Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm
NO PHIL YOU ARE WRESTING THE SCRIPTURES.
THE PHARISEE BRAGS ON HOW GREAT HE IS AND GETS NOTHING FROM GOD.
THE PUBLICAN BEGGED GOD FOR MERCY AND WAS PARDONED.
Exactly what you say cannot happen.
I have studied after Reverend Dake since the late 1970's.
No one here or any where i have ever been has known the Bible like Finis Jennings Dake.
His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's.
It is written..."For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
If the publican sorrowed to repentance he was now an ex-sinner.
Any further sin would show his repentance to be a lie, and his "forgiveness" would be nullified.

If Rev Dake told you to quit sinning and be perfect, would you?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:33 pm
I'm guessing that you don't believe that it is a sin to pray contrary to the will of God, even in ignorance.
Since that which is not of faith is sin, praying for something when the will of God is not known could be considered sinful, by some.
I guess you are "some".?
There is no "sin in ignorance" in the NT.
James writes..."Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." (James 1:13-15)
There is no sin without temptation, enticement, lust, and conception.
If one is praying to satisfy some lust, that man is not Christ's.
It is written..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)
No lusts, no sin.
(Thank God for water baptism...(Rom 6:3-7))

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:39 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm
Jesus even chose a publican to be an apostle, Matthew 10:2-3,
V 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
v 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;
What is this in relation to?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHIL NO ONE HERE IS SAYING ANY BELIEVER SHOULD SIN.

WE MOST ALL AGREE WITH THE WORD THAT BELIEVERS CAN FAIL AND EVEN LOSE THEIR SALVATION AND GO TO HELL.

I AGREE WITH REVEREND DAKE.YOU DO NOT.

NO ONE IS PERFECT UNTIL THEY ARE IN HEAVEN.
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:27 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm
NO PHIL YOU ARE WRESTING THE SCRIPTURES.
THE PHARISEE BRAGS ON HOW GREAT HE IS AND GETS NOTHING FROM GOD.
THE PUBLICAN BEGGED GOD FOR MERCY AND WAS PARDONED.
Exactly what you say cannot happen.
I have studied after Reverend Dake since the late 1970's.
No one here or any where i have ever been has known the Bible like Finis Jennings Dake.
His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's.
It is written..."For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death." (2 Cor 7:10)
If the publican sorrowed to repentance he was now an ex-sinner.
Any further sin would show his repentance to be a lie, and his "forgiveness" would be nullified.

If Rev Dake told you to quit sinning and be perfect, would you?

luchnia
May God Who Ministereth Seed to the Sower Increase the Fruits of Your Righteousness

Post by luchnia » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.
You are correct Dake aligns with the doctrine of Godliness. Dake taught that as long as one was in Christ they were free from sin and holy. He taught that those that think they cannot live free from sin are mistaken as to what sin is.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Reverend Dake also was a PASTOR....a real one btw.
luchnia wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:11 am
Hill Top wrote:
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
You are correct Dake aligns with the doctrine of Godliness. Dake taught that as long as one was in Christ they were free from sin and holy. He taught that those that think they cannot live free from sin are mistaken as to what sin is.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:28 pm

How old were Dake's oldest two children when he began pastoring, Billy?
branham1965 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:33 pm
Reverend Dake also was a PASTOR....a real one btw.
luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:57 pm

WHAT is your point Roger???

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:24 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:39 am
NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHIL NO ONE HERE IS SAYING ANY BELIEVER SHOULD SIN.

WE MOST ALL AGREE WITH THE WORD THAT BELIEVERS CAN FAIL AND EVEN LOSE THEIR SALVATION AND GO TO HELL.

I AGREE WITH REVEREND DAKE.YOU DO NOT.
If they "fail', they are not believers.
Those reborn of God's seed cannot commit sin.
Why?
Because His seed remains in them. (1 John 3:9)
NO ONE IS PERFECT UNTIL THEY ARE IN HEAVEN.
We aren't going to be judged for our hairlines or math skills, so what will change in us between our death as imperfect people and our judgement?
I am perfect now, thanks to the grace, mercy, and love of God.
The "no one is perfect" lie is of the devil.
Why don't you just admit that you don't want to be perfect?
I can understand not wanting to be governed, (2 Peter 2:10), as I was a sinner once too.

Thanks be to God for supplying everything we need to become, and remain, perfect.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:27 pm

luchnia wrote:

I wish you would provide the location of your findings, for those who use rev. Dake"s writings against you.