Dake Bible Discussion BoardPolitics And Christians

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Politics And Christians

Post by macca » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am

How do you all respond to this statement?

Any one that votes or supports the Democratic party is an enemy of God.

:2gunfire:

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Re: Politics And Cristians ?

Post by luchnia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 am

macca wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am

To me that is hilarious and silly!

That is like saying someone that doesn't like wheat bread, or drives a Ford is of satan. Wait, I am not a big fan of wheat bread and I drive GM products. Ok, on one hand I am safe, but I may need to consider wheat bread more often. :shocked!:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:29 am

macca wrote:

I don't see how one of God's friends could support the Democratic party.

Acts 10:42-43 King James Version
"And He commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is He which was ordained of God to be the Judge of Quick and Dead. To Him give all the Prophets witness, that through His Name WHOSEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM SHALL RECEIVE REMISSION OF SINS."

TruthSeeker
Wrestle Not Against Flesh and Blood

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:13 am

luchnia wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:39 am
macca wrote:

That is like saying someone that doesn't like wheat bread, or drives a Ford is of satan. Wait, I am not a big fan of wheat bread and I drive GM products. Ok, on one hand I am safe, but I may need to consider wheat bread more often. :shocked!:
Your comparison is hilarious and silly but also scarry. Have you read or heard the democratic platform? Abortion on demand, pushing the lgbt agenda to name a few. Anyone who would align with that agenda is not of God. It is time for christians to wake up and earnestly contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.

Hill Top
Behold, I Give You Power to Tread Over All the Power of the Enemy

Post by Hill Top » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:34 pm

macca wrote:

The results of every election are preordained by God.
Voting for either party indicates you think you have some power over the situation.

It is written..."Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matt 6:34)

Trust God, and pray for whatever "leader" may be in charge.

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:32 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:34 pm
macca wrote:

The results of every election are preordained by God.
Voting for either party indicates you think you have some power over the situation.

It is written..."Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." (Matt 6:34)

Trust God, and pray for whatever "leader" may be in charge.
That's twisted thinking that arises from a misunderstanding of the so called "sovereignty" of God and lack of revelation of the authority of the believer and his responsibility in using it. God is not into putting leaders into office that promotes injustice, immorality, and killing of innocent lives. God allows what we allow.

luchnia
God is Able to Make All Grace Abound Toward You; that Ye May Always Have All Sufficiency in All Things

Post by luchnia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:29 am
macca wrote:

I don't see how one of God's friends could support the Democratic party.
Any party for that matter.

Word up!

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Ironman » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:12 pm

The Australian Democrats is an Australian political party in existence since 1977. It was Australia's largest minor party from its formation in 1977 through to 2004 and frequently held the balance of power in the Senate during that time. It was formally deregistered in 2016 for not having sufficient members.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:21 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:13 am
luchnia wrote:
macca wrote:

Your comparison is hilarious and silly but also scarry. Have you read or heard the democratic platform? Abortion on demand, pushing the lgbt agenda to name a few. Anyone who would align with that agenda is not of God. It is time for christians to wake up and earnestly contend for the faith once delivered unto the saints.
What about the republicans and independents? So they are of God, but the democrats are not? Most interesting.

I certainly agree with contending for the faith once delivered to the saints!

Word up!

TruthSeeker

Post by TruthSeeker » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:56 pm

luchnia wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:21 pm
TruthSeeker wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:13 am
luchnia wrote:
macca wrote:

What about the republicans and independents? So they are of God, but the democrats are not? Most interesting.

I certainly agree with contending for the faith once delivered to the saints!
It has to do with platform. Do you know one democrat in state or federal office that is 100% pro-life or believes marriage should only be between a man and woman? Republicans I know many. Look at the platforms of democrats vs. republicans ...much different. Plus more important than white and wheat bread.