Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptize with fire.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Baptize with fire.

Post by Ironman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Please explain this, "he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
All Things Whatsoever Ye Shall Ask In Prayer, Believing, Ye Shall Receive

Re: Baptize with fire.

Post by Hill Top » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 pm

Matthew 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
The baptism of fire is the end of the world.
Verse 12 makes it clear..."Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire."

luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Re: Baptize with fire.

Post by luchnia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:21 am

Ironman wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:52 pm

In my opinion this is a baptism for the saints by the Holy Spirit to be endued with greater power for service.

Word up!