Dake Bible Discussion BoardHeaded to Church - where real Christians are found!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Headed to Church - where real Christians are found!

Post by bibleman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:59 pm
So there is no chance that in some cases the Church might be at fault??!!!

I know personally of hundreds & hundreds of instances of people being offended by wrong doing by Church leaders.

There are many books by credible authors that address this.
You personally know hundreds and hundreds of instances of people being offended by wrongdoing of churches!

Could you give an example?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 pm

To name a few. Nowhere is safe these days. Be careful if you have children and listen to them.

The Australian Catholic Church has released "grim" data revealing 7 per cent of priests, working between 1950 and 2009, have been accused of child sex crimes.
The worst-offending institutions, by proportion of their religious staff, have been shown to be the orders of brothers, who often run schools and homes for the most vulnerable of children.
This is the most substantial dataset released to date about the extent of child sex abuse within the Australian Catholic Church, and was done with cooperation from them as part of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
The church surveyed 10 religious institutes and 75 church authorities to uncover the abuse data on priests, non-ordained brothers and sisters, and other church personnel who were employed between 1950 and 2009.
4,444 alleged cases recorded.

Counsel Gail Furness, SC, said 4,444 alleged child sex abuse incidents were recorded in the survey.
Ninety per cent of the victims were boys, with their average age at time of abuse being 11-and-a-half years old.
Girls were only 10-and-a-half years old on average when they were abused.
7pc of Australian Catholic priests accused.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-06/ ... se/8243890
Last edited by Ironman on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Abused in Every Way in Worldwide Church of God
Within the "sanctuary" of God's "one true church" I was emotionally, spiritually, physically and sexually abused. "God's chosen ministers" did everything they could to protect my step father, and keep me quiet. After finally having the courage to leave WCG, I spent four years in weekly counseling. Only recently have I found the life I deserved all along.
Briefly, my mother entered the WCG when I was two years old. She'd met my step father and became a member to be able to marry him. It was a decision she soon came to regret. He became abusive to me and my siblings almost immediately. He was extremely controlling and emotionally abusive to my mother as well. I think the shock of her situation kept her from acting for many years. I went to "church" authority for help. I had three different ministers during my time in the WCG. I went to all three for help. I explained the sexual and physical abuse I was suffering. All three promised me confidentiality. All three went straight to my parents and told them everything I'd said, and each time I was severely beaten by my stepfather. None of the ministers checked back in with me. They all went to my parents to make sure the "situation had been corrected." As a child I assumed the "situation" was me. After all, I was the one being beaten and molested, even after following "God's advice" and seeking help. Maybe it was me.
I remember praying for what seemed like days at a time that God would make me a better child, so that my father wouldn't hurt me. I also remember sitting on my blanket in services the day I heard ministers talking about mental illnesses and how the "world" used diagnosis like multiple personalities and schizophrenia to explain demon possession. I panicked. I didn't know why then, but I panicked. I remember hearing that one of my friends was "exorcised" by our minister. He was later diagnosed with schizophrenia and properly treated, but his family was ashamed of his "demons" for years!
Rumors began spreading about my sexual abuse, even though I'd told no one, other than ministers. It seemed that while they were extremely concerned with keeping me quiet, they didn't mind the gossip. Again, I went to them for help and was told to "consider the source" and that the comments would die down. It has been 20 years and I am amazed at how many people still talk about my personal life as if it's common knowledge that I was being abused. Perhaps the most shocking of all is that while everyone talked about my abuse, not one single person did a damn thing to help me!! I still wonder where the rumors came from. Did ministers make loose comments?? Seem logical at this point.
I was baptized when I turned 19 and was still doing my best to be a good Christian. I was finally out of my father's home and beginning to have a life that I thought was my own. Then I found a group of friends outside of the WCG. It took all of 2 weeks before our minister was calling me to tell me that I was going to be suspended from any WCG functions or communicating with members (my entire extended family on both mother's and father's side were WCG members--I was being cut off from my family as well as the WCG) because he believed that I was having premarital sex with one of the friends in this group. I was never asked if I was having sex, I was simply told that I was suspended. When I explained that I was not sleeping with this friend and that he was just that, a friend, I was told that the minister believed me but the appropriate thing to do was to stop seeing these friends and rekindle my friendships within "God's church." So I did. I regret that to this day.
At the age of 21, I finally found the courage to stop attending services. You can't imagine the shock that hit my family. When my mother went to my minister for counsel, she was told that he wasn't surprised at all. I'd been the model church member. I was obedient, sang in the adult choir from the age of 13 forward, wanted to attend Ambassador College, never spoke a word of my abuse to anyone, counseled all the younger ones in Y.O.U. about being a good Christian and did everything I could to be a child that my father would no longer abuse and yet the minister was not surprised that I left??
I entered counseling shortly thereafter and was soon diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), or Multiple Personalities. I guess this stands as testament to the level of abuse and mind control I was under. I was terrified to tell my mother what I was now going through. What if she believed that I was demon possessed? I remembered the sermon from my childhood.
I did tell my mother and am happy to say that today I am a whole, happy person. I am, of course, no longer a member of the "church" and my mother has since left as well. The rumors of my abuse, although never confirmed by anyone in my family, are still the highlights of many, many WCG area gossip sessions! I have since moved away and am building a life of my own. But I look back at my childhood and at all the people that could have saved me and the lengths I had to go through to save myself and it makes me very, very sad. We were so mind-controlled to be obedient to "God's Ministers." I wish one person had had the courage to stand up for me. I would have saved my small person a lot of grief and heartache.
By Naomi - Child survivor of WCG
January 6, 2004
P.S. I've written this letter many times--to ministers, other WCG members and my family. I've never sent it, of course. I knew it would fall on deaf ears. I wrote it as part of my healing and counseling.
Recommended Book:
On The Threshold of Hope (Opening the Door to Healing For Survivors of Sexual Abuse) by Diane Mandt Langberg, Ph.D.

http://www.exitsupportnetwork.com/child ... abused.htm

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Baptist Church

The Silence About Childhood Sexual Abuse is Finally Breaking.
In a Baptist Church, the Pastor and Church leaders are often revered by members of the congregation, especially the young children. It is this enormous power combined with the influence that the Church has over the lives of its members that creates such a dangerous atmosphere for childhood sexual abuse in the Baptist faith.
Studies reveal that childhood sexual abuse is as prevalent in the Baptist Church as it is in the Roman Catholic Church. Yet this denomination often has no procedures for tracking abusive clergy who are transferred out of state, for removing accused abusers from ministry, or for informing congregants that their officials have been accused of violating children. Numerous Baptist clergy have been arrested and convicted for criminal sexual misconduct. The absence of a central agency for Baptist Churches to report known or suspected child molesters has resulted in preachers moving from one church to another without their new congregation ever learning about the history of sexual abuse.
For decades, victims of childhood sexual abuse in Baptist Churches have been silenced by shame, false instruction, and the bully tactics of the Church’s leaders. Most egregiously, abuse survivors have been taught that scripture requires them to forgive their perpetrator and not to make reports to law enforcement. These tactics serve to foster an environment of abuse and allows perpetrators to go unpunished. In a Baptist congregation, the Pastor and church leaders have enormous power and influence over the lives of the Church’s members, which can create a dangerous environment for children. In most Baptist churches, there is a deacon board or committee of church elders who decide whether to hire or retain the Pastor and Church staff. These deacons and elders are responsible for doing background checks and implementing appropriate protocols to protect children. When the Church deacons and elders are negligent in their duties and children are harmed, the Church can be liable.
Only recently, because of the courage of a handful of Baptist sexual abuse survivors who refused to be silenced by the Church’s tactics, is the true magnitude of child sexual abuse in the Baptist Church coming to light.

https://www.hermanlaw.com/practices/cle ... st-church/

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Sexual abuse and the Orthodox Jewish community
It has been a struggle for sexual abuse victims in the Orthodox Jewish community to find justice.
Though it hasn't received nearly the attention that the same issue has in the Catholic Church, a pattern of sexual abuse - and a lack of justice for the victims of that abuse - has been present in the Orthodox Jewish community for years. Enclaves of Orthodox congregants around the country, including sizable ones in Baltimore, New York and Miami, have long denied that such a problem even exists, with many people thinking that such allegations are rumors made up to discredit the church or individual leaders within it. The victims, however, are real, and they are numerous.
Because of the shroud of secrecy, the taboo nature of the topic, and the difficulty in getting victims to come forward, there is no hard data regarding the number of potential abuse victims in the Orthodox Jewish community. There could easily be thousands of victims with abuse dating back decades, though.
Why is abuse prevalent among the Orthodox faithful?
Sadly, sexual abuse among vulnerable children, teens and young adults is in no way limited to the Jewish community, but it is uniquely pervasive amongst Orthodox Jews for several reasons.
First, the insular nature of Jewish law and dogma, particularly the concept of mesirah, forbids reporting a Jewish practitioner to outside (i.e., secular) authorities. Instead, issues are supposed to be handled internally within the greater church community. Of course, the problem that often arises is that church, school or neighborhood leaders themselves are the ones perpetuating the abuse, so they are tasked with policing themselves. Some rabbinical courts have held that mesirah should not apply in cases where there is evidence of abuse, but the concept is entrenched in Orthodox culture and still practiced by many.
Second, is the issue of lashon hora, negative speech that harms another person. This type of speech is considered a sin amongst Orthodox congregants. This concept puts sexual abuse victims between a proverbial rock and a hard place; to tell the truth about their abuse means portraying someone else, their abuser, in a very negative light, something that their faith tells them is sinful. People wishing to downplay abuse could use the concept of lashon hora as a way to get the victim to recant.
Another Orthodox tenet that makes it difficult to end abuse within the community is that of chillul hashem, or desecrating God. Many people see rabbis and other community leaders as the physical embodiment of God's teachings here on Earth. To accuse a rabbi of such heinous acts, it is sometimes argued, is akin to an indictment of the faith itself.
Though sexual abuse of the young and vulnerable is by no means unique to the Orthodox Jewish community, victims of this group often feel alone and cast out if they come forward. It is important to note, however, that sexual abuse is never acceptable, regardless of the religion, authority or title of the person perpetrating it. Even if the statute of limitations for criminal justice has passed, it might still be possible to hold an abuser accountable through the civil court system.

https://www.victimscivilattorneys.com/N ... nity.shtml

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 am

The Church in my home town and the Church in Akron.

Also the Uniontown Church split.

So there were hundreds of people who greatly affected by these.

bibleman wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:

I know personally of hundreds & hundreds of instances of people being offended by wrong doing by Church leaders.

You personally know hundreds and hundreds of instances of people being offended by wrongdoing of churches!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:25 am

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

What did the Church do that was wrong?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm

I sent you a pm Pastor Bible.

bibleman wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am
branham1965 wrote:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:37 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 pm
I sent you a pm Pastor Bible.

bibleman wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:48 am
branham1965 wrote:

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

I'll take a look at the PM...

BUT you have attacked the church by saying that you personally know "hundreds & hundreds of instances of people being offended by wrong doing by Church leaders."

Since you have made that attack of the church openly then why not state openly how you come to that conclusion.

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:52 pm

I am not trying to attack anyone.

Hundreds of people in my home Church and Grace Cathedral were messed up.

From past history i do not think that you believe it is possible for the Church or its leaders to mess up.

But they can and do sometimes.You sent me the info on GC once.And more is being said. :agrue:

Go to amazon and look up spiritual abuse etc.There are a lot of materials on this.
:agrue: