Dake Bible Discussion BoardJonah

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Re: Jonah

Post by luchnia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 am

Hill Top wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm
"If you sin" doesn't register to those who don't commit sin.
Sin is a part of a past life that has no bearing on me anymore.
It should register to those who don't commit sin because it was written to the saints of God and not sinners. A sinner does not need to be told, "if you sin" because they are already in sin. I agree that sin is part of the saint's past life and should remain in the past, yet for some sin will be in their future.
Hill Top wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:20 pm
1 John 3:9 is one of the scriptures twisted by the wicked to accommodate more sin in their futures.
Some install the word "practice" before "sin", in verse 9, insinuating that a murder, lie, or adultery must be committed every month, or every week, or every day to be counted as "of the devil".
One sin is enough to declare one's allegiance.
I agree this part is plausible and I am sure many do this, although I don't know anyone that does. It is a truth that one sin declares one's allegiance. I know some folks that would debate one sin declaring one's allegiance and I find it hard to believe they do not realize that one sin is following evil.

Word up!

Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not

Post by Hill Top » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm

luchnia wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 am
It should register to those who don't commit sin because it was written to the saints of God and not sinners.
Actually, you wrote it, and I replied to it.
I agree this part is plausible and I am sure many do this, although I don't know anyone that does. It is a truth that one sin declares one's allegiance. I know some folks that would debate one sin declaring one's allegiance and I find it hard to believe they do not realize that one sin is following evil.
As you do realize this, that one sin declares one's allegiance to the devil, why do you have such a hard time believing those born of God cannot commit sin?
That those who commit sin are NOT born of God?
Don't you equate repentance from sin and rebirth with allegiance to God?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Reverend Dake says it right. :angel: :angel:

Ironman wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:38 am
Hill Top wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:21 pm
macca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 am
Jesus states in the parable of the sower all we need to know about "the seed" It's the word of God.
DNA more rubbish.
And that which is reborn of the Word of God cannot commit sin.
Why?
Because His seed remains in him.

Read this again.

1 John 3: 9, Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Dake, . . . . The secret of a proper understanding of this verse is in the word "IN," which means in harmony with or in union with, and not bodily entrance into.

The seed is the Word of God by which a man is born again (1 Peter 1:23; Jas. 1:18). The simple idea is that as long as one remains in union with or in harmony with the seed, or the Word of God, he cannot sin. If he grows cold in his love for God, ceases to pray and keep his spiritual life up to normal he then may be overcome again by sin by transgressing the Word of God (1 John 2:1; 2 Peter 1:5-10.

Dake Bible 1 John notes, 7 fallacies based on 1 John 3:9. page 489.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm
As you do realize this, that one sin declares one's allegiance to the devil, why do you have such a hard time believing those born of God cannot commit sin?
That those who commit sin are NOT born of God?
Don't you equate repentance from sin and rebirth with allegiance to God?
I don't have a hard time believing that those born of God cannot commit sin. I fully believe that and don't disagree with it. When one chooses to sin and sins, they are NOT born of God. Those born of God do not commit sin as I have stated many times in the forum.

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Please, explain James 5:19-20:
James 5:19-20 King James Version
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

How does one of the brethren become a sinner in need of having his soul saved from death?
Since when are the 'unconverted' our brothers?
They are born from different seed !
Why would the apostle call one that could err from the truth and be converted a brother if such were not possible?

James, clearly says that a brother can err from the truth, be converted, and that such conversion can save that erring brother from death and hide many sins.

KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:39 pm
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:09 pm
Can we guarantee that we will always be an apple tree?
Yes, by adhering to the teachings, exhortations, and warnings in scripture.
I'm sure that some would say that this is nothing more than salvation by works.

Why isn't what you're saying salvation by works?

KNOW YOU'RE KNEW
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." — 2 CORINTHIANS 5:17

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Hill Top wrote:
If we became an apple tree through quitting the sin business, doesn't it stand to reason that we could cease being an apple tree by quitting the righteousness business?
Some may look at it as "quitting the sin business", but a sin shows you haven't quit the sin business.
There's definitely truth to that.

Is it possible for a person to genuinely intend to quit the sin business and truly believe that they have given up the sin business (perhaps even for years or decades) and yet sin at a later point?

KNOW YOU'RE KNEW

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:19 pm

Hill Top wrote:
I think you've mentioned in at least one post that it is still possible for you to sin, but if you did that it would just prove that you were never saved.
If that's the case, how do you know that you are saved now? You may sin at some point in the future and reveal that you were deceived about your beliefs concerning your current salvation?
Though I now have hope of being counted worthy of salvation at the return of Christ, my salvation won't be assured till I am raised to meet Him in the air.
If I were to sin in the future, my hope of meeting Christ at His return would be dashed.
My true father will have been illuminated by the sin.

Thank God for scriptures like..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Your true father would be illuminated? Are you saying that it is possible that the devil is your father? That it is possible that you've deceived yourself into believing that you are born again?

KNOW YOU'RE KNEW

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:40 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:52 pm
luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:15 pm
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 pm
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
William Branham believed in the Doctrine of the Serpent's Seed.
I think this is the bizarre teaching that Eve had sex with the serpent and somehow gave birth from it. Been many years ago, but I remember quite a number of folks going down that doctrinal road and it was taught quite a bit from pulpits. It has died down a lot over the years.
I had no clue that Macca was referring to natural offspring. No one had made mention of that prior to his statement, I thought he was referring to Satan having no spiritual offspring was rubbish. If he was referring to natural offspring that is wrong. Although angels did take themselves daughters of men and produced giants (Gen 6:3-4)
Yes, the teaching that Cain was the physical offspring of Eve and Satan has been around for quite a while. William Branham's doctrine of salvation practically hung upon whether or not one was descended from Cain's line. Peter Ruckman also taught a variation of the Serpent Seed doctrine. So did Arnold Murray.

This teaching is popular among some racists, who think it's possible to tell whether or not someone has some Serpent Seed in their ancestry by looking at them. Generally, the idea is that white folks with true blue eyes and true blonde hair are most likely purely descended from Able while those with degrees of variation from that are more than likely descended from Cain.

Some who believe that the White Anglo-Saxon people are the true Israelites hold to the Serpent Seed doctrine, as well.

KNOW YOU'RE KNEW

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:12 pm
Hill Top wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:28 pm
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:06 pm
Please, explain James 5:19-20:
James 5:19-20 King James Version
Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

How does one of the brethren become a sinner in need of having his soul saved from death?
Since when are the 'unconverted' our brothers?
They are born from different seed !
Why would the apostle call one that could err from the truth and be converted a brother if such were not possible?

James, clearly says that a brother can err from the truth, be converted, and that such conversion can save that erring brother from death and hide many sins.
:angel:

Word up!