to Jesus, but I don't think it applies to all other men.
The second Adam has redeemed man to his rightful place as a little lower than God the Father..
If you will receive it, we are now with Jesus as sons of God.
Amen
I can receive it. Thanx.
But I wonder what those who continue to commit sin think.
Here we go again :2gunfire:


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6380
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: What is man.

Post by branham1965 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Dad Hagin teaches about developing a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin consciousness.




Ironman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:31 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am
Psalms. 8:4;
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of
man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him but a little lower than God, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
Hi, macca.
This applies to Jesus, but I don't think it applies to all other men.
The second Adam has redeemed man to his rightful place as a little lower than God the Father..
If you will receive it, we are now with Jesus as sons of God.
Amen
I can receive it. Thanx.
But I wonder what those who continue to commit sin think.
Here we go again :2gunfire:



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4865
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What is man.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:02 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:31 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:38 am
Psalms. 8:4;
What is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of
man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him but a little lower than God, and You have crowned him with glory and honor.
Hi, macca.
This applies to Jesus, but I don't think it applies to all other men.
The second Adam has redeemed man to his rightful place as a little lower than God the Father..
If you will receive it, we are now with Jesus as sons of God.
Amen
I can receive it. Thanx.
But I wonder what those who continue to commit sin think.
Here we go again :2gunfire:





I wonder what those that thought Noah was too radical thought? Perhaps, they thought they were good enough?




https://vimeo.com/307340532?fbclid=IwAR3TQN5Qp0nsezx_X9HTsS6O3TpqyL7E2pST2JCeWYvI7aMKuR9gd8nUGDk


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: What is man.

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:25 pm
Dad Hagin teaches about developing a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin consciousness.
We can't have a righteous consciousness without righteousness.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4865
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What is man.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:56 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:25 pm
Dad Hagin teaches about developing a righteousness consciousness instead of a sin consciousness.
We can't have a righteous consciousness without righteousness.
Hagin's position, if I recall correctly, was to focus on the righteousness of the born again human spirit, regardless of how the flesh behaved and then to train the soul (mind/will/emotions) to be in agreement with what the Bible says about the born again man. Then, together, the human spirit and soul would overpower the flesh.

Hagin, unlike Dake, saw the wretched man of Romans 7 as a saved man who was flesh-ruled instead of spirit-ruled. Therefore, Hagin could accept a person as saved who was actively sinning, because it was the flesh that was sinning, not the human spirit (which was almost incapable of sin, once born again*).


* Hagin allowed for a person to willfully reject their salvation, if they met certain qualifications, such as being a mature believer. The immature could not lose their salvation.

Hopefully, I'm remembering what Hagin taught correctly.


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member
Posts: 1310
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: What is man.

Post by macca » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:29 am

You are very wrong about Dad Hagan he never taught that rubbish.
That is the straw that broke the camels back.
Bye



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4865
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: What is man.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:10 am

macca wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:29 am
You are very wrong about Dad Hagan he never taught that rubbish.
That is the straw that broke the camels back.
Bye
Glad to hear that, Macca. :angel:
Which of his teachings would prove that?


Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

User avatar
luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again
Posts: 1458
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: What is man.

Post by luchnia » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:25 pm
I wonder what those that thought Noah was too radical thought? Perhaps, they thought they were good enough?
I bet to the people that perished in the flood, they thought Noah was "self-righteous, holier than thou" fruitcake with his radicalness. Of course we know they preferred sin and it caused their demise. Men that desire sin lack concern for their eternal destiny.


Word up!

Post Reply