Dake Bible Discussion BoardChinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by branham1965 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 am

I do not abhor what you are saying.
Why are you saying this??

I agree with some of your views.

I am not opposed to anyone here.I am for everyone 3 John 2.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm
Phil,

i owned a Dake Bible since 1978.He does not teach water salvation or baptismal regeneration.
One must repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.

Water baptism comes after salvation.
Got a scripture for that?
Can a man who still walks in the flesh instead of in the Spirit have salvation?
I say NO.
It is written..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Rom 8:1, 8)

Where do you suppose the flesh is done away with?
It is written..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (Rom 6:6)

How is the flesh destroyed?
It is written..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" (Rom 6:3)

I thank God, in Jesus' name, for something you abhor.

luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by luchnia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:10 pm
No, I am not confusing sin with temptation at all. Notice, I stated "once sin has dawned in the heart." Once one is overcome with temptation and fully yielded, sin will be conceived in the heart. As the old saying goes, "it is a done deal at that point." The life changing event is getting the heart right again.
If a temptation isn't acted on, refused, there is no sin.
The conception of sin is the committing of sin...not the temptation to do it.
Agreed. As long as temptation is not acted on, there is no sin. Same is the case with Jesus, He was tempted as a man, yet did not commit sin.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 am

James 1 :14 " But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived it bringeth forth sin,and sin when it is finished bringeth forth death."
God's Plan for Man
page 32 " Remember thoughts and feelings do not constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished" (James 1:13-16).Temptations are legitimate warnings that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves sin." Reverend Dake

The reason i do not post Reverend Dakes notes like some here can is that i do not have the Dake software and i also do not know how to do that.

It is not out out of any malice or ill will.

luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again

Post by luchnia » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:16 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 am
James 1 :14 " But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived it bringeth forth sin,and sin when it is finished bringeth forth death."
God's Plan for Man
page 32 " Remember thoughts and feelings do not constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished" (James 1:13-16).Temptations are legitimate warnings that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves sin." Reverend Dake

The reason i do not post Reverend Dakes notes like some here can is that i do not have the Dake software and i also do not know how to do that.

It is not out out of any malice or ill will.
:angel:

Word up!

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:37 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 am
I can't tell if you hate water baptism or you hate the effects of it, but you have surely shown yourself to be against it.

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:45 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:55 am
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 pm
luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:10 pm
No, I am not confusing sin with temptation at all. Notice, I stated "once sin has dawned in the heart." Once one is overcome with temptation and fully yielded, sin will be conceived in the heart. As the old saying goes, "it is a done deal at that point." The life changing event is getting the heart right again.
If a temptation isn't acted on, refused, there is no sin.
The conception of sin is the committing of sin...not the temptation to do it.
Agreed. As long as temptation is not acted on, there is no sin. Same is the case with Jesus, He was tempted as a man, yet did not commit sin.
Good I'm glad we agree on that.
When you say..."once sin has dawned in the heart", what do you mean?
Do you mean..."Once the temptation to sin has dawned, arisen, been forced into the heart..."?
To me, "dawned in the heart" means "has been manifested".
It is here. done, present.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:59 pm

I believe in water baptism EXACTLY as Reverend Dake the man of God taught from the Word of God.

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:37 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 am
I can't tell if you hate water baptism or you hate the effects of it, but you have surely shown yourself to be against it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Dad Hagin taught as Reverend Dake did on water baptism.Lester Sumrall did.

Gordon Lindsay founder of Christ for the Nations and the Voice of Healing said he came across over 30++ teachings on water baptism.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:22 pm
Dad Hagin taught as Reverend Dake did on water baptism.Lester Sumrall did.

Gordon Lindsay founder of Christ for the Nations and the Voice of Healing said he came across over 30++ teachings on water baptism.
In those teachings, did any of them say that the new man, "raised with Christ to walk in newness of life", could not commit sin..."because His seed remaineth in him"?
Or that because the flesh was now dead we could be "free from sin"?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:44 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:59 pm
I believe in water baptism EXACTLY as Reverend Dake the man of God taught from the Word of God.
"Belief in" does not equate to "love for".
How many people "believe in" God, but hate Him?
Every sinner who calls himself a Christian is how many. (Matt 6:24)