Dake Bible Discussion BoardChinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by branham1965 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am

REVEREND DAKE taught that if a believer is overcome and yields to temptation they need to confess their sins and be forgiven.1 John 1:8-9
I certainly agree with him. :angel:

luchnia wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:32 am
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 am
Reverend Dake and every real Preacher i have ever learned from teach that a Christian can sin and fail.They need to repent and get right,ask for help and call the Elders if he hath committed SINS they shall be forgiven him.James 5 verses 13-16.
I think I understand your POV on this, yet remember when a saint falls and chooses sin, they are no longer a saint. In my small corner of the world, I find that so many believe that once they sin they are still God's child and it is only fellowship that is lost. They simply cannot grasp that when they sin, they are no longer God's child and He has no part with them.

It is important to note that Dake did not teach sinning saint theology. He was very clear in his teaching that one born again and in Christ is not in sin, nor sinning. When a saint chooses the path of evil, they are no longer in Christ serving God, but they serve satan. I think this is where things can get confused.

In my view, I think Dake was spot on about the child of God and whom he serves. If you look in Dake's book Bible Truths Unmasked and read chapter eight and study all the scriptures he gives, this might be a true enlightenment of what Dake taught on the matter of sin and the born again child of God.

Dake even made the statement, "Do not let men deceive you into thinking that there is no such thing as a clean, holy, and victorious life in Christ secure from sin, the flesh, the world, and the devil. If you are not saved from these things you are not saved from Hell, according to the scriptures in Point 10." ( Point 10 deals with 1 Cor 6:11)

It is well worth the read and a comprehensive study of all the references Dake gives concerning this subject.

Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not

Re: Chinese Pastor Penned a Powerful Declaration of Faith Before Being Dragged Off to Prison

Post by Hill Top » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:58 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:44 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:48 pm
Thank God for verses like..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
What if a man does not take the way to escape? Then what?
If he doesn't take the God supplied escape, he isn't born of God.
His utter end will be a lake of fire.
OR...he can have a real repentance from sin, get baptized for the remission of past sins, pray for the gift of the Holy Ghost/ seal of the inheritance/ mind of Christ.
Having killed the old man, he will be raised with Christ to walk in newness of life...reborn of God's seed.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm

Dake Bible

Matthew 3:11 note a 30 reasons forgiveness not by water

Acts 10:38 note a The true N.T. teaching on baptism

7 baptisms in Scripture note n Matthew 3:6

Backsliders 2 Peter 2:22 notes on 2 Peter see DARB complete concordance and cyclopedic index.

In old time prayer meetings folks would stand and say "pray for me that i will hold out faithful to the end."

What do they say in the so called perfect prayer meetings?? How can the Pastor do what 2 Timothy 4 ;1-2 . How on earth reprove , rebuke and exhort perfect people???

I am very grateful to Reverend Dake protecting me from false doctrine and heresies.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:41 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:40 am
REVEREND DAKE taught that if a believer is overcome and yields to temptation they need to confess their sins and be forgiven.1 John 1:8-9
I certainly agree with him.
The act of sin itself indicates unbelief.
It is written..."Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God." (Heb 3:12)

In Heb.3:19..."So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief."...we don't see sin as the reason the Jews didn't enter into the promised land, but unbelief.
Your 1 John 1 sinners will also be denied eternal paradise because of unbelief. They walk in darkness.
Unless they truly repent of sin, their fate is settled already.
As their previous repentance, (turn from sin), turned out to be a lie, God mercifully still offers them the chance to get it right.
Whether or not they will keep manifesting their unbelief is up to the individual man.

As for real believers, they believe 1 Cor 10:13..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
Real believers look for the escapes from temptation...and find them, thanks be to God.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:47 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm
Dake Bible

Backsliders 2 Peter 2:22 notes on 2 Peter see DARB complete concordance and cyclopedic index.

In old time prayer meetings folks would stand and say "pray for me that i will hold out faithful to the end."

What do they say in the so called perfect prayer meetings?? How can the Pastor do what 2 Timothy 4 ;1-2 . How on earth reprove , rebuke and exhort perfect people???
I am very grateful to Reverend Dake protecting me from false doctrine and heresies.
Has he also "protected you" from a life without sin"
Water doesn't forgive sin.
When water is used for baptism (for the remission of past sins, Acts 2:38) it is the blood of Christ.

BTW, I see no mention of "perfect people" in 2 Tim 4:1-2.

luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Post by luchnia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 am

branham1965 wrote:
Yes, agreed - he certainly did. I would change the statement some as one could take it to mean that one with God's seed can sin, which is incorrect according to the scripture and Dake's teaching.

Dake straight lined with scripture on this and taught that a child of God could be overcome and yield to temptation and sin being unconverted and separated from God. In sin he would be a child of the devil which would require confessing and forsaking sin and building the foundation again of the new birth, that is unless they chose to remain in a life of sin serving satan.

To put it in simpler terms - if a man sin, he is not God's, but satan's.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am

Reverend Dake taught us that believers must live right and " behave themselves ".

luchnia posted it above.And i agree with the man of God.

However he never taught that water baptism is the blood of Jesus Christ!!!
People must repent and believe and then they can be water baptized.It is explained perfectly in the profuse notes in the Dake Bible.
I was reading in Romans and looking at the notes.It is amazing the revelation knowledge that he had.

No ,its not unbelief.You are teaching heresy.No Preacher with the Anointing of God ever taught that a child of God cannot commit sins.Not one.

This is the first i ever heard that doctrine.In 57 years.

Backsliders is in the complete concordance and cyclopedic index of the Dake Bible. He gives profuse Scripture in his notes and comments. AND he had the Anointing to teach the Word of God. His fruits are millions of believers being blessed in their lives from his life time of Anointed exegesis and expository work.

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:47 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:13 pm
Dake Bible

Has he also "protected you" from a life without sin"
Water doesn't forgive sin.
When water is used for baptism (for the remission of past sins, Acts 2:38) it is the blood of Christ.

BTW, I see no mention of "perfect people" in 2 Tim 4:1-2.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:08 am

There are many dvds of Reverend Dake on youtube.

They are free and really wonderful.I never thought i would get to hear him teach like that.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:08 pm

God's Plan for Man by Reverend Dake

" IF you have yielded to temptation go to God for forgiveness,and He will forgive you and give you power to overcome.2 Cor.5:17-18;1 John 1:9.Christ will change your life and make you happy free and victorious.That is His part.Your part is to confess and forsake sin. God does not bear grudges.He forgives and helps every time we need Him.He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell every time you do something wrong.He is a kind loving Heavenly Father forgiving us when we cannot seem to forgive ourselves.All complications with God's dealing with us our on our part.Just be faithful to confess anything necessary,resist temptation and God will give you power to overcome.... " paragraph 2 page 32 God's Plan for Man by Reverend Finis Jennings Dake.

Reverend Dake taught the truth about backsliders.

Notes on Hebrew 6
note r 2 outstanding facts

1) Christians can backslide,tear down the foundation of repentance that is already laid.Should they ever again be admitted to the church they will have to build again the foundation of repentance and do their first works again Hebrews 6 verses 1-2;Rev.2:5....

luchnia wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:46 am
branham1965 wrote:
Yes, agreed - he certainly did. I would change the statement some as one could take it to mean that one with God's seed can sin, which is incorrect according to the scripture and Dake's teaching.

Dake straight lined with scripture on this and taught that a child of God could be overcome and yield to temptation and sin being unconverted and separated from God. In sin he would be a child of the devil which would require confessing and forsaking sin and building the foundation again of the new birth, that is unless they chose to remain in a life of sin serving satan.

To put it in simpler terms - if a man sin, he is not God's, but satan's.
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Post by luchnia » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:28 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 am
However he never taught that water baptism is the blood of Jesus Christ!!!
There has always been a lot of confusion around baptism and baptisms. The higher percentage of folks think that when the word "baptism" is used it is automatically associated with water baptism.

I wonder what group is mostly responsible for the teaching of water baptism remitting past sins and the water of that baptism being Jesus blood?

Word up!