Dake Bible Discussion BoardHolidays or not?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Holidays or not?

Post by branham1965 »

As i said before the holidays and not worldly to me and mine.They are sacred.

You guys speak for yourselves.

+manger +cross

I cannot wait until Christmas!!!! +snow +wisemen +manger

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:07 pm

+manger +cross

Which ones do you hold sacred? Do you celebrate all saints day and other holidays besides christmas and easter?

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Holiday is from the old English holy day.

I observe Thanksgiving,Christmas and Easter.

luchnia wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 pm
branham1965 wrote:

+manger +cross

Which ones do you hold sacred? Do you celebrate all saints day and other holidays besides christmas and easter?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:34 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 pm
branham1965 wrote:

+manger +cross

I cannot wait until Christmas!!!!
**********************************************************************************************************

My entire family and extended family celebrates Christmas and Easter billy. I cut myself off for nearly 10 years when I was in the WWCOG and I was lucky they never left me as many in that church were booted out of their families. I now go to the family get togethers and enjoy the company of all the cousins, in-laws, the children and grand children. I have learnt this much billy. One can do more for one's family and friends by not cutting ones self from them

Judging others by what they do or understand is no help or good for anyone. The pharisee's judged Jesus when He associated with publicans and sinners. I felt like a pharisee when I cut myself of from family get togethers during Christmas and Easter. many thought I was "NUTS." :lol!: I dont buy gifts, I give my kids and grandkids money and they can buy what they like.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I understand Haz.

I think a person needs to follow their conscience. :angel:

However i believe and was taught the sacredness of the holy days.

And i observe them.

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:37 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:41 pm
The world's polluted holidays are evil, as they are from the minds of evil people.
How so? In what sense do you think the holidays are evil, or is it certain holidays you consider from evil and other ok?
I am curious as I believe it to be more a matter of ignorance from those that start such things. Much like Martin Luther King, presidents, new years day, and so on, in my opinion they are about as ignorant a reason for holidays as one can get, yet what makes them evil? Is it simply because a man came up with it and got others to buy into it?
They are evil events used to foment wantonness and debauchery.
Drunkenness and lewd behavior.
Greed and flesh.
Most Americans will spend 1 hour in church for Christmas and Easter and say they have fulfilled their obligations to religion for the year.
It is a pathetic show designed to impress the neighbors.

Decorations and festivities insulate folks from the true meaning of the hope of redemption and of eternal life in the presence of God.
Charity and love seem to get ramped up, for a while, but then the folks return to their usual form.
Form that shows who they are really born of.
Christmas is a charade.
Easter is "spring break".
Halloween is an excuse to dress as someone else. To assume the accouterments and personalitys of devils and whores.
But after the fact, folks say..."It's just for the kids!"
Brain-washing the young into the acceptance of wickedness is what holidays really are.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:34 pm

I think this is the characteristic of most people in the USA. They celebrate these three and leave the other holidays alone such as all saints day. Some celebrate Thanksgiving and not christmas and easter, but that is not the largest percentage of people.

Makes you wonder though, why they hold these sacred and not others? Isn't that a double-standard to practice these and not the others since they are all deemed christian holidays?

All saints day is defined as a christian holiday. I wonder why that is often not observed and held sacred? It would be way more important than thanksgiving as it is hallowed and thanksgiving is merely celebrating a Pilgrim harvest festival giving thanks for the harvest of the new land.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:14 pm
They are evil events used to foment wantonness and debauchery.
Drunkenness and lewd behavior.
Greed and flesh.
Most Americans will spend 1 hour in church for Christmas and Easter and say they have fulfilled their obligations to religion for the year.
It is a pathetic show designed to impress the neighbors.

Decorations and festivities insulate folks from the true meaning of the hope of redemption and of eternal life in the presence of God.
Charity and love seem to get ramped up, for a while, but then the folks return to their usual form.
Form that shows who they are really born of.
Christmas is a charade.
Easter is "spring break".
Halloween is an excuse to dress as someone else. To assume the accouterments and personalitys of devils and whores.
But after the fact, folks say..."It's just for the kids!"
Brain-washing the young into the acceptance of wickedness is what holidays really are.
Thanks for responding. You make interesting points and some that I fully agree with. I would imply that most I know do not use those days for wantonness and debauchery, nor drunkenness and lewd behavior. I am aware that many do just as you imply, but many do not.

I also agree that is is a time that some will spend 1 hour at church and think they have fulfilled their obligations to religion. This is sad indeed and does happen to untold thousands, if not millions today.

My guess is that you believe all who celebrate christmas or easter are evil and not born again, as you state "form that shows who they are really born of" which to me indicate that idea. This poses a challenge, for with this conclusion you would be implying that bibleman, branham, and many others are not born of God.

I would strongly argue against that view. Because one is ignorant of a day and does not have all light, does not exclude them from being born of God. Salvation is by confessing and professing Christ and Him rose again as scripture shows us. The key is to walk in the light as you receive it. Everyone does not have all light in all areas of life. If so, there would be no need of growth.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:20 pm
I felt like a pharisee when I cut myself of from family get togethers during Christmas and Easter. many thought I was "NUTS."
I totally understand this. When I was converted, I went "whole hog" and was way overboard, but did not know better. I even got involved with legalism for a number of years, but when light came from God's word I grew and made the moves away from it to the law of liberty in Christ.

When I was converted it was all new to me and of course I had not obtained maturity and wisdom, so what did I know? I cut myself off as well, yet in some parts it was the right thing to do, but in other parts it was not. My ignorance was thinking I had somehow obtained this grand knowledge, which I had in part, yet I had not obtained the wisdom of how to use that knowledge correctly!

Just because the hot rod will run 120 MPH does not mean a new-by knows how to drive it that fast. This was much the way my early growth process was. I was a perfect one-text wonder and could spit those text out like no tomorrow! The point is I was driving at a speed that I did not know how to drive that fast.

As I look back I think I did damage to many people and I regret that now and wished I could take it back and trade it in for the maturity that I have attained over the years. I am of the mindset and knowledge now that the Word is a sword and must be used as such and not a club to bludgeon others to death.

Word up!

TruthSeeker
Malachi

Post by TruthSeeker »

branham1965 wrote:

+manger +cross

I pray you and your loved ones have a blessed and joy filled Christmas/Holiday season. As my pastor once said, it makes you wonder if some christians that find fault with everyone and all things if they were baptized in water or pickle juice.