Dake Bible Discussion BoardPolitics And Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Re: Politics And Christians

Post by luchnia » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:39 pm

Ironman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm
luchnia wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm
Ironman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:14 pm
Why nit-pick every Scripture and command of God? I will obey God to the best of my ability, you do as you like.
This is a simple answer. Because Jesus taught us to. I will obey God to the best of my ability, you can do as you like.
I'm sure God does not want any of His children to be nit-picking, fussy, pendantic, fault-finders over tiny or unimportant details.There's nothing wrong with focusing on the details, but someone who is pedantic makes a big display, as you and Hill-Top often do, of knowing obscure facts and details.
I fully agree. In my opinion, things that are unimportant are not a good use of time.

Word up!

Grandfather
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by Grandfather » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm

Politics and Christians -- I believe this one of the many "disputable" points with the Christian faith. Neither side of this discussion can point to a clearly stated scripture that tells believers not to vote. I'm not even sure "voting" was a thing when the Bible was written. Yes, each side can make implications, they can read into scripture something, but the implied is always to be interpreted in light of the explicit. There are examples throughout scripture of people that support heathen rulers. Paul even tells us that all authority is given by God and we are to respect and honor that authority. (that doesn't mean that all authority is used in a godly way.) Yes, there is scripture that teaches us to "be ye separate" and to come out from among them. Then other scriptures tell us to work for the welfare of our community wherever we are.

For this, I will heed the scriptures found in Romans 14... and allow each to their own course of action. Neither is sinful in and of itself.

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:20 am

Ironman wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm
I'm sure God does not want any of His children to be nit-picking, fussy, pendantic, fault-finders over tiny or unimportant details.There's nothing wrong with focusing on the details, but someone who is pedantic makes a big display, as you and Hill-Top often do, of knowing obscure facts and details.
Here's a pedantic, obscure fact for you...We CAN love God above all else and our neighbors as ourselves.
It isn't impossible, though many teach otherwise.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 am

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 pm
Politics and Christians -- I believe this one of the many "disputable" points with the Christian faith. Neither side of this discussion can point to a clearly stated scripture that tells believers not to vote. I'm not even sure "voting" was a thing when the Bible was written. Yes, each side can make implications, they can read into scripture something, but the implied is always to be interpreted in light of the explicit. There are examples throughout scripture of people that support heathen rulers. Paul even tells us that all authority is given by God and we are to respect and honor that authority. (that doesn't mean that all authority is used in a godly way.) Yes, there is scripture that teaches us to "be ye separate" and to come out from among them. Then other scriptures tell us to work for the welfare of our community wherever we are.

For this, I will heed the scriptures found in Romans 14... and allow each to their own course of action. Neither is sinful in and of itself.
Good thoughts to follow. There is always so much in God's word that can be attained if one peruses it carefully. Voting is like paying taxes. The scripture indirectly has much to say about these things. Often you hear people say Christians are commanded to pay taxes, but that is incorrect.

The saints of the kingdom are exempt as Jesus stated, however what He did say in a nutshell was as to not offend pay them... This is important, of course everything He said is important. What would the offense of not paying taxes bring about during that time that He made the statement?

I would not have wanted to be there during those days (I think living was tougher than we have it now), but can you imagine having recordings of the conversations that went on during those times when Jesus dealt with all these things?

Word up!

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 pm

macca wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am
How do you all respond to this statement?

Any one that votes or supports the Democratic party is an enemy of God.

:2gunfire:

Nothing will convince me otherwise.
The Democratic party is anti-Christ.
:evilbat: :-|

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 pm

macca wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 pm
macca wrote:

And, sadly, the Republicans aren't much better, if they are better at all.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:25 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:42 pm
macca wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:35 pm
macca wrote:

And, sadly, the Republicans aren't much better, if they are better at all.
In my opinion based on some facts from knowing some folks heavily involved in government and politics, reps, dems, and most of government is a cesspool. There are things that are done that we are never made aware of. Some things boil to the surface and some stay buried.

In days of old before the Internet became a way of getting quick info, there was much veiled darkness in government. I think the level of integrity and honesty is close to nil and only exist with a small select few that really desire to make a difference.

We like to hold out hope, but the writing is on the wall for man's government. We really should not be surprised at anything that happens.

Word up!

Grandfather
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Post by Grandfather » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:56 am

Power corrupts. One of the reformers wrote that while Peter was poor, the Pope lavished in riches. While Peter was not worthy to wash the feet of Jesus, the Pope wanted people to bow and kiss his. You can say what you will about the RC church, but for years it was not this way, but power corrupts.

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Post by macca » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 am

It looks like the Social Democrats just tried to kill off your President and put the Speaker in his place.
And Christians sit back and wait for Satan to destroy their country... :evilbat:
I cannot understand why people are so stupid. :-|

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 am

macca wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:32 am
It looks like the Social Democrats just tried to kill off your President and put the Speaker in his place.
And Christians sit back and wait for Satan to destroy their country... :evilbat:
I cannot understand why people are so stupid. :-|
I think this is part of the answer!

1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

1 John 4:1 1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note