Dake Bible Discussion BoardInterpretations?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
titus213
He that Believeth Not Shall Be Damned

Re: Interpretations?

Post by titus213 »

It would make every man's ruler right in his own eyes. There would be confusion, commentaries written on whose inch to use, and no such thing as an "inerrant" inch, since who could say what the standard was?
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Imagine if there were no standard inch? What would that make of rulers?
titus213 wrote::angel: :angel:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: I once met the man whose job it was to safeguard the official inch for the U.S. government. It is interesting to consider that standards such as the inch need to be guarded.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Exactly.
titus213 wrote:It would make every man's ruler right in his own eyes. There would be confusion, commentaries written on whose inch to use, and no such thing as an "inerrant" inch, since who could say what the standard was?
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Imagine if there were no standard inch? What would that make of rulers?
titus213 wrote::angel: :angel:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: I once met the man whose job it was to safeguard the official inch for the U.S. government. It is interesting to consider that standards such as the inch need to be guarded.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you for sharing that Bibleman.

i never knew your Dad was a carpenter.

bibleman wrote:
titus213 wrote:I have a Christian friend who is a carpenter. He and I have different viewpoints on who makes the best pizza in town. But when it comes to his work, we usually agree on how long a 2-foot measurement should be. And if there's any question whether he's measured only 1-1/2 feet we have an easy way to check: get a ruler.
I have found that most problems stem from the fact that some don't know how to read a ruler or don't use one often enough to read it that well.

For example my Dad was a carpenter. I grew up with a ruler in my hand (the old wooden fold-out 6' ruler). Of course I could open and close it with out breaking it (a thing most people can't do) I know what the metal slide is for. I can read it down to the 1/16" of course. I even know what the markings are for in relation to laying off a house wall.

Now for my son (when he was very small) I bought him a 16' "tape measure." It had all of the 1/16" and 1/8" and 1/4" and ect. printed right on the tape rather than the hash marks. He used it for a year or so and then said he wanted a real tape measure not a "baby" tape measure. So we bought him one.

The problem I see in so called Bible Interpretation... is that many people are still using "baby tape measures." Oh they can go to some verse (that someone else told them about) and try to explain their point of view.

It is like studying the pre-adamite world with someone starting out by saying: "That's crazy - I never heard of that!"

Thats right - they never heard of that - and that is the problem! They only have a baby tape measure.

And because of all the "baby tape measure" users of the Christian world you get all these strange interpretations!

Spiritblade Disciple

branham1965 wrote:thank you for sharing that Bibleman.

:angel:

Doc
Judges

Post by Doc »

I have no problem with biblical interpretations, as long as folks realize mine is the correct one. +highfive

luchnia
The Wicked Worketh a Deceitful Work: but to Him that Soweth Righteousness shall be a Sure Reward

Post by luchnia »

Doc wrote:I have no problem with biblical interpretations, as long as folks realize mine is the correct one. +highfive
:mrgreen:

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple

+funnyhurt
Doc wrote:I have no problem with biblical interpretations, as long as folks realize mine is the correct one. +highfive

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:

Yes my Dad was a carpenter.

My elder brother was also a carpenter before he went into the ministry!

And I have a great uncle way back whose whole family was in the ship building business. But they did not stay in it for long - things sort of dried up for them.

And I have a great uncle way back that was in the demolition business. Unfortunately the last building he demolished he was killed.

But I still do a little carpentry work myself - just for the fun of it. I do however have ONE worker still who is now on assignment building me a new house - but it is not located in South Carolina - so I may be moving.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for sharing that.

that is fascinating.i never knew about your brother.ship building and demolition.

i helps us know more about you.

thanks for sharing Pastor.i mean it.

bibleman wrote:

And I have a great uncle way back whose whole family was in the ship building business. But they did not stay in it for long - things sort of dried up for them.

And I have a great uncle way back that was in the demolition business. Unfortunately the last building he demolished he was killed.

But I still do a little carpentry work myself - just for the fun of it. I do however have ONE worker still who is now on assignment building me a new house - but it is not located in South Carolina - so I may be moving.

Spiritblade Disciple

I think he's talking about Noah, Samson, and Jesus. :angel:
branham1965 wrote:thanks for sharing that.

that is fascinating.i never knew about your brother.ship building and demolition.

i helps us know more about you.

thanks for sharing Pastor.i mean it.

bibleman wrote: