Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Dake also was a PASTOR....a real one btw.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.
You are correct Dake aligns with the doctrine of Godliness. Dake taught that as long as one was in Christ they were free from sin and holy. He taught that those that think they cannot live free from sin are mistaken as to what sin is.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am
NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHIL NO ONE HERE IS SAYING ANY BELIEVER SHOULD SIN.

WE MOST ALL AGREE WITH THE WORD THAT BELIEVERS CAN FAIL AND EVEN LOSE THEIR SALVATION AND GO TO HELL.

I AGREE WITH REVEREND DAKE.YOU DO NOT.
If they "fail', they are not believers.
Those reborn of God's seed cannot commit sin.
Why?
Because His seed remains in them. (1 John 3:9)
NO ONE IS PERFECT UNTIL THEY ARE IN HEAVEN.
We aren't going to be judged for our hairlines or math skills, so what will change in us between our death as imperfect people and our judgement?
I am perfect now, thanks to the grace, mercy, and love of God.
The "no one is perfect" lie is of the devil.
Why don't you just admit that you don't want to be perfect?
I can understand not wanting to be governed, (2 Peter 2:10), as I was a sinner once too.

Thanks be to God for supplying everything we need to become, and remain, perfect.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:

You are correct Dake aligns with the doctrine of Godliness. Dake taught that as long as one was in Christ they were free from sin and holy. He taught that those that think they cannot live free from sin are mistaken as to what sin is.
I wish you would provide the location of your findings, for those who use rev. Dake"s writings against you.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 pm
luchnia wrote:

I wish you would provide the location of your findings, for those who use rev. Dake"s writings against you.
I would state that a person's source for all truth should always be God's word guided by the Spirit with prayer, meditation, and much study on God's word. Anything else is simply secondary information and should always be considered as such.

I have not noticed anyone using Dake's writings against me on this forum. I think some things are simply said from different angles, yet are basically the same concepts. You probably are referring to branham, but for the most part from what I have seen he is not convinced that a saint is in sin. Remember not everyone on this forum believes with Dake in all things.

It is not a problem to provide location. I tend to not put so many Dake references, nor other author's references, in the posts as the posts get so long. These tools are great for going back and studying a topic, but should never be the source.

Dake wrote about the sinless state of the saint and how to stay free from sin in a number of places in his annotated bible and his other books such as God's Plan for Man, and Bible Truths Unmasked, etc.

Chapter 8 in BTU covers the topic of the new birth and the fact that people that are born again do not sin and they live holy. He was also very thorough in teaching how a saint can fall to sin again. Dake taught holiness and how to stay in that state. At over a thousand pages, GPFM is much more exhaustive in a number of study topics.

Dake taught many things and one of the things he did well was give plenty of references so one could search out the scriptures. In some instances I don't think some of his references provide adequate rationale for the concept.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:49 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 pm
luchnia wrote:

I would state that a person's source for all truth should always be God's word guided by the Spirit with prayer, meditation, and much study on God's word. Anything else is simply secondary information and should always be considered as such.

I have not noticed anyone using Dake's writings against me on this forum. I think some things are simply said from different angles, yet are basically the same concepts. You probably are referring to branham, but for the most part from what I have seen he is not convinced that a saint is in sin. Remember not everyone on this forum believes with Dake in all things.

It is not a problem to provide location. I tend to not put so many Dake references, nor other author's references, in the posts as the posts get so long. These tools are great for going back and studying a topic, but should never be the source.

Dake wrote about the sinless state of the saint and how to stay free from sin in a number of places in his annotated bible and his other books such as God's Plan for Man, and Bible Truths Unmasked, etc.

Chapter 8 in BTU covers the topic of the new birth and the fact that people that are born again do not sin and they live holy. He was also very thorough in teaching how a saint can fall to sin again. Dake taught holiness and how to stay in that state. At over a thousand pages, GPFM is much more exhaustive in a number of study topics.

Dake taught many things and one of the things he did well was give plenty of references so one could search out the scriptures. In some instances I don't think some of his references provide adequate rationale for the concept.
Thanks for the reply.