Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by luchnia »

Paul battles against the local preacher of the day that has truth speaking demon of divination.
Acts 16:16-24 (KJV)
16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Dake's notes on this are very well done. What discernment these men had that is lacking today! I would cherish gaining this level of discernment. Once Paul knew there was gainsaying involved, he took care of the matter by casting out the demon. What happens today with all the greed hungry money grubbing preachers running about snaking tons of money off the gullable sheeples? Anyone casting demons out of them and preaching the gospel to them?

Keep in mind, the demon spoke the truth and that was not the issue, but the bottom line is there was an evil agenda behind this. As Dake put it, "Paul saw the purpose of satan..." Paul spoke to the demon directly and not the girl. There would be great changes today and men would see God's Word in action, if this type of gospel truth was utilized. The reasoning and concept (LOGOS) of God's power never ceases to amaze me.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The gospel verses the truth - Acts 16

Post by branham1965 »

SHE WAS NOT PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST SHE WAS DEVIL POSSESSED!!!

SHE WAS POSSESSED WITH " A PYTHON SPIRIT.THIS CAME FROM GREEK MYTHOLOGY .PYTHON WAS A SNAKE THAT GUARDED THE ORACLE OF DELPHI."

SHE WAS A SPIRITUALIST ,FORTUNETELLING,PSYCHIC MEDIUM.

IT TOOK THE REAL LIVING LORD JESUS CHRIST TO DELIVER HER THROUGH THE APOSTLE PAUL.

luchnia wrote:Paul battles against the local preacher of the day that has truth speaking demon of divination.
16 And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
19 And when her masters saw that the hope of their gains was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the marketplace unto the rulers,

Dake's notes on this are very well done. What discernment these men had that is lacking today! I would cherish gaining this level of discernment. Once Paul knew there was gainsaying involved, he took care of the matter by casting out the demon. What happens today with all the greed hungry money grubbing preachers running about snaking tons of money off the gullable sheeples? Anyone casting demons out of them and preaching the gospel to them?

Keep in mind, the demon spoke the truth and that was not the issue, but the bottom line is there was an evil agenda behind this. As Dake put it, "Paul saw the purpose of satan..." Paul spoke to the demon directly and not the girl. There would be great changes today and men would see God's Word in action, if this type of gospel truth was utilized. The reasoning and concept (LOGOS) of God's power never ceases to amaze me.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

She was not the "local preacher of the day".

Perhaps

i am misunderstanding you on this subject.

She worshiped false gods,she was a fortune teller,and she had an evil spirit in her.

Real Bible Preachers do not classify as the "local preacher of the day" in Acts 16.

luchnia wrote:Paul battles against the local preacher of the day that has truth speaking demon of divination.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:She was not the "local preacher of the day".
Sure she was. Read the words carefully that she spoke to the people.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

That is blasphemy.

She was a fortuneteller.

luchnia wrote:

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:That is blasphemy.

She was a fortuneteller.

luchnia wrote:
She spoke blasphemy? She preached it for days. According to the scripture what she spoke was exactly true and Dake agrees to it.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Please listen to me

The devil was testifying through her!!!

SHE WAS NOT A PREACHER!!!! SHE SERVED THE SNAKE GOD THE PYTHON AND TOLD FORTUNES BY THE DEVIL.

Like the devil possessed who cried out to Jesus "i know who you are the Holy One of God".

sighs.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:That is blasphemy.

She was a fortuneteller.

luchnia wrote:
She spoke blasphemy? She preached it for days. According to the scripture what she spoke was exactly true and Dake agrees to it.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Christians should not demonstrate the works of the devil, and it is one of the greatest curses to the Christian religion to do so.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Please listen to me

The devil was testifying through her!!!

SHE WAS NOT A PREACHER!!!! SHE SERVED THE SNAKE GOD THE PYTHON AND TOLD FORTUNES BY THE DEVIL.

Like the devil possessed who cried out to Jesus "i know who you are the Holy One of God".

sighs.
Where do you get this stuff from?

She spoke the truth via a devil, pure and simple. She made a public proclamation (preached) for several days before Paul cast a devil out of her.

Here is the scripture for you once again: "The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation." <- - - - -- - - - -- which part of this is a lie?

Word up!

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

Ironman wrote:Christians should not demonstrate the works of the devil, and it is one of the greatest curses to the Christian religion to do so.
I agree. I think there is more of this that goes on these days than we probably realize. I even wonder if devils are behind much of it, or if it just ignorance. It seems a man can speak from ignorance and not be possessed by anything.

Can you imagine if someone like Paul were here, what his actions would be toward some of these people spewing stuff out today? One thing is for sure, it took some time for Paul to cast that devil out of the girl as he had to find out the motive of her bosses. I think the agenda is a key to discerning this type of thing.

Word up!