Dake Bible Discussion BoardHeaded to Church - where real Christians are found!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Headed to Church - where real Christians are found!

Post by bibleman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:05 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm
I am not trying to attack anyone.

Hundreds of people in my home Church and Grace Cathedral were messed up.

From past history i do not think that you believe it is possible for the Church or its leaders to mess up.

But they can and do sometimes.You sent me the info on GC once.And more is being said. :agrue:

Go to amazon and look up spiritual abuse etc.There are a lot of materials on this.
:agrue:
It is highly offensive to Christians when you make accusations against the Church that Jesus founded and continues to be the reason for being of the Church today.

So please don't blame the Church of Jesus Christ for the failures and sins of men. Just because men sin does not make Jesus' Church at fault.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 pm

I apologize.I should not have posted on this.

bibleman wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:05 pm
branham1965 wrote:

From past history i do not think that you believe it is possible for the Church or its leaders to mess up.

But they can and do sometimes.You sent me the info on GC once.And more is being said. :agrue:

Go to amazon and look up spiritual abuse etc.There are a lot of materials on this.
It is highly offensive to Christians when you make accusations against the Church that Jesus founded and continues to be the reason for being of the Church today.

So please don't blame the Church of Jesus Christ for the failures and sins of men. Just because men sin does not make Jesus' Church at fault.

TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:45 pm

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Men make up the Church of Jesus Christ. So don't you mean don't blame Jesus for the failures and sins of men. The Church has missed it and needed correction in many areas from the beginning with Paul's harsh correction to the Corinthian Church, his epistles, and then ending in Revelation with the 7 letters to the churches. And I believe there is personal application from those 7 churches for us today including leadership. I believe that is what branham and others are referring to.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:45 pm
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Men make up the Church of Jesus Christ. So don't you mean don't blame Jesus for the failures and sins of men. The Church has missed it and needed correction in many areas from the beginning with Paul's harsh correction to the Corinthian Church, his epistles, and then ending in Revelation with the 7 letters to the churches. And I believe there is personal application from those 7 churches for us today including leadership. I believe that is what branham and others are referring to.
I would say that Saints of God - Born again men make up the church of Jesus Christ. And yes of course don't blame Jesus for the sins of men.

I am overly protective of the church here on this board, in that there are a number of posters here who do not even attend a church. Often they throw stones at the church because of their past experiences and want to blame it on the Church of Jesus Christ. As a churchgoer since I was 5 years old - to me that is offensive.

So while I sometimes I stand alone in defense of the Church of Jesus Christ, I feel it is needed or some posters get carried away and bad mouth Jesus' church for everything in the book.

I do not want this to become a board where people are turned away from the Church that Jesus gave His life to build.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by TruthSeeker » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 pm

bibleman wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:12 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

I would say that Saints of God - Born again men make up the church of Jesus Christ. And yes of course don't blame Jesus for the sins of men.

I am overly protective of the church here on this board, in that there are a number of posters here who do not even attend a church. Often they throw stones at the church because of their past experiences and want to blame it on the Church of Jesus Christ. As a churchgoer since I was 5 years old - to me that is offensive.

So while I sometimes I stand alone in defense of the Church of Jesus Christ, I feel it is needed or some posters get carried away and bad mouth Jesus' church for everything in the book.

I do not want this to become a board where people are turned away from the Church that Jesus gave His life to build.
I understand

luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly

Post by luchnia » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm

bibleman wrote:

Yep, sometimes the broad brush is used and not good distinctions made. We know the Church, HIS body with no schism is made up of the saints should be upheld and lifted up. Something as simple as wording it differently can make all the difference.

No doubt that many men in positions of church leadership, congregations, and other positions have done things they should not have done and many have hurt many. It happens and in some cases is pure evil. We all know that.

I knew a lady once in a large local church that the "great" pastor was molesting her. I won't go into details about this. It was really bad and caused the lady great emotional issues. Evil men do evil things and really nothing new there.

If we simply remember the organized churches of the world have people in them and people can be problematic :shocked!:

Word up!

Hill Top
Teach All Nations to Observe All Things Whatsoever Jesus Hath Commanded

Post by Hill Top » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:14 pm
Yep, sometimes the broad brush is used and not good distinctions made. We know the Church, HIS body with no schism is made up of the saints should be upheld and lifted up. Something as simple as wording it differently can make all the difference.

No doubt that many men in positions of church leadership, congregations, and other positions have done things they should not have done and many have hurt many. It happens and in some cases is pure evil. We all know that.

I knew a lady once in a large local church that the "great" pastor was molesting her. I won't go into details about this. It was really bad and caused the lady great emotional issues. Evil men do evil things and really nothing new there.

If we simply remember the organized churches of the world have people in them and people can be problematic
These must be the "churches" that DON'T teach that men CAN live without sin.

luchnia
He Which Soweth Sparingly Shall Reap also Sparingly

Post by luchnia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:40 am

Hill Top wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:28 pm
These must be the "churches" that DON'T teach that men CAN live without sin.
I am not sure in your circles what is taught, but in the rural area that I live, I don't think I can name one church that teaches sinlessness in Christ Jesus.

It is amazing if you ask me. Most teach that men are incapable of being without sinning. After I attend any one of those I feel like I need to come home and bath to wash off the mounds of guilt and condemnation.

Word up!

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 am

bibleman wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

Great post Leon....a Pastor's heart is a good heart.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 am

This verse sums up all the contention of both sides of this thread.

1 John. 1:7;
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the Blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we follow this instruction of the Holy Spirit we are sinless while we are in the light as God is in the light....plus we have FELLOWSHIP with one another ..
In church people not outside church.