Dake Bible Discussion BoardJonah

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Jonah

Post by branham1965 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 am

READ IT AGAIN

James 5:19 ASV My brethren IF ANY AMONG YOU ERR FROM THE TRUTH AND ONE CONVERT HIM... that is proof a child of God can so sin to be lost.
Galatians 5:1-4

" For freedom did Christ set us free:stand fast therefore and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage.Behold i Paul say unto you,if ye receive circumcision ,Christ will profit you nothing.Yea i testify to every man that receiveth circumcision that he is a debtor to do the whole law.Ye are severed from Christ ,ye who would be justified by the law ye are fallen away from grace." ASV.

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:49 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Please, explain James 5:19-20:
James 5:19-20 King James Version
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

How does one of the brethren become a sinner in need of having his soul saved from death?
Since when are the 'unconverted' our brothers?
They are born from different seed !
Why would the apostle call one that could err from the truth and be converted a brother if such were not possible?
Would you have preferred "the apostle" to refer to the sinner as "a born of the devil son of satan"?
The premise of Christianity is the redemption of all men, and being nice to such helps in the persuasion of the lost.
, clearly says that a brother can err from the truth, be converted, and that such conversion can save that erring brother from death and hide many sins.
If you are quoting James 5:19-20, the "brethren" he mentions are those who should be trying to convert the sinner.
He isn't calling the sinner a brother.
Paul does the same thing in Galatians 6:1.
Sinners are not the Christian's brother, as they have different fathers.

luchnia
May God Who Ministereth Seed to the Sower Increase the Fruits of Your Righteousness

Post by luchnia » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:33 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 am
READ IT AGAIN

James 5:19 ASV My brethren IF ANY AMONG YOU ERR FROM THE TRUTH AND ONE CONVERT HIM... that is proof a child of God can so sin to be lost.
Galatians 5:1-4

" For freedom did Christ set us free:stand fast therefore and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage.Behold i Paul say unto you,if ye receive circumcision ,Christ will profit you nothing.Yea i testify to every man that receiveth circumcision that he is a debtor to do the whole law.Ye are severed from Christ ,ye who would be justified by the law ye are fallen away from grace." ASV.
:angel: That is definitely a scripture not to be taken lightly!

Word up!

Hill Top
We Receive of Him, Because We Keep His Commandments

Post by Hill Top » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:46 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:21 am
READ IT AGAIN
It must also then be "proof" that 1 John 3:9 is untrue.
I can't agree with either postulation.
Just because "they are among you" doesn't mean they are born of God.
Galatians 5:1-4..." For freedom did Christ set us free:stand fast therefore and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage.Behold i Paul say unto you,if ye receive circumcision ,Christ will profit you nothing.Yea i testify to every man that receiveth circumcision that he is a debtor to do the whole law.Ye are severed from Christ ,ye who would be justified by the law ye are fallen away from grace." ASV.
I can't quite figure out how this applies to fig trees NOT bearing grapes...or of God's seed NOT committing sin.

You don't seem to understand how the seed of God within a man can prohibit the commission of sin.
To deny that fact, denies the power of rebirth.
Or is "rebirth" just a catch-phrase to you?