Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6078
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:59 pm

One of the foundation teachings of Reverend Dake was the operation of the diabolic in the world.

In Bible Truths Unmasked he writes about this.And does so in the Dake Bible and the great Cadillac book he wrote God's Plan For Man.

I heard this on a FGBMI tape.He wanted to bring some less expensive books for the product table.Sister Dorothy Dake his wife told him to bring his best one.So they brought his Cadillac book as they called it God's Plan For Man.

Denial of the reality and power of the Holy Spirit and His ministry to carry on the work of God among men... :| :|

is the work of demons and counterfeit religions Reverend Dake wrote in Bible Truths Unmasked.


Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:When i heard Dr.Ruckman talk about the Holy Spirit and Tongues i cringed inside.

I was afraid hearing it.

So i left off listening to him.


As for Rev.Larkin i have never owned anything of his.I do not dislike him.I know very little about him.

I do have a Scofield Bible and his book on Rightly Dividing the Word.
  • 1 Corinthians 13:9 King James Version
    • ... We know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    Proverbs 11:14b King James Version
    • ... In the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
My late Pastor said that the second verse there you posted from Proverbs 11:14


it means godly God ordained counselors.

It does not mean seek out every religious spirited wacko and drink of their errors.
Agreed, but I think we disagree about who is a "religious spirited wacko" and what "drinking of their errors" means.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:15 pm

branham1965 wrote:One of the foundation teachings of Reverend Dake was the operation of the diabolic in the world.

Denial of the reality and power of the Holy Spirit and His ministry to carry on the work of God among men... :| :|

is the work of demons and counterfeit religions Reverend Dake wrote in Bible Truths Unmasked.
No disagreement there.


SALVATION FOR ALL
"Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Ti. 2:4);
"Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6078
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 am

I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool.

Saying that


LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.

I TOLD YOU THAT YOU AND EVERYONE HERE (ESPECIALLY ME)SHOULD STUDY DAD HAGIN AND LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY.




AND I OPENLY POSTED RECOMMENDED THAT EVERYONE READ REVEREND DAKE ON DEMONOLOGY !!!

SO HOW COULD I NOT BELIEVE IN HIM!!!!! :crazyeyes:


I HAVE READ AFTER AND BELIEVED IN REVEREND FINIS JENNINGS DAKE FOR 40 YEARS!!!

:morning: :morning:







luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I KNOW YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO DAD HAGIN OR DR.LESTER SUMRALL ON DEMONOLOGY .AND I AM GLAD YOU OPENLY SAID SO.
HOW ABOUT REVEREND DAKES WORKS???? WOULD YOU STUDY THEM ON DEMONOLOGY????
BTW
I CHECKED A BUNCH OF STUDY BIBLES .NONE BELIEVED AS YOU DO .NOT ONE. +pieface

You are on here teaching things that Reverend Dake would never affirm.He received a Divine Gift to know the Bible and understand it.He said it was a true story of a wonderful gift.that Supernatural Gift was responsible for and produced the Best Study Bible the world has ever known.
Your assumptions are incorrect as far as Dake's affirmation. Dake affirms in his writings what demons do (GPFM) in good detail with references and his notes on the text in question states that the spirit spoke the truth about the men of God. You should read his notes about this as you don't seem to accept Dake on this, nor his notes about demonology.

You seem to be targeting me for some strange reason because of my posts, yet I suppose your argument is with God's word and Dake much more than it is with me as I was simply posting some discussion points about this evil spirit that spoke through the truth through the woman.



User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:43 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:One of the foundation teachings of Reverend Dake was the operation of the diabolic in the world.

Denial of the reality and power of the Holy Spirit and His ministry to carry on the work of God among men... :| :|

is the work of demons and counterfeit religions Reverend Dake wrote in Bible Truths Unmasked.
No disagreement there.
Likewise. :angel:


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:54 am

branham1965 wrote:I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool. Saying that

LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.
I have no problem at all with your disagreement as long as it is supported with God's word. To reason on anything else is hardly worthwhile, however that is my view. My preference is when someone disagrees that they support their disagreement with God's word. If they want to state their position, no problem there either if it is rational.

I am not sure what the gifts of the Spirit subject has to do with this thread, but I don't mind answering your question. If the gifts ceased then there would be Scripture to support such. Are you aware of any text that indicates the gifts ceased?


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6078
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 am

WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN


ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.


luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:I do not agree with some of your points and i tell you so.But i like some of your stuff.And you seem very cool. Saying that

LET ME ASK YOU:

ARE THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT FOR TODAY OR DID THEY CEASE WHEN THE LAST APOSTLE DIED??? PLEASE ANSWER.
I have no problem at all with your disagreement as long as it is supported with God's word. To reason on anything else is hardly worthwhile, however that is my view. My preference is when someone disagrees that they support their disagreement with God's word. If they want to state their position, no problem there either if it is rational.

I am not sure what the gifts of the Spirit subject has to do with this thread, but I don't mind answering your question. If the gifts ceased then there would be Scripture to support such. Are you aware of any text that indicates the gifts ceased?



User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm

branham1965 wrote:WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN


ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.
What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.


Word up!

User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2883
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by bibleman » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:58 pm

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN


ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.
What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.
Hum... may have missed something here.

Dake says it is the "spirit of python," I thought you disagreed with that?


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:11 am

bibleman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN


ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.
What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.
Hum... may have missed something here.

Dake says it is the "spirit of python," I thought you disagreed with that?
Let me clarify as I believe I painted this with too broad a brush.
I accept the greek translation since that is what they had and all we got on this. If I am not mistaken, Dake’s notes merely give us what Dake believes the greek translates it to be, correct? Spirit of Pythos, or something along those lines which some scholars translate to be a spirit from that area and not a spirit of the snake. Overall, if I am not mistaken, equates to the historical mythical lore of a snake that fought a dragon from pathos.

Do I believe that spirits will try to make men believe in mythical fairy tale gods that are not real? YES.

Do I believe that this spirit that possessed this girl was a spirit of a mythical fairy tale snake that fought a dragon? NO, I don’t.

Do I believe the evil spirit was from the area of Pathos, or whatever it was called? That is possible, but we simply don’t know, yet the greek seems to allude to that territorial concept.


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6078
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:25 am

ACTUALLY WE KNOW SIR.EVEN IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT IT.READ THE NOTES IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS AND QUIT REBELLING.

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHAT YOU REALLY MEAN IS

THAT I AGREE WITH YOUR UNIQUE LONE RANGER VIEWS ON THE WORD OF GOD.
ANYONE WHO THINKS THEY ARE BEYOND OR TOO GOOD FOR DAD HAGIN AND DR.LESTER SUMRALL IS TO FAR OUT FOR ME.

ONCE AGAIN


ACTS 16 VERSES 16-19 PLEASE READ NOTES R,S,T,U IN THE DAKE BIBLE ON THIS.

HE TELLS THE REAL TRUTH ON IT.
What I meant was what I typed, nothing more, nothing less. I will admit, I have little clue as to what you mean in this post.

I am also not sure what the intent is behind the comment about Hagin or Sumrall. I have never stated in any post, nor implied, that I think I am beyond or too good for those men, or any men for that matter. I choose not to do those type of things.

BTW, I have studied the Dake bible for around 40 years now and I am very well aware of his notes on the text in question and I don't disagree with Dake. Dake stated that the girl spoke the truth about the men and I am in perfect agreement with that.
Hum... may have missed something here.

Dake says it is the "spirit of python," I thought you disagreed with that?
Let me clarify as I believe I painted this with too broad a brush.
I accept the greek translation since that is what they had and all we got on this. If I am not mistaken, Dake’s notes merely give us what Dake believes the greek translates it to be, correct? Spirit of Pythos, or something along those lines which some scholars translate to be a spirit from that area and not a spirit of the snake. Overall, if I am not mistaken, equates to the historical mythical lore of a snake that fought a dragon from pathos.

Do I believe that spirits will try to make men believe in mythical fairy tale gods that are not real? YES.

Do I believe that this spirit that possessed this girl was a spirit of a mythical fairy tale snake that fought a dragon? NO, I don’t.

Do I believe the evil spirit was from the area of Pathos, or whatever it was called? That is possible, but we simply don’t know, yet the greek seems to allude to that territorial concept.



Post Reply