Dake Bible Discussion BoardDO YOU believe the NICENE CREED

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: DO YOU believe the NICENE CREED

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:55 pm
Forget all that Roman Catholic blabber.
The Holy Word of God tells us what to believe.

Romans 10, verse 9, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
When I contemplate how God has brought us His simple truth by The Spirit as we see in Romans 10:9, it makes me wonder what He thinks about man's creeds and what man adds or removes from His word that was already settled from the beginning? What price will man pay for this? The temptation of Jesus by the devil's twisting of God's word comes to mind.

Man takes the simplest of things God has said and adds layer after layer of complexity by adding or removing to the meaning and twisting it into erroneous doctrines that cannot be unraveled from men's wisdom. Men would do well to "clean the slate" of their heart and start afresh with the wisdom from above instead of continuing down a road of likely destruction. I hope God's mercy will prevail to help us in such cases, or we are doomed.

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Spot on Luchnia.

One of the reasons for people changing their beliefs from what is found in God's word is, they do not see the practical evidence of say the book of Acts happening around them today, so they discount healing, miracles, speaking in other tongues etc etc, instead of just believing the bible they believe what they see, feel and experience in the flesh.

patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Post by patrissimo »

macca wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am
Spot on Luchnia.

One of the reasons for people changing their beliefs from what is found in God's word is, they do not see the practical evidence of say the book of Acts happening around them today, so they discount healing, miracles, speaking in other tongues etc etc, instead of just believing the bible they believe what they see, feel and experience in the flesh.
I see modern Pentecostalism as an over correction to the Protestant tendency to deny these things (cessationism). Cessationism actually came from Reformation era Protestants not being able to point to miracles in confirmation of their mission. Catholics such as St. Francis DeSales argued that the "Reformers" lacked mission and the four marks of the Church as stated in the creed. One of the four marks is holiness and one of the evidences of this is such signs and wonders. Since the Protestants could not produce such evidence, they invented the cessationist excuse.

Lord have mercy