Dake Bible Discussion BoardI wonder...

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

I wonder...

Post by Hill Top » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 pm

I wonder what those who don't believe a reborn man CAN life without sin think of this?
"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:11-12)

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Re: I wonder...

Post by macca » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:33 am

Good post..
I ran into a brick wall with scriptures like that one years ago.....lol
No one believed that was possible and I mean no one....
The leaders of the churches I was in even preached against the very thought that a child of God could be righteous and live sin free....

Naturally there was no power in these places, just talk and make believe.

Made up moves of the Spirit.....people in ministry who were not living right before God and man.

An utter disgrace and a farce.

Being humble in the sight of God is believing what God says you are.....not what others say about you.

Study that great man of God the Apostle Paul and follow him as he followed Jesus.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 pm
I wonder what those who don't believe a reborn man CAN life without sin think of this?
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;" (Titus 2:11-12)
The oldtimers use to preach "It is holiness or Hell."

Don't hear much of that anymore... - sad indeed.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by Hill Top » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 pm

macca wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:33 am
Good post..
The leaders of the churches I was in even preached against the very thought that a child of God could be righteous and live sin free....
Made up moves of the Spirit.....people in ministry who were not living right before God and man.
Being humble in the sight of God is believing what God says you are.....not what others say about you.
Study that great man of God the Apostle Paul and follow him as he followed Jesus.
So many have bought the big lie that we have no requirements as children of God.
And that we have no power to control our own destiny.
Sadly, they believe the illusion foisted on man by the devil.
Thanks for the reply.
It made my day.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:13 pm

bibleman wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 am
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:28 pm
The oldtimers use to preach "It is holiness or Hell."
Don't hear much of that anymore... - sad indeed.
Today's false churches spread a message of sin without consequences.
Sad indeed.

luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again

Post by luchnia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 pm
macca wrote:
Good post..
So many have bought the big lie that we have no requirements as children of God.
Thanks for the reply.
It made my day.
:angel: So true. I call it the lie of sinning saint theology. It is amazing how many people think they are in sin every moment of the day and somehow a saint at the same time.

Someone once told me they were led by God's Spirit and yet said they were in sin and could never not sin. That they were powerless. I said they had to repent and forsake sin and I asked them how God's Spirit could be liable for their sin? Let's just say they cared not for my comment.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:54 pm
So true. I call it the lie of sinning saint theology. It is amazing how many people think they are in sin every moment of the day and somehow a saint at the same time.

Someone once told me they were led by God's Spirit and yet said they were in sin and could never not sin. That they were powerless. I said they had to repent and forsake sin and I asked them how God's Spirit could be liable for their sin? Let's just say they cared not for my comment.
What has been your greatest help in explaining your POV to those who defend a life in sin?

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 am

luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:10 pm
macca wrote:
Good post..
Thanks for the reply.
It made my day.
:angel: So true. I call it the lie of sinning saint theology. It is amazing how many people think they are in sin every moment of the day and somehow a saint at the same time.

In a discussion with a church leader on this very subject, I called him "scizttzophanic" in his beliefs.. needless to say that was the end of the discussion. ....

luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again

Post by luchnia » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:38 am

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm
luchnia wrote:
So true. I call it the lie of sinning saint theology. It is amazing how many people think they are in sin every moment of the day and somehow a saint at the same time.

What has been your greatest help in explaining your POV to those who defend a life in sin?
In almost 40 years I have not found anything that really works except to continue to provide God's word concerning the subject. I wished I knew how to help them understand the fullness of what Jesus did for us, especially the power in being free from sin.

I find there are three cases, but only two that I have experienced the most, so I will stick to those two for this post.

Case one is a saint who really does not understand sin, is confused, and is really not in sin, but thinks stubbing their toe is sin. Case two is one who is really sinning, doing evil, and not converted, but has been deceived to think they can sin and are still saved.

In the first case it is an education problem - ignorance to what the Word teaches concerning freedom from sin. Usually it stems from being under teaching all your life that you are a depraved sinner, that will never change, and you are powerless to change it. It teaches that accepting Jesus does indeed save you, yet you can never be free from the yoke of sin as long as you are living in your flesh body. It is as if there are blinders on the person about what sin really is.

I see group one more often. In most of these cases you have to deliver God's word with meekness of wisdom and hope for the best, yet I cannot state that I have seen many change their positions on this - maybe a very small few over the years. People are die-hard in what they have been taught for a long time.

The second case is one of darkness and following satan. The person is in sin and does not choose to stop and somehow has believed the lie that God saves all no matter what. Their heart has never been pricked by God's word. There is no Godly sorrow there, and as long as they never receive Jesus, they stay in darkness. This group really knows nothing about God, nor cares to. God is a foreign word to them and anything about God is foolishness.

I don't meet as many in group two in my walk. When you are around this group you can sense the darkness in them. To me this group is challenging and requires much more discernment in delivering God's word.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:22 am

:sleeping: :sleeping: Talk about beating a dead horse.This hobby horse should have ridden by now.

You might be walking in the light and in fellowship.BUT none of you i know are perfect. I certainly am not...

DAD HAGIN said not one of us will be perfect in this flesh and blood body.

Holiness or Sinless Perfectionist hardshellers fool no one but themselves.

Paul told the Galatians to restore a falling brother or sister in Galatians 6:1

IN THE SPIRIT OF MEEKNESS CONSIDERING THYSELF :| LEST THOU ALSO BE TEMPTED.