Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:32 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:ANDERSON SAYS THAT THE PENTECOSTAL MOVEMENT IS OF THE DEVIL.
Yes, he does. But, he doesn't limit that claim to only Pentecostals. He includes Catholics and Protestants, too.

Here's one of his sermons from 2011 where he says just that. And, the title of it is Acts 16. In it he addresses the topic of this possessed girl, as well.

https://youtu.be/7t-rPceDokg
https://youtu.be/7t-rPceDokg
I skimmed through this and it is one of his better messages.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:27 pm

He has a high percentage of better messages, in my opinion.

I liked his story about roller skating, in this one.


SALVATION FOR ALL
"Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Ti. 2:4);
"Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4472
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:31 pm

branham1965 wrote:reverend finis jennings dake rules this board


NOT THAT RELIGIOUS SPIRIT INFESTED ANDERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


DO NOT POST THAT RUBBISH ON HERE.EVER!!!!!!!!!!


THE FACT THAT LEON :-| LETS YOU PUT THAT RUBBISH ON HERE MEANS ITS OVER.

reverend dake would never go for this
Please, don't mention Anderson if you don't want to talk about him.


SALVATION FOR ALL
"Who would have ALL MEN to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Ti. 2:4);
"Not willing that ANY should perish, but that ALL come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
Help for Today. Finis J. Dake.

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2943
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Ironman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm

Demons wage war on saints to install within them false concepts about God and to make them weak, nervous, discouraged, and ruined spiritually, physically, and materially. They will do anything, including imitating the dead, they will use anything and anyone, including false preachers to achieve their goal. They control the law of sin and death, they must be resisted at all cost.

Even though Satan and demons know the Word of God better than any man today, they will never ever preach the true Word of God or promote God and His gospel to mankind in any way that draws men to God. They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies. The best way to promote lies is between two truths, and we all know lies repeated often enough will eventually be believed by some if not many.
They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.

Mark 3:26, And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:31 pm

Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.
Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.


Word up!

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2943
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Ironman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:00 pm

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.
Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.
I agree with Dake, and YES, there are hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! Add the nuns and Marist brothers SDA's, and all the other cults, the figure could grow to millions.

As of 2010, the statistics of the Catholic Church showed 412,236 priests world-wide, the highest number since 1970.

Reverend Donald Cozzens (The Changing Face of the Catholic Priesthood) cites studies from studies in 1989, that 48.5 per cent of Catholic priests are gay. Boisvert and Goss (Gay Catholic Priests and Clerical Sexual Misconduct) explain that the Catholic Church is an intensely homoerotic culture.

How many Catholic priests in Europe?
James Hough
James received his education in the Catholic seminary. He is a Master Catechist, teaches an adult Catechism class and the RCIA.

# 1 Italy: 51,295
# 3 Poland: 26,931
# 4 Spain: 26,505
# 5 France: 23,089
# 7 Germany: 18,812
# 11 Belgium: 7,705
# 13 United Kingdom: 6,003
# 15 Ireland: 4,993
# 17 Austria: 4,478
# 18 Portugal: 4,079
# 20 Netherlands: 3,599
# 21 Switzerland: 3,091
# 26 Ukraine: 2,624
# 27 Slovakia: 2,474
# 28 Croatia: 2,324
# 31 Hungary: 2,140
# 34 Czech Republic: 1,930
# 36 Romania: 1,726
# 40 Slovenia: 1,139
# 43 Madagascar: 1,065
# 45 Malta: 941
# 50 Lithuania: 771
# 58 Bosnia and Herzegovina: 578
# 81 Luxembourg: 268

And thats not to mention the catholic nuns and marist brothers who were the first religious teachers most catholic born children were exposed to. They filled my head with so much garbage I turned away from God alltogether for most of my adult life. So did most om my friends. The closer we get to the return of Jesus the worse it will get.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
luchnia
The Chosen Fast of God is To Loose the Bands of Wickedness
Posts: 1162
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 pm

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.
Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.
I agree with Dake, and YES, there are hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! Add the nuns and Marist brothers SDA's, and all the other cults, the figure could grow to millions.

As of 2010, the statistics of the Catholic Church showed 412,236 priests world-wide, the highest number since 1970.

Reverend Donald Cozzens (The Changing Face of the Catholic Priesthood) cites studies from studies in 1989, that 48.5 per cent of Catholic priests are gay. Boisvert and Goss (Gay Catholic Priests and Clerical Sexual Misconduct) explain that the Catholic Church is an intensely homoerotic culture.

How many Catholic priests in Europe?
James Hough
James received his education in the Catholic seminary. He is a Master Catechist, teaches an adult Catechism class and the RCIA.

# 1 Italy: 51,295
# 3 Poland: 26,931
# 4 Spain: 26,505
# 5 France: 23,089
# 7 Germany: 18,812
# 11 Belgium: 7,705
# 13 United Kingdom: 6,003
# 15 Ireland: 4,993
# 17 Austria: 4,478
# 18 Portugal: 4,079
# 20 Netherlands: 3,599
# 21 Switzerland: 3,091
# 26 Ukraine: 2,624
# 27 Slovakia: 2,474
# 28 Croatia: 2,324
# 31 Hungary: 2,140
# 34 Czech Republic: 1,930
# 36 Romania: 1,726
# 40 Slovenia: 1,139
# 43 Madagascar: 1,065
# 45 Malta: 941
# 50 Lithuania: 771
# 58 Bosnia and Herzegovina: 578
# 81 Luxembourg: 268

And thats not to mention the catholic nuns and marist brothers who were the first religious teachers most catholic born children were exposed to. They filled my head with so much garbage I turned away from God alltogether for most of my adult life. So did most om my friends. The closer we get to the return of Jesus the worse it will get.
Thanks for the info. I rarely think much about the catholics because in my neck of the woods you simply don't see them. We are more apt to see Mennonites than we would ever see a catholic.

We have mostly baptist, Methodist, Presbyterians, Pentecostal, Independents, and so on. I don't even remember the last time I saw a catholic, but I do know one guy that is catholic. There is one catholic church in the area and it is very small one.


Word up!

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2943
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by Ironman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:22 pm

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote: They use preachers who insert snippets of truth between paragraphs of lies.

They, and anyone they use, must be resisted totally and forever. Promoting people like this is only furthering the work of Satan.
Thanks for the post, those are very interesting thoughts. That means that a large percentage of the preachers preaching today are used by demons. I find that difficult to believe. If I follow that theory then I would never listen to hardly any preachers of today. I am not implying you are wrong, I just disagree with that view.

My take is that many preaching today are simply ignorant and not used by demons, yet I think some are. Of course, I suppose that if they teach enough lies, they open the door to demonic activity. Dake even states in GPFM that saints can add to satan's glory by being influenced to false doctrines (my paraphrase).

Dake makes a rather interesting statement in GPFM that states, "Any doctrine that denies or in any way causes doubt and unbelief concerning anything taught in Scripture is from demons." If we take that statement as fact, then there are thousands, perhaps hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! For me, I think it best to stick to the acid test of 1 Jn 4 for now.
I agree with Dake, and YES, there are hundreds of thousands of preachers preaching doctrines of devils! Add the nuns and Marist brothers SDA's, and all the other cults, the figure could grow to millions.

As of 2010, the statistics of the Catholic Church showed 412,236 priests world-wide, the highest number since 1970.

Reverend Donald Cozzens (The Changing Face of the Catholic Priesthood) cites studies from studies in 1989, that 48.5 per cent of Catholic priests are gay. Boisvert and Goss (Gay Catholic Priests and Clerical Sexual Misconduct) explain that the Catholic Church is an intensely homoerotic culture.

How many Catholic priests in Europe?
James Hough
James received his education in the Catholic seminary. He is a Master Catechist, teaches an adult Catechism class and the RCIA.

# 1 Italy: 51,295
# 3 Poland: 26,931
# 4 Spain: 26,505
# 5 France: 23,089
# 7 Germany: 18,812
# 11 Belgium: 7,705
# 13 United Kingdom: 6,003
# 15 Ireland: 4,993
# 17 Austria: 4,478
# 18 Portugal: 4,079
# 20 Netherlands: 3,599
# 21 Switzerland: 3,091
# 26 Ukraine: 2,624
# 27 Slovakia: 2,474
# 28 Croatia: 2,324
# 31 Hungary: 2,140
# 34 Czech Republic: 1,930
# 36 Romania: 1,726
# 40 Slovenia: 1,139
# 43 Madagascar: 1,065
# 45 Malta: 941
# 50 Lithuania: 771
# 58 Bosnia and Herzegovina: 578
# 81 Luxembourg: 268

And thats not to mention the catholic nuns and marist brothers who were the first religious teachers most catholic born children were exposed to. They filled my head with so much garbage I turned away from God alltogether for most of my adult life. So did most om my friends. The closer we get to the return of Jesus the worse it will get.
Thanks for the info. I rarely think much about the catholics because in my neck of the woods you simply don't see them. We are more apt to see Mennonites than we would ever see a catholic.

We have mostly baptist, Methodist, Presbyterians, Pentecostal, Independents, and so on. I don't even remember the last time I saw a catholic, but I do know one guy that is catholic. There is one catholic church in the area and it is very small one.
*************************************************************************************************************************************
That does not diminish or minimise the fact that there are possibly millions of teachers and preachers who are influenced by demons and preach another gospel. Also, and regarding the Mennonites. The word “Mennonite” today can mean so many things. There are almost as many varieties of Mennonites as there are fast food chains. Some groups are more evangelical than others. Some groups are focused on Bible study and prayer, and other groups are carefully maintaining the works-based tradition set out by their ancestors. Paul and Silas had gone to Thessalonica preaching the truth, but the people were not receptive. Now they have gone to Berea, and these folks have gladly received the truth. In fact, they were so astonished by Paul's preaching that they had a hard time believing it. They needed to go verify the things Paul had told them to see whether those things were so. This is what God intended for preaching to be, the conveyance of truth! Sadly, most of the preaching we hear coming from the pulpits of the world today is nothing more than weak, boring, filtered, dry, powerless, sermonettes. The Truth should shock people, causing them to want to learn more, not drift away in unbelief as is happening today.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6077
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:40 pm

I mean you no disrespect Sir.

You might be interested in Kenneth Hagin and also Lester Sumrall 's teachings on this subject.






luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER!!! I never heard anything so bizarre.
I am reasonably well studied on demonology, yet I strive to learn more from God's word and do each day. I have never closed that door of life long learning from God. What perplexes me more is why you seem so defensive about these things and adamantly take a stand such as, "SHE WAS NOT A GOSPEL PREACHER!!!"when in fact we have the very words of truth of what the evil spirit spoke through her in the scriptures. She was simply a woman that was possessed by an evil spirit.

What was the purpose of that particular evil spirit preaching the truth for many days as it did? What is the purpose of any evil spirit proclaiming truth when it is to their advantage? What would be the outcome for the people witnessing this and hearing the words it spoke? Understanding this will go a long way toward understanding how they operate and especially the intended purpose in this case. Additionally, this can open up a much clearer understanding of how men with limited wisdom can imitate doctrines of demons unknowingly.

If you would please, please, please, give some credence to the fact that devils can be supremely intelligent and proclaim truth as much as they need in order to pull people away from God (this is their main purpose), you would have a different perspective to this whole thing. Really try to understand what that evil spirit was trying to do to Paul and the men there.

What better way to align those that proclaimed Jesus with evil than speak the truth about them from a diviner spirit? It was brilliant to convince those that bought into such, but could not stand in the power of the Holy Spirit. Ask the question, What was the purpose of the evil spirit in that context? If we remove our limitations, such enlightenment can open up God's word like never before.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 6077
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:49 pm

post removed.



Post Reply