Dake Bible Discussion BoardCleansed v. Whole

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Cleansed v. Whole

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm

CLEANSED v. WHOLE
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
And it came to pass, as He went to Jerusalem, that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as He entered into a certain village, there met Him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:

And they lifted up their voices, and said, "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us."

And when He saw them, He said unto them,
"Go shew yourselves unto the priests."

And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were CLEANSED.

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

And Jesus answering said,
"Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine?

"There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger."

And He said unto him, "Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee WHOLE."

● Luke 17:11-19 King James Version
Was just looking over this passage, this evening, and a difference between the Nine and the One stood out to me... Only the One was cleansed and made whole. The Nine were merely cleansed.

What a difference glorifying God and giving thanks in faith makes!

Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

luchnia
With the Same Measure that Ye Mete Withal It Shall Be Measured to You Again

Re: Cleansed v. Whole

Post by luchnia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm
CLEANSED v. WHOLE
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
And it came to pass, as He went to Jerusalem, that He passed through the midst of Samaria and Galilee. And as He entered into a certain village, there met Him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:

And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, and fell down on his face at His feet, giving Him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.

Was just looking over this passage, this evening, and a difference between the Nine and the One stood out to me... Only the One was cleansed and made whole. The Nine were merely cleansed.

Great points here and thanks for posting this!

Simply because one is healed (cleansed) does not mean they are made whole. The same with other blessings of God - a blessing in one area does not make a man whole. There are those that receive and still walk away with a troubled spirit before God.

What made the man turn back? The verse states that he saw he was healed. Was that the realization or the physical seeing with the eyes? Faith doesn't have to see to know, yet seeing what is manifested brings many to realize. Since they had the level of faith to be healed, you wonder why they would not give the praise and glory to Him even before the healing occurred?

Another interesting point is that they did not receive it exactly at the moment Jesus spoke the words He did, but "as they went..." they were cleansed. Notice the actual operation of faith manifesting in this.

The same thing with those born of God. It is amazing how a man fully redeemed, cleansed, walking with God, can simply choose to follow evil and go deep into sin. It is the type of thing that makes you wonder why a man's will takes him down a path of destruction. I think of how close Peter was to what Judas had done. Thankfully he changed his heart and came back to God whereas Judas did not.

The power of the will choosing right or wrong is amazing to me and one that can discern that in another person is truly blessed. To be able to determine what a man will do is a completely different level. I long for that higher state of discernment and understanding.

Word up!

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 am
The same thing with those born of God. It is amazing how a man fully redeemed, cleansed, walking with God, can simply choose to follow evil and go deep into sin.
The fact they sinned shows they were not "born of God".
Those with God's seed in them cannot commit sin.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:28 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 pm
luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:14 am
The same thing with those born of God. It is amazing how a man fully redeemed, cleansed, walking with God, can simply choose to follow evil and go deep into sin.
The fact they sinned shows they were not "born of God".
Those with God's seed in them cannot commit sin.
That is right. When a man sins, he is not born of God.

Word up!

Hill Top
Go Forth, Preaching Every Where... And, the Lord Shall Work With You, Confirming His Word With Signs Following

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:28 pm
When a man sins, he shows he was never born of God.
Had he been born of God, God's seed would have remained in him.
That seed defines what kind of fruit can be manifested.

I thank God for His mercy and love, and for the gift of repentance...so I can finish my life without returning to sin.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm
luchnia wrote:
Since there is no scriptural evidence from God's word to support that statement, one might wonder where that information came from. Care to share your source that others might research?

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:32 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:54 am
Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:11 pm
luchnia wrote:
Since there is no scriptural evidence from God's word to support that statement, one might wonder where that information came from. Care to share your source that others might research?
It is written..."Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)
If a man "cannot commit sin because he is born of God", sin shows the lack of having God's seed in a man.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:10 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:32 pm
I was asking to see if you would share your source for the statement you made, not the verse from 1 Jn 3:9. 1 Jn 3:9 is scriptural, but there is no scriptural evidence for the "never born from God" statement that you consistently make.

I was simply inquiring about your source for your POV where you state: "When a man sins, he shows he was never born of God." If you don't want to share the information, that is not a problem and I respect that fully. I like to study sources of information such as this and compare it to what the Word of God states on the issue.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:27 pm

luchnia wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:10 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:32 pm
I was asking to see if you would share your source for the statement you made, not the verse from 1 Jn 3:9. 1 Jn 3:9 is scriptural, but there is no scriptural evidence for the "never born from God" statement that you consistently make.

I was simply inquiring about your source for your POV where you state: "When a man sins, he shows he was never born of God." If you don't want to share the information, that is not a problem and I respect that fully. I like to study sources of information such as this and compare it to what the Word of God states on the issue.
1 John 3:9 states it.
Had a man been born of God, God's seed would remain in him.
That seed is the reason they can't commit sin.
Grape vines cannot bear figs.
Grape seeds cannot bear anything but grapes.
God's seed cannot bear anything unGodly.
The knowledge of that brings me great comfort...and strength.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm
CLEANSED v. WHOLE
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Did you have any more thoughts on the difference between the one that was made whole and the nine that were cleansed?

Word up!