Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Divine Trinity

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Divine Trinity

Post by branham1965 »

Do you believe in the DIVINE TRINITY??

I went to an Apostolic Church here.

They teach that there is no Trinity but One God manifested as Father,Son and Holy Ghost.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Re: The Divine Trinity

Post by Grandfather »

branham1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm

They teach that there is no Trinity but One God manifested as Father,Son and Holy Ghost.
You will need to clarify this a little. The idea that there is One God manifest in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is a pretty orthodox teaching on the trinity.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Oneness or Jesus Only Believers do not say there are 3 Beings in One God.But One Being

manifested as Father ,Son,and the Holy Ghost.
Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 pm
branham1965 wrote:

You will need to clarify this a little. The idea that there is One God manifest in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is a pretty orthodox teaching on the trinity.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:18 pm
branham1965 wrote:

Yep, a number of different views on this. Scripture does not state how many, it only records three very distinct individuals. In the early writings we see plurality which could mean three or hundreds, but again, we only have three recorded in scripture.

I find it interesting that there is nothing recorded from Jesus, nor others much that goes into any great detail on the number in the Godhead. I wonder if it is vague for a reason that we will one day learn?

Word up!

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so7 that they are without excuse:

Coll.2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 John 5: 7, For there are THREE that bare record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: and these three are one.

They can only be "one" in unity in all things, not one bodily.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Hey Haz.

All my life that was a mystery to me. My friend Teddy got swallowed up by the JDub's.

But when i read Reverend Dake on it it made sense.

He was afraid to touch the Dake Bible. He said he was afraid of it. :agrue:

quote=Ironman post_id=96169 time=1537735997 user_id=5398]
Acts 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Rom. 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so7 that they are without excuse:

Coll.2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1 John 5: 7, For there are THREE that bare record in heaven, THE FATHER, THE WORD, AND THE HOLY GHOST: and these three are one.

They can only be "one" in unity in all things, not one bodily.
[/quote]