Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnto what then were ye baptized

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:56 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm
Killing an unborn child is murder.

Gen 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

The death penalty is God ordained, :angel:
Amen, Haz! Image


1 Timothy 4:9-11 King James Version
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach.

User avatar
luchnia
The Lord Shares the Secrets of His Covenant with Those Who Fear Him
Posts: 1675
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by luchnia » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm
On the flip-side, I would suggest mourning for the loss of those that would serve God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength that would have made this world a better place and advanced His Kingdom in this world while we await His return. Who knows what blessings have been lost because of unjust killing of such children and their likely posterity?
What a humbling and sobering thought to ponder.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:03 pm

luchnia wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:57 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm
On the flip-side, I would suggest mourning for the loss of those that would serve God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength that would have made this world a better place and advanced His Kingdom in this world while we await His return. Who knows what blessings have been lost because of unjust killing of such children and their likely posterity?
What a humbling and sobering thought to ponder.
Very humbling, indeed. And, even more reason that such unjust killing ought to be punished by the death penalty.


1 Timothy 4:9-11 King James Version
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach.

Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm
Not at all.

The death penalty is ordained by God as a just and fitting penalty for the government to administer when a suitable crime is committed.

Nothing double-minded about it, at all. And, I'm somewhat surprised that you'd even suggest such. Surely you are aware that God prescribes the death penalty for capital crimes?
You have applied OT law to NT times.
God has supplied the police and other law enforcement establishments for our protection, but it is they who enacted the penalties for offenses against us.
Christians shouldn't be agreeing with their usurping the gift of life



Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:52 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm
Well, we certainly disagree on the nature versus nurture point.
I guess we do.
You may not have noticed, but my position is not built on Psalm 58, alone.
I don't remember you using any other scrips' to make your point.
What do you believe is the correct interpretation of Psalm 58?
It is pretty self-explanatory...
David is fed up with the wicked and calls for God's judgement on such.
He then reassures the righteous of a just outcome for those who love God above all else.
OT ire for those Jesus now tells us to pray for.



Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:55 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 pm
God is the judge in such matters.

If you don't support the death penalty for those who perform abortions and those that procure them, then in my view, you definitely tolerate abortions. You may not see it that way, but that's how I see it.
God is the judge, but He is the one who will declare their punishment too.
Not us.



Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:57 pm

Ironman wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm
Killing an unborn child is murder.
Gen 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.
The death penalty is God ordained,
I'm not living under OT law.

Stoned any witches lately?



Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm
I disagree. Coveting is an act of the will.
I suppose we could say that covetousness is a sin that may lead to other sin.
Last edited by Hill Top on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Hill Top
The Chosen Fast of God is To Hide Not Thyself from Thine Own Flesh
Posts: 1196
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Hill Top » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:08 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:55 pm
Here's one:
Ephesians 2:1-3 King James Version
And you hath He quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were BY NATURE THE CHILDREN OF WRATH, even as others.
I don't see how this proves that "sin is the spirit and nature of the devil".
Sinfulness, perhaps, but not sin.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 5160
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unto what then were ye baptized

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Hill Top wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:41 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 pm
Not at all.

The death penalty is ordained by God as a just and fitting penalty for the government to administer when a suitable crime is committed.

Nothing double-minded about it, at all. And, I'm somewhat surprised that you'd even suggest such. Surely you are aware that God prescribes the death penalty for capital crimes?
You have applied OT law to NT times.
God has supplied the police and other law enforcement establishments for our protection, but it is they who enacted the penalties for offenses against us.
Christians shouldn't be agreeing with their usurping the gift of life
Personally, I believe the principles of right and wrong provided in the Old Testament hold true, today, unless they are countermanded or altered in the New Testament. I believe Romans 1 still teaches that there are sins worthy of death. And, Jude and Peter make it plain that God still feels the same way that He did in the Old Testament concerning sins committed since Christ's resurrection.

If the laws of the land were godly, the law of the land would be death for such crimes.

Christians should not disagree with God.


1 Timothy 4:9-11 King James Version
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach.

Post Reply