Dake Bible Discussion BoardWatchman Nee & Witness Lee

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Watchman Nee & Witness Lee

Post by quintinblaylock »

Has anyone studied their work?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Watchman Nee & Witness Lee

Post by Ironman »

No, I have not, I know this much, I wonder why he never stayed in the east where we are sending preachers to now?

He started in China, moved to Taiwan in May 1949 he began his work with a few believers and churches already present there. Within five to six years, the number of Christians under his leadership increased from five hundred to over fifty thousand. Lee began to conduct conferences and trainings for the churches on a yearly basis and beginning in 1951 a formal training for his ministry co-workers. Lee also began to publish books through his publishing company, The Taiwan Gospel Book Room, as well as The Ministry of the Word magazine published from 1950 until 1986 in 415 issues.

Then moved to the west. The beginning of Lee’s work in the West was initiated with invitations to conduct conferences in London, England and Copenhagen, Denmark in 1958. Between 1958 and 1961, Lee also visited the United States three times. In 1962 he moved to Los Angeles and held his first conference there. Messages from that conference were later published as a book entitled The All-Inclusive Christ. In the ensuing years, Lee was invited to speak to many Christian groups throughout the United States. His messages delivered during shorter conferences and longer trainings were printed in The Stream magazine, published by The Stream Publishers (later renamed Living Stream Ministry).

Throughout the 1960s and 1970s Witness Lee traveled extensively throughout the United States, Canada, and the Far East. He also visited many other places in Europe, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. In 1974 he moved to Anaheim, California where he began a book-by-book exposition of the Bible with the Life-study of Genesis. His entire Life-study of the Bible was completed in December 1994. Lee also wrote extensive outlines, footnotes, and cross references for all the books of the New Testament that were eventually incorporated into a new translation of the New Testament, the Recovery Version, published in Chinese in 1987, in English in 1991 and in various other languages.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

Thx....his take on the trinity is interesting.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

quintinblaylock wrote:Thx....his take on the trinity is interesting.
Can you show me where I can read this?

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Watchman Nee died a martyr in China.
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel:
Ironman wrote:No, I have not, I know this much, I wonder why he never stayed in the east where we are sending preachers to now?

He started in China, moved to Taiwan in May 1949 he began his work with a few believers and churches already present there. Within five to six years, the number of Christians under his leadership increased from five hundred to over fifty thousand. Lee began to conduct conferences and trainings for the churches on a yearly basis and beginning in 1951 a formal training for his ministry co-workers. Lee also began to publish books through his publishing company, The Taiwan Gospel Book Room, as well as The Ministry of the Word magazine published from 1950 until 1986 in 415 issues.

Then moved to the west. The beginning of Lee’s work in the West was initiated with invitations to conduct conferences in London, England and Copenhagen, Denmark in 1958. Between 1958 and 1961, Lee also visited the United States three times. In 1962 he moved to Los Angeles and held his first conference there. Messages from that conference were later published as a book entitled The All-Inclusive Christ. In the ensuing years, Lee was invited to speak to many Christian groups throughout the United States. His messages delivered during shorter conferences and longer trainings were printed in The Stream magazine, published by The Stream Publishers (later renamed Living Stream Ministry).

Throughout the 1960s and 1970s Witness Lee traveled extensively throughout the United States, Canada, and the Far East. He also visited many other places in Europe, South America, Australia, and the Middle East. In 1974 he moved to Anaheim, California where he began a book-by-book exposition of the Bible with the Life-study of Genesis. His entire Life-study of the Bible was completed in December 1994. Lee also wrote extensive outlines, footnotes, and cross references for all the books of the New Testament that were eventually incorporated into a new translation of the New Testament, the Recovery Version, published in Chinese in 1987, in English in 1991 and in various other languages.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i am curious.what is it ????

where have you been you geezer??? :Fade-color

quintinblaylock wrote:Thx....his take on the trinity is interesting.

quintinblaylock
1 Samuel

lsm.org
All his material is readable on the website. Im reading Gods Economy and Gods New Testament Economy.And the Life Lesson vol 1 Genesis

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i had a good barber friend who was in Viet Nam and was a part of this group.

he was a great guy.and was very funny.i don't know many of their beliefs.

He was OSAS.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

MY late Pastor told us to stay away from the stuff.

People were getting mixed up not so much on Watchman Nee's materials

but on Witness Lee's stuff.some of it was off center i understand.