Dake Bible Discussion BoardMartin Luther

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Martin Luther

Post by Ironman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:15 pm

The RCC is the embodiment of the religion started by Nimrod, Mystery Babylon.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 pm

scottae316 wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
luchnia wrote:If there were darkness that was not in His body. I maintain the Body of Christ has never, nor will ever need to be reformed in any way and it will play out exactly as God gave us in His word.
Amen!

Therefore, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
I don’t remember anyone saying the RCC was the only true church. The “Church” is not a building or a group of buildings. It is not one local group or a larger multinational or multi state gathering. So how do you define the “Church”, what is it? Until this is understood and defined this discussion is pointless, IMO.
Interesting perspective.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 pm

Ironman wrote:The RCC is the embodiment of the religion started by Nimrod, Mystery Babylon.
Is it???

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print ... n-paganism

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:35 pm

I remember seeing a set of books by Gordon Lindsay entitled "Men Who Changed The World" .

Martin Luther was one of the titles.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:51 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:The RCC is the embodiment of the religion started by Nimrod, Mystery Babylon.
Is it???

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print ... n-paganism
Yes, it is;

The city Babylon was built by Nimrod, the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his Queen, Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission to this cult, one was compelled to drink of "mysterious beverages," which says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indespensible on the part of those who saught initation into these mysteries. The "mysterious beverages' were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and untill the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear. The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This has been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret of the power of the priests over the lives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted, men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrians, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontif or High Priest whos word was final in all things in thelives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived. The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female or Queen of Heaven, and her Son. The last two were only objects of worship, as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affaires (Nimrod 111, Page 239). This system is believed to have come from fallen angels and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogmas. Much more can be said but to simplify things, Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was elected to the office of Supreme Pontif. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made suchin 366 A. D. through influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So, in 378 A. D., the Babylonian system of religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became Babylonish, and under him, the heathen temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus, the corrupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, is called by God "MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT."

The first practice that grew up after this union was the introduction of the worship of the saints, especially of the virgin Mary. Thousands of pagans entered the church in those days who were accustomed to worshiping the gods of towns and places, who were not thoroughly Christianized. The veneration of saints and holy men became a worship. Saints were considered lesser dieties, whos intercession availed with God. Places connected with the lives of holy men were considered sacred and pilgrimages were started. Relics or bones of saints were believed to have miraculous power. The worship of the virgin Mary was set up in 381 A. D., three years after Damasus became bead of the Babylonian Cult.

Just as the Babylonian cult worshiped the "Queen of Heaven and her Son" and did not worship the Supreme Father because he simply did not interfere with mortal affairs, so the Roman Chrurch has a similar worship in that they worship Mary as the mother of God and her Son. The image of mother and child was an object of worship in Babylon long before Christ was born. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth. The original mother was Semiramis, the beautiful queen of Nimrod, who was a paragon of unbridled lust and licentiousness.

In the "mysteries," which she had the chief part in forming, she was worshiped as Rhea (Chronicon Paschal, Volume 1, Page 65), the great "Mother of the God's" with such atrocious rites as identified her with Venus, the mother of all impurity. She raised Babylon, where she reigned to eminence among the nations as the great seat idolatry and consecrated prostetution (Hesiod, Theogonia, Volume 36, Page 435). The apocalyptic emblem of the harlot with cup in hand was one of idolatry derived from ancient Babylon, as they were exhibited in Greece, for thus the Greek Venus was originally represented (Herodotus, Historia, Book 1, cap. 199, Page 92).

Ironicilly the Roman Church has taken this as her emblem. In 1825 a medal was struck bearing the image of Pope Leo X11 on one side and on the other side Rome symbolized by a woman with a cross in her left hand and a cup in her right hand and a legend around her "Sedet Super Universum"; that is, "The whole world is her seat."

From this original practice, practically all nations have copied a similar worship, but in each land the same figure is carried out under different names. In Egypt the mother and child are known as Isis and Osiris; in India, Isi and Iswara; in Eastern Asia, Cybel and Deoius; in pagan Rome, Fortuna and Jupiter-puer; In Greece, Ceres or as Irene with Plutus in arms, etc. In Thibet, China, and Japan the Jesuits were suprised to find the counterpart of the madonna (the Italian name for virgin) and her child as devoutly worshiped as in Rome itself. Shing Moo, the mother of China, is there represented with child in her arms and a glory around her exactly as if a Roman artist had paintd her. Where did these nations get this common worship if not from Babylon before the dispersion by God in the days of Nimrod (Gen. 11). Thus the worship of Mary in connection with her Son is of Babylonian origin for there is no mention of such worshiping Scripture.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:53 pm

That is some heavy stuff Haz.

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:58 pm

branham1965 wrote:That is some heavy stuff Haz.
That's the truth billy. Many are decieved by the devil into believing the RCC is the real church right from the beginning when in fact it was the beginning of the first great apostasy started by Nimrod and which has been carried down through the ages. :angel:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 am

Saying this i understand he was not perfect.

But i am not worthy to judge anyone let alone a man who risked his life for his faith.

branham1965 wrote:I remember seeing a set of books by Gordon Lindsay entitled "Men Who Changed The World" .

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:20 am

Thanks for the info, Haz.

As I said earlier, if the RCC was the true church, the Reformation was a fraud. And, if the RCC was not the true church, the Reformation was a fraud.
  • Matthew 7:18 King James Version
    • A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

luchnia
Beloved, If Our Heart Condemn Us Not, then Have We Confidence Toward God

Post by luchnia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:29 am

branham1965 wrote:Saying this i understand he was not perfect.

But i am not worthy to judge anyone let alone a man who risked his life for his faith.

branham1965 wrote:I remember seeing a set of books by Gordon Lindsay entitled "Men Who Changed The World" .

You can and should judge their doctrine. Be hard on the problem and not so much the person.

Please consider that many men risk their lives for their faith, but that does not mean they were aiming at the correct target. We can find many examples of such life risking acts. Although a simple example, David Koresh risked his life and died for his faith and what do we know about him?

We tend to not want to put men like Koresh in the same boat as the others, yet how are they really different? They teach, preach, and fight for what they believe in their hearts is correct.

Doesn't it boil down to what one plants in his spirit that is perceived from what is heard and read? What such a one refuses to see is the whole picture and it is what is not accepted that brings on a bad ending for them.

In my view, it is imperative that ALL men's teachings/preaching be weighed against the Word. I think a mature man of God is open to grow and does not fear such "testing" of his heart. If he fears then there are other issues that he has not dealt with.

I don't know Koresh's full story, yet I imagine it stems from shame, guilt, or maybe problems during his childhood that he was not able to remove himself from in his later state in life. Food for thought?

Word up!