Dake Bible Discussion BoardStephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm

branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
No problem...

BUT if a professed atheist who says there is no God still goes to Heaven then what good is salvation?


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2840
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm

bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
No problem...

BUT if a professed atheist who says there is no God still goes to Heaven then what good is salvation?
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm

Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
No problem...

BUT if a professed atheist who says there is no God still goes to Heaven then what good is salvation?
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?
Of course he would!

But we have not one sherd of evidence to believe that do we?

Meanwhile we do have Jesus’s words: “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Mat 7:20


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4271
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm

bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?
Of course he would!

But we have not one sherd of evidence to believe that do we?
No, we do not.


SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
Hebrews 13:10 King James Version
We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?
Of course he would!

But we have not one sherd of evidence to believe that do we?
No, we do not.
Right Roger,

AND to the contrary Hawking said this:
For a time, it was thought that astrophysicist Stephen Hawking had also left a tiny gap in his credo window for a magical deity. However, he has now come out and declared that there is no God.

He gave an interview to Spain's El Mundo in which he expressed his firm belief that el mundo was the work of scientifically explainable phenomena, not of a supreme being.

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."

I'm not sure whether there was a specific moment in which science overtook the deistic explanation of existence. However, El Mundo pressed him on the suggestion in "A Brief History of Time" that a unifying theory of science would help mankind "know the mind of God."

Hawking now explained: "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist." https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawki ... is-no-god/
I was reading the Scripture today and saw this concerning Peter speaking of Jesus:

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

So while I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked... By Hawking's own admission he did NOT believe in "that prophet" and according to Peter he "shall be destroyed."


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2840
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm

bibleman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:14 pm
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?
Of course he would!

But we have not one sherd of evidence to believe that do we?
No, we do not.
Right Roger,

AND to the contrary Hawking said this:
For a time, it was thought that astrophysicist Stephen Hawking had also left a tiny gap in his credo window for a magical deity. However, he has now come out and declared that there is no God.

He gave an interview to Spain's El Mundo in which he expressed his firm belief that el mundo was the work of scientifically explainable phenomena, not of a supreme being.

Hawking said: "Before we understand science, it is natural to believe that God created the universe. But now science offers a more convincing explanation."

I'm not sure whether there was a specific moment in which science overtook the deistic explanation of existence. However, El Mundo pressed him on the suggestion in "A Brief History of Time" that a unifying theory of science would help mankind "know the mind of God."

Hawking now explained: "What I meant by 'we would know the mind of God' is, we would know everything that God would know, if there were a God. Which there isn't. I'm an atheist." https://www.cnet.com/news/stephen-hawki ... is-no-god/
I was reading the Scripture today and saw this concerning Peter speaking of Jesus:

Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

So while I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked... By Hawking's own admission he did NOT believe in "that prophet" and according to Peter he "shall be destroyed."
Ok, thank you! He did have a long life considering his illness. God gave him plenty of time to repent didn't He.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2833
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by bibleman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Ironman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm
Ok, thank you! He did have a long life considering his illness. God gave him plenty of time to repent didn't He.
Yes he sure lived a long time after they told him he would be dead in his early 20's.

What a shame and how tragic. In fact as a human he was blessed with a wonderful brain... How sad that with all of his learning he never learned of God.

He was deceived by the Devil for sure.

Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2840
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:14 pm

bibleman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:44 pm
Ironman wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:18 pm
Ok, thank you! He did have a long life considering his illness. God gave him plenty of time to repent didn't He.
Yes he sure lived a long time after they told him he would be dead in his early 20's.

What a shame and how tragic. In fact as a human he was blessed with a wonderful brain... How sad that with all of his learning he never learned of God.

He was deceived by the Devil for sure.

Proverbs 4:19 The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble.
As cleaver as he allegedly was, he was a fool according to the Word of God.

Psalm 51:The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity: there is none that doeth good.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5905
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by branham1965 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:19 pm

THERE ARE CERTAINLY IN HISTORY MULTITUDES OF OCCASIONS OF PEOPLE WHO WERE UNBELIEVERS WHO CAME IN AT THE 11TH HOUR AS OUR LORDS PARABLE IN MATTHEW 20:1-16 SHOWS AND THE PENITENT MALEFACTOR ON THE CROSS NEXT TO JESUS LUKE 24:39-43.

THERE ARE MANY WHO HAVE DONE THIS.THAT IS WHY IT IS IN THE BIBLE.

THE REASON THAT SOME DO NOT BELIEVE

IN SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH NOT OF WORKS.

SEE TITUS 3:5-6; AND EPHESIANS 2:8-9.



HOW IS A PERSON WHO IS CONVERTED ON A BATTLEFIELD WHO IS DYING GOING TO SHOW HIS FRUITS???????


bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm
Ironman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:31 pm
bibleman wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:56 pm
branham1965 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:10 pm
I am not getting on you gentlemen Bibleman and Ironman about this.

Please know that.

This is merely my viewpoint.
No problem...

BUT if a professed atheist who says there is no God still goes to Heaven then what good is salvation?
Just asking, Do you believe that if a professed atheist who says there is no God, repents before he dies he would not go to Heaven?
Of course he would!

But we have not one sherd of evidence to believe that do we?

Meanwhile we do have Jesus’s words: “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” Mat 7:20
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2840
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Stephen Hawkins has died aged 76.

Post by Ironman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:01 pm

That's what I thought billy, I'm reminded of the repentant thief. He was a thief, a thief comes for to steal and to kill, and to destroy, (John 10:10) which he probably did most of his life until caught.

He never even asked Jesus to forgive him, all he said was, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom (John 23:42). Jesus replied, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (John 23:43).

What about the woman caught in the very act of adultery. Her accuses said she must be stoned to death. Jesus said, let him who is without sin cast the first stone. The accusers walked away. The woman never actually asked Jesus to forgive her. Jesus simply asked, woman where are thine accusers, she said there are none Lord. Jesus said, neither do I condemn thee, go and sin no more.
(John 8:5-11). Jesus never said, repent and be baptised, he simply said, I do not condemn you, go and sin no more.

So, Who are we to judge anyone????
Last edited by Ironman on Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Post Reply