Dake Bible Discussion Board3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars - posted on facebook DBD

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.

With this in mind, regarding the age of the Earth which of the TWO is closer to being right?

Young Earth - Around 6,000 years old.
No votes
Old Earth - Much more than 6,000 years old for sure could be millions or even billions - Only God knows.
100%

Total votes: 4

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: 3-billion-year-old organic matter on Mars - posted on facebook DBD

Post by Ironman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 pm
Psalm 8:5-6 says that man rules over other planets, not angels.
Angels ruled them before man was created as did Lucifer.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 pm

What about Pre-Adamite Man?

Given that men of the Adamite World have dominion over the stars and such, isn't it reasonable to conclude that Pre-Adamite Men were also given similar dominion over the stars and such?

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST
"That the Gentiles should be FELLOWHEIRS, of the same body, and PARTAKERS of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph. 3:6); "For we are made PARTAKERS OF CHRIST, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end" (Heb. 3:14).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:43 am

I am wondering how man had dominion over the stars??

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Given that men of the Adamite World have dominion over the stars and such, isn't it reasonable to conclude that Pre-Adamite Men were also given similar dominion over the stars and such?

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:29 am

It is an awesome thought to think that man has dominion over the stars. I love the story of Joshua commanding the sun to stand still.

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST
"That the Gentiles should be FELLOWHEIRS, of the same body, and PARTAKERS of his promise in Christ by the gospel" (Eph. 3:6); "For we are made PARTAKERS OF CHRIST, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end" (Heb. 3:14).

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:18 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:43 am
I am wondering how man had dominion over the stars??

Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi Billy,

Had Adam not sinned there would have been no death and man would have eventually had to move out into the universe as the population outgrew earths capacity to sustain it. I believe this will be the case in the new heavens and the new earth.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:01 pm

If a person lived long enough to do this, and picked up one grain of sand on the east coast of America, then walked across America and dropped it on a beach on the west coast, and then walked back to the east coast, and picked up another grain and walked back west and dropped it on a beach, and continued until all the grains of sand on the east coast were on the west coast, then proceeded to do the same only from the west to the east, that probably would only represent a tiny split second of eternal time.

God has been around for eternity, He is a creator and has been creating for all eternity past. God the Father, the Word who became flesh both work and have been working throughout eternity, not sitting around on clouds playing Jews harps then one moment in time decide to do something; John 5:17, But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

God created the Heaven, first, for the angels, then the earth for man. How long the have been in existence before Lucifer and one third of God's innumerable angels rebelled is not mentioned in Scripture but we can assume it was a very, very, long time ago. Not only was the Earth destroyed, but also many localised stars and planets. Only have to look at the moon full of creators all over it.
Z 160..jpg
Z 160..jpg (42.96 KiB) Viewed 43 times

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Did you know?
That the Earth is more than 6,000 years old and that there were inhabitants on this Earth before Adam?

This is true. There have already been 6,172 years from Adam to 1948, as we shall see in our future lessons. Not only this, but the Bible teaches that there was a social system on the Earth that was destroyed by a great flood long before Adam. This flood is pictured in Gen. 1:2 as covering the Earth, before the six days in which Adam was created. It is also mentioned in Ps. 104:5-9. Peter speaks of it as “the world [Greek, kosmos, “social order”] that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: but the heavens and the earth, which are now [since the six days of restoration], by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire” to be purified, resulting in “a new heavens and a new earth” (2 Pet. 3:4-13).

The cause of the first flood before Adam was the fall of Lucifer and the rebellion against God of one-third of His own angels, along with the people who lived on the Earth over whom Satan ruled. That Satan ruled the Earth and led an invasion into Heaven to cast God out, is clear from Isa. 14:12-14; Ezek. 28:11-17; Lk. 10:18; 1 Tim. 3:6. The devil was defeated and the Earth was then cursed and placed under water as in Gen. 1:2; Ps. 104:5-9; 2 Pet. 3:5-7. All life was totally destroyed, including birds, men, vegetation, and all cities were destroyed in which the pre–Adamites lived (Jer. 4:23-26). In the restoration of the Earth in six days, as in Gen. 1:3–2:25, God told Adam to “replenish” the Earth. Adam and Eve were the first inhabitants of this present creation.

Finis J. Dake, God’s Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 1949), 33.
https://www.dakebibleboard.com/godsplan ... fore-adam/

PARTAKERS OF CHRIST

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Yes, I did.