Dake Bible Discussion BoardLet's try it again!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Post Reply
User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Let's try it again!

Post by bibleman »

OK,

After asking a question on another thread I still am a little unsure of the answers. So I guess my question would now be:

Does anybody believe that a if a Christian commits a murder...
he will be separated from God...
and if he does NOT repent...
will go to Hell for the sin of murder?


My answer is YES a Christian who commits the sin of murder, will for that sin of murder, go to Hell for it, if he does not repent.

OK guys please don't make this hard - it is a easy yes or no answer really....

So can someone reply with an answer?


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4395
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by branham1965 »

Yes Reverend i agree with you.


bibleman wrote:OK,

After asking a question on another thread I still am a little unsure of the answers. So I guess my question would now be:

Does anybody believe that a if a Christian commits a murder...
he will be separated from God...
and if he does NOT repent...
will go to Hell for the sin of murder?


My answer is YES a Christian who commits the sin of murder, will for that sin of murder, go to Hell for it, if he does not repent.

OK guys please don't make this hard - it is a easy yes or no answer really....

So can someone reply with an answer?



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2685
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:Yes Reverend i agree with you.


bibleman wrote:OK,

After asking a question on another thread I still am a little unsure of the answers. So I guess my question would now be:

Does anybody believe that a if a Christian commits a murder...
he will be separated from God...
and if he does NOT repent...
will go to Hell for the sin of murder?


My answer is YES a Christian who commits the sin of murder, will for that sin of murder, go to Hell for it, if he does not repent.

OK guys please don't make this hard - it is a easy yes or no answer really....

So can someone reply with an answer?
Thanks Billy!

Let me also say I would like to hear from others who may disagree as well. I am really just wanting to know the thinking and how people come to a different understanding of this... what seems to be so simple to me.


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
macca
For We Were as Sheep Going Astray, but Are Now Returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of Our Souls
Posts: 1053
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:37 am
Location: australia

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by macca »

Yes. Hell is his home



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by Ironman »

Murder someone and fail to repent? Yes one will go to Hell upon death.

The penalty for murder is God ordained. Governments have Gods permission to executed murderers to rid them from society.

Genesis 9:6, Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 4395
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by branham1965 »

I once read a debate between a Baptist Preacher and a Church of Christ Minister.

The Baptist Preacher said if the believer died in the act of adultery

he would be saved!!!!

Or if a believer kills someone and dies without sorrowful repentance they will go to heaven!!!



A famous Minister wrote of a story of two church members committing adultery .
The lady became frightened by her adulterous partner afterwards

when he began singing ........... "He Was there all the time."

The Minister later told the man he was lost and going to a devil's hell.

the man said he was just fine .he was saved and going to heaven.

The Minister told him he was deceived.And was going to hell for all time and eternity unless he repented of his sin.



Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

My answer is that a Christian would have to cease being a Christian before he could commit murder.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by Ironman »

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:My answer is that a Christian would have to cease being a Christian before he could commit murder.
I disagree. King David was single-mindedly committed to God, yet guilty of some of the most serious sins recorded in the Old Testament. He adultery with Bathsheba and then tried to cover up her pregnancy, and when he failed with that, he had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed. (Murder!)


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2140
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by Ironman »

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:My answer is that a Christian would have to cease being a Christian before he could commit murder.
I disagree. King David was single-mindedly committed to God, yet guilty of some of the most serious sins recorded in the Old Testament. He committed adultery with Bathsheba and then tried to cover up her pregnancy, and when he failed with that, he had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed. (Murder!)


Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Spiritblade Disciple
Moderator
Posts: 2449
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Let's try it again!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple »

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:My answer is that a Christian would have to cease being a Christian before he could commit murder.
I disagree. King David was single-mindedly committed to God, yet guilty of some of the most serious sins recorded in the Old Testament. He adultery with Bathsheba and then tried to cover up her pregnancy, and when he failed with that, he had her husband Uriah the Hittite killed. (Murder!)
Let's think this through?

If David didn't lose his salvation before he committed murder, that means a man can purposely go spy on a naked woman bathing, entice her to commit adultery/fornication, try and cover up that sin be trying to get her husband to lie with her so that he will be deceived into thinking the child is his... and, when that fails, plot and carry out the man's murder through intermediaries... BUT HE DOESN'T LOSE HIS SALVATION UNTIL THE MURDER IS CARRIED OUT?

I'm sorry. I don't buy it. David was messed up long before carrying out Uriah's murder.

No murderer has eternal life. And, those that are born of God do not commit sin because God's seed remains in them. They cannot sin, because they are born of God. Children of God do what is right. Children of the devil don't. And, you can tell them apart by what they do. (1st John 3.)

A Christian has to become unborn of God in order to commit sin.



Post Reply