Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe last reformation

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

The last reformation

Post by frenchie »

Hi!
Tomorow in my city there is an evangelist coming his name is Torben Sondergaard.
Anyone ever heard of him?

frenchie

Re: The last reformation

Post by frenchie »

It reminds me few years ago when the Toronto blessing hapened, many christians whent to witness what was going on.
After they came back, they where super spirituals and if you did'nt go to Toronto, you just didnt have it,

People started to search more for '' manifestations '' the more weird the more '' spiritual '' and tried to duplicate what they had seen until it mostly fade away.
Another movement? A new fashion? i have seen quite a few since the 40 years i met the Lord. Sincere people thirsty for more are atracted to many novelties but we must be vigilant and stand on the word not just miracles.
It is sometimes a subtle mix of thruth and lies.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

frenchie wrote:It reminds me few years ago when the Toronto blessing hapened, many christians whent to witness what was going on.
After they came back, they where super spirituals and if you did'nt go to Toronto, you just didnt have it,

People started to search more for '' manifestations '' the more weird the more '' spiritual '' and tried to duplicate what they had seen until it mostly fade away.
Another movement? A new fashion? i have seen quite a few since the 40 years i met the Lord. Sincere people thirsty for more are atracted to many novelties but we must be vigilant and stand on the word not just miracles.
It is sometimes a subtle mix of thruth and lies.
I could not agree more - a subtle mix or truth and lies! Why do men think they have to start any movements? Jesus already completed what was to be done and gave the instructions on carrying it out. Why do men feel the need to change that?

I remember studying some of the "movements" and thinking what in the world was all that coming from the mouths of men and not God? Another thing we find is that folks rarely test these things and weigh them against God's word. They just blindly follow whatever it is like the gold fillings in folks teeth, being slain, ears tickled with false prophecies, and other bizarre oddities that folks claimed were from God. It still continues today and as long as men desire to be lifted up I think you will continue to see that.

I remember visiting a church once that everyone had to go up in front of the congregation to "fall out" and I was thinking there is plenty of room in the back that won't distract anyone or endanger the elderly. You could even go back in the hall and fall out where no one was at. Why not go back there and fall out?

You think they were falling out in back? Nope, not a one. They simply would not get the attention of everyone had they done that. You could quickly tell what that was all about. You are so right, another movement, a new fashion and being attracted to novelties?

I could go on and on and on about what I have seen!

Word up!

frenchie

Post by frenchie »

Hi! Mr.Luchnia.
What can i say. Today my wife brought them home, 15 minutes after their arrival they where baptising people in the bathtup, praying in tongues and chassing demons in a formal way. ( I mean not overreacting in a crasy manner.)
My wife is a christian for 40 years also and she whent to few of their meetings so i let her the benefit of the doubt as for letting them in., i was'nt sure about them and i did'nt want to kick them out for fear of making a mistake. I could'nt discern something realy wrong from what i was overearing.
To say the truth i did'nd even came out of my room, not that i was affraid of them but i did'nt want to engage an unnessesary confrontation. I let them do their thing to see if any good would come out of it.
Anyways, time will tell what this thing will bring, it is quite new here and a bit soon to make a sound opinion.
Any advice will be considered.
To be continued...