Current Events & News Items & JokesBro Hagin says you won't go to Hell for killing 300 people!

A forum for discussing news items and current events and Jokes.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: Bro Hagin says you won't go to Hell for killing 300 people!

Post by luchnia »

When I think of this and how love of God works, it is imperative that if you love someone you may well disagree with them and especially those that keep a narrow mind about things. Paul was a case in point on this issue of sharp disagreement.

It is important to distinguish what a disagreement is and when some sort of personal agenda is behind it to get a doctrine pushed on someone. Those are very different things. To disagree does not have anything to do with hating someone or "throwing off" on someone.

We disagree about many things all the time. We have different views about things. We can do that in full respect and maturity. We are all unique, come from different walks of life, and I appreciate the grandness of that from the hand of God.

I barely remember Hagin's early sermons because it was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly he called out folks and various doctrines. He even changed his word of faith view and that would become a major disagreement with many that trained up under him as they did not revert back when he changed.

Word up!

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Changed his view on word of faith???????
Rubbish...the word of God has never changed and Dad never changed his faith in God's word.
It was the people who called themselves word of faith that
Changed the word of God to suit their own purposes and run amok through the body of Christ.

It is real easy to pull apart a man's life after he has been dead for 17 years.
Take it to Jesus and see how you fare.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

macca wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:02 am
I never heard Dad Hagin mention by name those who hated or disagreed with him or attacked his ministry.
He walked in love to all, he preached and taught the word of God in season and out with God honouring his ministry.

Faith works by love and Dad had much love and faith.
I sat in several Rhema classes taught by Bro Hagin. Often he would tell the students to avoid speaking ill of anyone. He might say he disagreed with a particular teaching, he would share of times he warned people of actions. However, any words of that he would say rose to the level of judgment or accusations, he would withold saying those things unless he was “face-to-face” with the parties involved.

Grandfather
Pray for Them which Despitefully Persecute You

Post by Grandfather »

luchnia wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 am
I barely remember Hagin's early sermons because it was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly he called out folks and various doctrines. He even changed his word of faith view and that would become a major disagreement with many that trained up under him as they did not revert back when he changed.
I’m not sure what you meant by “called out” - the phrase carries a wide range of implications. If you mean that he publicly disagreed with some positions that other took, I will agree with you. But he was extremely careful to disagree with the position without “calling out” the person.

As to a change on his view of faith, I would have to strongly disagree. I do not believe he ever changed his position on that subject. He did however change several things about how he taught it. To Bro Hagin, the problem was not what he taught, but what others did with what he taught. One of his later books “The Midas Touch” addresses some of those extremes that others attempted to stretch Bro Hagin’s teaching to cover.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Grandfather wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:04 am
luchnia wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:49 am
I’m not sure what you meant by “called out” - the phrase carries a wide range of implications. If you mean that he publicly disagreed with some positions that other took, I will agree with you. But he was extremely careful to disagree with the position without “calling out” the person.

As to a change on his view of faith, I would have to strongly disagree. I do not believe he ever changed his position on that subject. He did however change several things about how he taught it. To Bro Hagin, the problem was not what he taught, but what others did with what he taught. One of his later books “The Midas Touch” addresses some of those extremes that others attempted to stretch Bro Hagin’s teaching to cover.
I probably misunderstood some of the things he wrote in the Midas Touch and some of his later teaching versus what some of his early sermons taught. I admit it has been quite a while since I read my Hagin books or listened to his sermons.

Word up!

patrissimo
Having Conquered All, Stand, Ready to Do Battle Again

Post by patrissimo »

Martin Luther said more or less the same in in Letter to Melancthon 99 Aug. 1, 1521. He wrote:

"No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times a day."

Lord have mercy

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

Sola fide

Lord have mercy

patrissimo

Post by patrissimo »

Luther and Hagin were being consistent with Sola fide. Sola really means sola. It is diabolical to say such sins can be repeatedly committed without losing sslvation.

Lord have mercy

Hill Top
Repent and Be Baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ Because of the Remission of Sins

Post by Hill Top »

patrissimo wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:24 pm
Luther and Hagin were being consistent with Sola fide. Sola really means sola. It is diabolical to say such sins can be repeatedly committed without losing sslvation.
Diabolical indeed.