Dake Bible Discussion BoardEternally secure and thus cannot lose their salvation

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Re: Eternally secure and thus cannot lose their salvation

Post by Hill Top »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:27 pm
This sort of flies in the face of once saved always saved, because if a man is saved and cannot fall away, then his salvation is assured and would not need final judgment. Of course there are different judgments, yet what would final judgement do for an already saved person, except for rewards?

I suppose this "final judgment" is more like final realization of whether a man is righteous or not. When he turns those last pages of his life, he will one day assuredly find out whether he is saved.

Often when death faces a man his words become very different than they were when death did not appear so near. I have seen some heart wrenching moments when one would cry out to God for help for hours during their last breaths.
I have "Bible Gateway.com" on a tab at the top of this page, and it makes it easy to do word studies.
Type in...book of life...on the search line and all the scrips' with that phrase will appear for study.