Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm
Hi, Hill Top,
Am I understanding you correctly, that God has heard every prayer you've prayed for the last fourteen years? And, that you always get exactly what you ask for?
He has heard every prayer, but hasn't acted on every request...yet.
1 John 5:14-15 King James Version
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Some things we pray for will not work out in the long run, so God's answer to them may be "NO".
Our prayers must agree with His will.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am

Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.

The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.

Buy a Dake Bible Phil. :scatter:
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 am
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm
AGAIN you need a Dake Bible.
Note d on John 9:31 Examples of God hearing sinners!!!!!
It is too bad you are so rushed that you couldn't include the notes with the post.
Frankly, John 9:31 states the exact opposite of what you opine.
Peter writes..."For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)
In Psalms 34:14-16 it is written..."Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth."
Note a on Matthew 3:11 10 reasons forgiveness not by WATER!!!!!
Include your findings, as there is nothing in the verses that infer that.

I'm not interested in reasons to commit more sin.
I gave up that life when I was crucified and buried with Christ.
I was then raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life without sin.



User avatar
luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by luchnia » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:07 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:03 am
I'm not interested in reasons to commit more sin.
I gave up that life when I was crucified and buried with Christ.
I was then raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
A life without sin.
This is the blessed of all things that the child of God has. Freedom from sin and walking in newness of life. The sinner simply cannot even see that aspect. I remember giving up that life as well around 45 years ago. Many confuse sinlessness with self-righteous perfection. It is not about that at all. The sinless life is commanded from God.

It is about who you are in Christ and your walk with Him. As long as God's seed remains and a man walk upright with God, he is promised that freedom. It is when that man chooses to follow another path that danger awaits him. When one truly grasps this they can find the desire that God has for His creation to love them of their own free will. It took me some time to "catch hold" of this, and maybe I need much more, yet what I did grasp was when I realized what God desires of us.


Word up!

Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
I suppose you don't realize it but you are doing exactly as the Pharisee.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:09 pm

NO PHIL YOU ARE WRESTING THE SCRIPTURES.

THE PHARISEE BRAGS ON HOW GREAT HE IS AND GETS NOTHING FROM GOD.

THE PUBLICAN BEGGED GOD FOR MERCY AND WAS PARDONED.

Exactly what you say cannot happen.

I have studied after Reverend Dake since the late 1970's.

No one here or any where i have ever been has known the Bible like Finis Jennings Dake.

His Bible and books were once treasures to be had.Today rebels think they know more than him and will even badmouth him.Times have greatly changed since the 70's. :neutral: :neutral:
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
I suppose you don't realize it but you are doing exactly as the Pharisee.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Ironman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:13 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
I suppose you don't realize it but you are doing exactly as the Pharisee.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.
Hill Top, its you who doesn't see it.
Luke 18:10-14,
10, Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11, The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12, I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13, And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14, I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The repenting publican was forgiven and will be exalted, the Pharisee, who thanked God, that he was not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as the publican, was not exalted, he will be abased.

Stop exalting yourself. Your coming across like some Self Licking Ice Cream!


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:31 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:13 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:28 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:45 am
Read Luke 18.the publican said GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME A .....SINNER. He went to his house justified.
The Pharisee bragged on himself to God.He prayed with himself the Bible says.He was not heard.
Buy a Dake Bible Phil.
I suppose you don't realize it but you are doing exactly as the Pharisee.
You seem to infuse yourself as the publican and thank God you are not like these dirty Pharisees.
Do you see the irony?

I will not buy an annotated book that doesn't condemn sin.
As it is these annotations, and not the text itself, that you rely on to continue to advocate for sin, I have no need for it.
What I have read from Rev Dake aligns with the doctrine which is according to Godliness and not any doctrine which is according to unGodliness.
I'm surprised you don't see it.
Hill Top, its you who doesn't see it.
Luke 18:10-14,
10, Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11, The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12, I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13, And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14, I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

The repenting publican was forgiven and will be exalted, the Pharisee, who thanked God, that he was not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as the publican, was not exalted, he will be abased.

Stop exalting yourself. Your coming across like some Self Licking Ice Cream!
"Self Licking Ice Cream!"

Now that's funny. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And, it doesn't say that the publican was baptized.


KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4574
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:33 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:10 am
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:20 pm
Hi, Hill Top,
Am I understanding you correctly, that God has heard every prayer you've prayed for the last fourteen years? And, that you always get exactly what you ask for?
He has heard every prayer, but hasn't acted on every request...yet.
1 John 5:14-15 King James Version
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: and if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Some things we pray for will not work out in the long run, so God's answer to them may be "NO".
Our prayers must agree with His will.
I'm guessing that you don't believe that it is a sin to pray contrary to the will of God, even in ignorance.

Since that which is not of faith is sin, praying for something when the will of God is not known could be considered sinful, by some.


KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2988
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by Ironman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Jesus even chose a publican to be an apostle, Matthew 10:2-3,
V 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
v 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6243
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by branham1965 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 pm

That is right.Matthew was.

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:38 pm
Jesus even chose a publican to be an apostle, Matthew 10:2-3,
V 2, Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;
v 3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James [the son] of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;



Post Reply