Dake Bible Discussion BoardChinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by luchnia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm
" IF you have yielded to temptation go to God for forgiveness,and He will forgive you and give you power to overcome.2 Cor.5:17-18;1 John 1:9.Christ will change your life and make you happy free and victorious.That is His part.Your part is to confess and forsake sin. God does not bear grudges.He forgives and helps every time we need Him.He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell every time you do something wrong.He is a kind loving Heavenly Father forgiving us when we cannot seem to forgive ourselves.All complications with God's dealing with us our on our part.Just be faithful to confess anything necessary,resist temptation and God will give you power to overcome...." paragraph 2 page 32 God's Plan for Man by Reverend Finis Jennings Dake.
:angel: Amen, even temptation needs thwarting. Once sin has dawned on the heart, the sinner needs a life changing event to get right with God! I think many today struggle with living victorious in Christ even knowing that God grants the power to do so. Good post.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Hello luchnia

There are 7 baptisms taught in Scripture .3 baptisms for believers note n on Matthew 3:6. Dake Bible.

I think it began with Romanism,Greek Orthodox and Protest Churches that embrace baptismal regeneration.

It is not right.Repentance and faith must be before water baptism.

I know many cases where water baptism was administered before any repentance and faith.

Sabellians = Oneness teach it.Baptism in the name of Jesus Christ only etc.

The Mormons and the Church of Christ have the same exact plan of salvation :shocked!:

ie : hear,believe,repent, confess Christ as the Son of God and be " bop - tized" .

luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am
However he never taught that water baptism is the blood of Jesus Christ!!!
There has always been a lot of confusion around baptism and baptisms. The higher percentage of folks think that when the word "baptism" is used it is automatically associated with water baptism.

I wonder what group is mostly responsible for the teaching of water baptism remitting past sins and the water of that baptism being Jesus blood?

Hill Top
All Things, Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask in Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Post by Hill Top » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Reverend Dake taught us that believers must live right and " behave themselves ".
luchnia posted it above.And i agree with the man of God.

You have misinterpreted Rev Dake, I guess.
The scripture you ignore is 1 John 5:8..."And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."
Peter commanded..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38) Baptism--remission of sins.
We know that..."And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Heb 9:22) No blood--no remission of sins.
Yet Peter says (water) baptism is for the remission of sins.
The waters of baptism are the blood of Christ.
No ,its not unbelief.You are teaching heresy.No Preacher with the Anointing of God ever taught that a child of God cannot commit sins.Not one. This is the first i ever heard that doctrine.In 57 years.
You are ignoring scripture in favor of a man's notes.
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
If those reborn of God can't commit sin, (because His seed remaineth in them), how can they "backslide"?
I certainly hope you aren't espousing a doctrine that allows an UNrebirth after the rebirth by God's seed.
Backsliders is in the complete concordance and cyclopedic index of the Dake Bible. He gives profuse Scripture in his notes and comments. AND he had the Anointing to teach the Word of God. His fruits are millions of believers being blessed in their lives from his life time of Anointed exegesis and expository work.
As lucnia said above..."If a man sins, he is not God's".
Backsliders manifest that they were not born of God.
Last edited by Hill Top on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:43 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
" IF you have yielded to temptation go to God for forgiveness,and He will forgive you and give you power to overcome.2 Cor.5:17-18;1 John 1:9.Christ will change your life and make you happy free and victorious.That is His part.Your part is to confess and forsake sin. God does not bear grudges.He forgives and helps every time we need Him.He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell every time you do something wrong.He is a kind loving Heavenly Father forgiving us when we cannot seem to forgive ourselves.All complications with God's dealing with us our on our part.Just be faithful to confess anything necessary,resist temptation and God will give you power to overcome...." paragraph 2 page 32 God's Plan for Man by Reverend Finis Jennings Dake.
Amen, even temptation needs thwarting. Once sin has dawned on the heart, the sinner needs a life changing event to get right with God! I think many today struggle with living victorious in Christ even knowing that God grants the power to do so. Good post.
You are confusing "sin" (dawning in the heart), with "temptation".

If it requires a "life changing event" to "get right with God", why didn't the first "life changing event" get them "right with God" permanently?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Phil,

i owned a Dake Bible since 1978.He does not teach water salvation or baptismal regeneration.
One must repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.

Water baptism comes after salvation.

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:36 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Reverend Dake taught us that believers must live right and " behave themselves ".
luchnia posted it above.And i agree with the man of God.

You have misinterpreted Rev Dake, I guess.
The scripture you ignore is 1 John 5:8..."And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one."
Peter commanded..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38) Baptism--remission of sins.
We know that..."And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." (Heb 9:22) No blood--no remission of sins.
Yet Peter says (water) baptism is for the remission of sins.
The waters of baptism are the blood of Christ.
No ,its not unbelief.You are teaching heresy.No Preacher with the Anointing of God ever taught that a child of God cannot commit sins.Not one. This is the first i ever heard that doctrine.In 57 years.
You are ignoring scripture in favor of a man's notes.
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
If those reborn of God can't commit sin, (because His seed remaineth in them), how can they "backslide"?
I certainly hope you aren't espousing a doctrine that allows an UNrebirth after the rebirth by God's seed.
Backsliders is in the complete concordance and cyclopedic index of the Dake Bible. He gives profuse Scripture in his notes and comments. AND he had the Anointing to teach the Word of God. His fruits are millions of believers being blessed in their lives from his life time of Anointed exegesis and expository work.
As lucnia said above..."If a man sins, he is not God's".
Backsliders manifest that they were not born of God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Reverend taught that a born again child of God CAN sin if they do not submit to God,resist the devil,wear the armor of God and live right.
luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:33 pm
branham1965 wrote:
:angel: Amen, even temptation needs thwarting. Once sin has dawned on the heart, the sinner needs a life changing event to get right with God! I think many today struggle with living victorious in Christ even knowing that God grants the power to do so. Good post.

luchnia
Disperse Abroad! Give to the Poor! So Shall Thy Righteousness Remain Evermore!

Post by luchnia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:43 pm
You are confusing "sin" (dawning in the heart), with "temptation".

If it requires a "life changing event" to "get right with God", why didn't the first "life changing event" get them "right with God" permanently?
No, I am not confusing sin with temptation at all. Notice, I stated "once sin has dawned in the heart." Once one is overcome with temptation and fully yielded, sin will be conceived in the heart. As the old saying goes, "it is a done deal at that point." The life changing event is getting the heart right again.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:27 pm
Phil,

i owned a Dake Bible since 1978.He does not teach water salvation or baptismal regeneration.
One must repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved.

Water baptism comes after salvation.
Got a scripture for that?
Can a man who still walks in the flesh instead of in the Spirit have salvation?
I say NO.
It is written..."There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God." (Rom 8:1, 8)

Where do you suppose the flesh is done away with?
It is written..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." (Rom 6:6)

How is the flesh destroyed?
It is written..."Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?" (Rom 6:3)

I thank God, in Jesus' name, for something you abhor.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:41 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm
Reverend taught that a born again child of God CAN sin if they do not submit to God,resist the devil,wear the armor of God and live right.
Then he doesn't interpret 1 John 3:9 the same way I do.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:45 pm

luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:10 pm
No, I am not confusing sin with temptation at all. Notice, I stated "once sin has dawned in the heart." Once one is overcome with temptation and fully yielded, sin will be conceived in the heart. As the old saying goes, "it is a done deal at that point." The life changing event is getting the heart right again.
If a temptation isn't acted on, refused, there is no sin.
The conception of sin is the committing of sin...not the temptation to do it.