Dake Bible Discussion BoardJonah

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Hill Top
God Giveth Liberally to All Men and Upbraideth Not

Re: Jonah

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:02 am

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:08 am
The seed of God does not work in totality the way that you are trying to make it work when comparing it to apple trees and fig trees.
If that were the case, what was Jesus proposing while he kept saying figs don't grow on grape vines?
A seed can only bring forth that which it was designed for.
God's seed can only bring forth that which it was designed for, too.
You seem find it hard to believe that a child of God cannot choose to do and follow evil as Scripture shows they can.
Fact is, scripture says just the opposite, in 1 John 3;9
My guess is that you remove man's power to choose and somehow make God's seed usurp that power once a man is born from above.
That which is born of God always chooses to do God's will.
Otherwise it is not of Gods seed.
I am not inferring, nor ever have, that God's seed can bear evil fruit. Why continue to imply that? I stated the very opposite to that numerous times. There is a clear and distinct separation taught in God's word. It is simple, one that has God's seed CANNOT commit sin. It is impossible to do so. One that is of the devil commits sin. How does a person get from one to the other?
That is the antithesis of what you just finished writing above !
Quit going back-and-forth on the issue.
So again the question remains, what happens when a born again saint falls away and follows satan as Scripture shows in numerous places? What happens to God's seed when a person decides to take the path of evil? The Scriptures show that many fell beyond the point of returning (and many more in the future will fall away).
(If you believed your own statement made above, you wouldn't be asking this question.)
He doesn't.
Only those posing as Christians fall away.
They were never reborn of God's seed.
Had they been reborn of God's seed, it would have been impossible to fall away--commit sin.

luchnia
No Evil Shall Befall Them that Make the Lord Their Habitation

Post by luchnia » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:02 am
So again the question remains, what happens when a born again saint falls away and follows satan as Scripture shows in numerous places? What happens to God's seed when a person decides to take the path of evil? The Scriptures show that many fell beyond the point of returning (and many more in the future will fall away).
(If you believed your own statement made above, you wouldn't be asking this question.)
He doesn't.
Thanks for your answer. You state "He doesn't." yet from the Scripture we know that many saints born of God did fall to apostasy, and more will as the Spirit has said. The problem this presents is how does one reconcile the facts that saints can, and do, fall away.

Many Scriptures challenge your view on this. Those scriptures are disregarded while a doctrine has been built upon part of a text. I fully understand how that happens and understand how difficult that focus is to see beyond. With your current POV, Revelations chapter 2 and 3 would bring you great challenges.

Word up!

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am

luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 am
Thanks for your answer. You state "He doesn't." yet from the Scripture we know that many saints born of God did fall to apostasy, and more will as the Spirit has said. The problem this presents is how does one reconcile the facts that saints can, and do, fall away.
Many Scriptures challenge your view on this. Those scriptures are disregarded while a doctrine has been built upon part of a text. I fully understand how that happens and understand how difficult that focus is to see beyond. With your current POV, Revelations chapter 2 and 3 would bring you great challenges.
People who seem to fall away were never God's children to begin with.
His seed cannot commit sin.
Those who seemingly fall away were the children of the devil all along.
Thankfully, God has provided them an intercessor if they do really ever want to become God's children.
That would entail a real "turn from" sin.
False repentances are not the signature of God's children.

TruthSeeker
Be Strong in the Lord

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:52 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:15 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 pm
macca wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:41 pm
Serpent seed. Rubbish.
William Branham believed in the Doctrine of the Serpent's Seed.
I think this is the bizarre teaching that Eve had sex with the serpent and somehow gave birth from it. Been many years ago, but I remember quite a number of folks going down that doctrinal road and it was taught quite a bit from pulpits. It has died down a lot over the years.
I had no clue that Macca was referring to natural offspring. No one had made mention of that prior to his statement, I thought he was referring to Satan having no spiritual offspring was rubbish. If he was referring to natural offspring that is wrong. Although angels did take themselves daughters of men and produced giants (Gen 6:3-4)

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 am
luchnia wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 am
People who seem to fall away were never God's children to begin with.
His seed cannot commit sin.
Those who seemingly fall away were the children of the devil all along.
Thankfully, God has provided them an intercessor if they do really ever want to become God's children.
That would entail a real "turn from" sin.
False repentances are not the signature of God's children.
So you believe in Once saved always saved do you?

People who fall away from what?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Hill Top

Post by Hill Top » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:01 pm
So you believe in Once saved always saved do you?
In a sense...yes.
As our salvation won't be assured till the return of Christ, if you are saved then, you will always be saved.
God, faith, righteousness, repentance, holiness, belief, the body-church...
They fall away because the seed of God is not in them.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 am

Jesus states in the parable of the sower all we need to know about "the seed" It's the word of God.
DNA more rubbish.

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:43 am

I agree macca.

The seed is the Word.
macca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 am
Jesus states in the parable of the sower all we need to know about "the seed" It's the word of God.
DNA more rubbish.

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:58 am

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:44 pm
God, faith, righteousness, repentance, holiness, belief, the body-church...
They fall away because the seed of God is not in them.
So these people fall away, yet were never saved in the first place? That is like saying a man climbs a mountain and falls off, but never climbed the mountain in the first place. Falling from God would indicate you had to be in God before you could fall. How does one come from a place they were never at?

Even though God's word shows many were in God, your opinion is that is incorrect and they never were in the fist place. I knew a man many years ago that held the same view and I know quite a few others that hold a similar view. They never really grasped how it is possible to climb a mountain and fall off of it. They surmise a man cannot fall off a mountain as he was never there in the first place.

It is basically what is called once saved always saved doctrine. It has its roots in the very same lie that the serpent told Adam and Eve in Genesis chapter 3 when God told them the opposite in Genesis chapter 2. Eve knew the truth that God told because she repeated it to the serpent, yet she fell for the "ye shall not surely die" lie from the evil one.

It is much like the lie of, "if you are in God, you shall never fall", but the context in 1 Jn teaches contrary to that and in many other places in the new covenant. The old lie has continued through millennia and still being taught today and no doubt, will continue for a long time to come.

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 am

macca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:31 am
DNA more rubbish.
If one does not understand the parable of the sower, then they are apt to misunderstand much about God's word, especially how God's seed works.

Word up!