Dake Bible Discussion BoardWar against righteousness?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

War against righteousness?

Post by luchnia » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 am

I saw this in one of the post and was wondering what thoughts folks had on it? I would think that this is as dangerous a position as a man can have. To fight against righteousness is to find against what God has called you to be. To war against righteousness would have serious judgement. I don't think there is a scripture that directly quotes the word "war against righteousness", but it is a solid concept in scripture.

I maintain that one who is ignorant would not understand they are fighting against something. We can find many cases of acting in ignorance and acting in knowledge. It goes along the lines of what Paul said when he alluded to not knowing sin had he not known the law.

I have learned over my lifetime in God's word there is a big difference between knowing and not knowing. When you know you intend and act. When you don't know, you act and are ignorant. Does that excuse one's actions? Well that is another point entirely and hopefully there is mercy for the later, or we are all doomed.

Word up!

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Re: War against righteousness?

Post by Hill Top » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:10 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:58 am
I saw this in one of the post and was wondering what thoughts folks had on it? I would think that this is as dangerous a position as a man can have. To fight against righteousness is to find against what God has called you to be. To war against righteousness would have serious judgement. I don't think there is a scripture that directly quotes the word "war against righteousness", but it is a solid concept in scripture.

I maintain that one who is ignorant would not understand they are fighting against something. We can find many cases of acting in ignorance and acting in knowledge. It goes along the lines of what Paul said when he alluded to not knowing sin had he not known the law.

I have learned over my lifetime in God's word there is a big difference between knowing and not knowing. When you know you intend and act. When you don't know, you act and are ignorant. Does that excuse one's actions? Well that is another point entirely and hopefully there is mercy for the later, or we are all doomed.
Why not allow that "doom" now instead of later?
It is written..."For the wages of sin is death; ..." (Rom 6:23)
It is also written..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Tim 5:24)
I have suffered my death, with Christ, at my "immersion" into His death.
It is written..."I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Gal 2:20)
"My" time in this vessel is over and "His" time has come...Thanks be to God and the name of Jesus Christ.