Dake Bible Discussion BoardSpurgeon on Whether or Not Repentance is Real?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Spurgeon on Whether or Not Repentance is Real?

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm

luchnia wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:37 am
branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 pm

"Obey them that have the RULE over you,and SUBMIT yourselves:for they WATCH for your souls...Hebrews13:17.

Great text. What type of RULE are you to submit to? How much leaven is acceptable? Would you say those that are submitted to Anderson stay put and fully SUBMIT to him as RULER and as the WATCHER of their souls?

I would say many of those that are submitted to Anderson do stay and are fully submitted to him as the ruler and watcher of their souls. Others, not so much.

I agree with Billy that the rule that you should submit to should be good and godly. I disagree with Billy concerning his assessment of Anderson's goodness or godliness.

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:38 pm
I said a godly Pastor who is a good man.

Anderson does not qualify on either point.

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST
"That the Gentiles should be FELLOWHEIRS, of the same body, and PARTAKERS of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph. 3:6); "For we are made PARTAKERS OF CHRIST, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end" (Heb. 3:14).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:11 pm

ROGER :agrue:

KIMBO loved you....

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:20 pm

I am out of line getting on Pastor Anderson or anyone else for that matter.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

"Obey them that have the RULE over you,and SUBMIT yourselves:for they WATCH for your souls...Hebrews13:17.

Great text. What type of RULE are you to submit to? How much leaven is acceptable? Would you say those that are submitted to Anderson stay put and fully SUBMIT to him as RULER and as the WATCHER of their souls?

I would say many of those that are submitted to Anderson do stay and are fully submitted to him as the ruler and watcher of their souls. Others, not so much.

I agree with Billy that the rule that you should submit to should be good and godly. I disagree with Billy concerning his assessment of Anderson's goodness or godliness.

branham1965 wrote:

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

branham1965 wrote:

branham1965 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:20 pm
I am out of line getting on Pastor Anderson or anyone else for that matter.

I am in no way saying that Pastor Anderson is perfect. He's not and I have significant disagreements with him. However, I do believe he is sincere and doing the best he knows how.

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST
"That the Gentiles should be FELLOWHEIRS, of the same body, and PARTAKERS of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph. 3:6); "For we are made PARTAKERS OF CHRIST, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end" (Heb. 3:14).

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:45 pm

I agree with you.

luchnia
The Chastisement of Our Peace Was Upon Christ

Post by luchnia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 am

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:35 pm
I am in no way saying that Pastor Anderson is perfect. He's not and I have significant disagreements with him. However, I do believe he is sincere and doing the best he knows how.
In my observation, Anderson is a "fruitcake." However, like you I believe he is sincere and doing the best he knows how and I would even state that in these days and times he is probably way more studied and sincere than many standing behind the pulpit.

He certainly gives us some great topic material for a discussion board :mrgreen:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am

luchnia wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 am
In my observation, Anderson is a "fruitcake." However, like you I believe he is sincere and doing the best he knows how and I would even state that in these days and times he is probably way more studied and sincere than many standing behind the pulpit.

He certainly gives us some great topic material for a discussion board :mrgreen:
I wish more Pentecostals and Charismatics would study and memorize scripture with the fervor that he demonstrates.

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST

luchnia
The Chastisement of Our Peace Was Upon Christ

Post by luchnia » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:27 pm

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:07 am
luchnia wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:25 am

I wish more Pentecostals and Charismatics would study and memorize scripture with the fervor that he demonstrates.
He definitely has zeal and passion!

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:47 pm

He is a interesting character . :scatter:

Then again so was Dr.Peter S.Ruckman.