Dake Bible Discussion BoardPaganism accepted in churches.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Paganism accepted in churches.

Post by Ironman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm

I just on the radio this morning, a local Anglican Church in Newcastle advertising their HALLOWEEN PARTY TONIGHT starting a 4pm till 7pm. Bring your children and enjoy the evening. We will have scary foods, costumes and games.

How sad things have become. :arrow: :arrow:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top
Teach All Nations to Observe All Things Whatsoever Jesus Hath Commanded

Re: Paganism accepted in churches.

Post by Hill Top » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Ironman wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm
I just on the radio this morning, a local Anglican Church in Newcastle advertising their HALLOWEEN PARTY TONIGHT starting a 4pm till 7pm. Bring your children and enjoy the evening. We will have scary foods, costumes and games.
It isn't so much "have become" as it is "has been for centuries".
The fake "churches" have usurped the pagan holidays in an effort to entice the pagans to "play along".
They are both of the same spirit.

luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly

Post by luchnia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am

Ironman wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Agreed. They probably do the pagan christmas holiday too.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:10 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am
Agreed. They probably do the pagan christmas holiday too.
And valentines day.
And Easter.
And saint patrick's day.
All are parts of pagan tradition now.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 pm

Ever read his Ninety-Five Theses?

October 31st is Protestant Reformation Day.

Andrew Sluder wrote:The Protestant Reformation is like those people who show up late to a party & act like it’s just begun....
#Baptists #ReformationDay

Job 14:4 King James Version
Who can bring a CLEAN thing out of an UNCLEAN? Not one.

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:12 pm

One whore leaves another whore and they name a day after it?

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:49 am

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 pm

You know as I look back over the years, I find more and more how man has changed the word of God to suit themselves rather than aligning with the word. If God could legally intervene at this time it would be amazing what would dramatically change.

Most of the men did not have an evil agenda (certainly some did), yet they were ignorant and that ignorance produced much of what we have today in many different types of practices. Consider how the meaning of the Church and worship was changed from what is in God's word and sadly it has not changed back because men won't go back to God's word and do what is shown there. Paul showed us how he had to struggle with people to get them to understand these simple things.

Word up!

Grandfather
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by Grandfather » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 am

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:49 am
You know as I look back over the years, I find more and more how man has changed the word of God to suit themselves rather than aligning with the word. If God could legally intervene at this time it would be amazing what would dramatically change.
Interesting I agree that I often make the same observation. However, I often wonder if this observation works both ways? Do people who appear "change the word of God" but are actually growing more godly in character and behavior get judged by the same reaction? I think of Jesus and John the Baptist. The religious crowd of the day accused both of changing the word of God to suit themselves and yet Jesus and John had different directions in walking out their calling.

The point I am attempting to make, and attempting poorly I might add, is that often it is a matter of perspective and not an issue of black and white.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

Grandfather wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 am
luchnia wrote:
Interesting I agree that I often make the same observation. However, I often wonder if this observation works both ways? Do people who appear "change the word of God" but are actually growing more godly in character and behavior get judged by the same reaction? I think of Jesus and John the Baptist. The religious crowd of the day accused both of changing the word of God to suit themselves and yet Jesus and John had different directions in walking out their calling.

The point I am attempting to make, and attempting poorly I might add, is that often it is a matter of perspective and not an issue of black and white.
I know what you mean and I believe this is a big part of it. I believe perception changes with age and study. I have to always be aware of how I perceive a matter, and at best what do I have in my lifetime to compare that with? Our environment strongly shapes how we perceive a matter. Hard to place ourselves back in the times that the writers recorded the Word for us.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:20 pm

luchnia wrote:
Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:22 pm

Most of the men did not have an evil agenda (certainly some did), yet they were ignorant and that ignorance produced much of what we have today in many different types of practices. Consider how the meaning of the Church and worship was changed from what is in God's word and sadly it has not changed back because men won't go back to God's word and do what is shown there. Paul showed us how he had to struggle with people to get them to understand these simple things.
Ignorance will not cancel out wickedness on the day of judgement.
Had their intent been to serve God, instead of break from catholicism, we may have had a very different world now.