Dake Bible Discussion BoardHow Does God "Smite"?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: How Does God "Smite"?

Post by Ironman »

"The same way he comes to steal kill and destroy you got know who to blame and who to glorify"
'

Mr. Plumber, does not know his bible.

God does not come to steal, kill and destroy, a thief does.

John 10:10, "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

Christ came that we might have life and have it more abundantly!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Haz for the comment.

things are really quiet around here. :sleeping:

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

Oh go on then lets have fun
i am just following jesus brothers
He said it is written quite a few times so if its good enough for jesus its good enough for me.

Read the book of job it gives you a insight who's causing the trouble
Could it be that like now christians are still thinking its god who puts sickness on you
if god took his provision away whoo can stand

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

sounds good.im glad you are . :scrambleup:

i agree with you to a point.

but you are not hearing what i'm saying. :mrgreen:

i gave you and Troy and everyone else on here book chapter and verse.

not one verse was addressed.

Almighty God gave the devil permission to attack Job.GOD allowed it.

Job 1:20 "then Job arose, and rent his robe,and shaved his head,and fell down upon the ground and WORSHIPPED; verse 21 and he said naked came i out of my mothers womb and naked shall i return thither: JEHOVAH GAVE ,AND JEHOVAH HATH TAKEN AWAY;BLESSED BE THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.In all this Job sinned not nor charged God foolishly."
royplumber wrote:Oh go on then lets have fun
He said it is written quite a few times so if its good enough for jesus its good enough for me.

Could it be that like now christians are still thinking its god who puts sickness on you

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i went too extreme on the one side of the Mercy vs.Judgement issue.

for this once again :agrue: i am sorry.

i would never ever intentionally hurt anyone here or disrespect this great Bible Board in honor of Reverend Dake. :agrue:

Ironman wrote:Thanks billy, I like it as well.

1 Samuel 2:1, And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
2, There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
3, Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy1 come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4, The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.

royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Post by royplumber »

It takes a proper man to allow one self to get things wrong and also to admit you got it wrong.
I am still overcoming that area. I believe it is ok to get things wrong and repenting when i see it.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

that's nice of you to assume.YOU ARE WRONG.i never said that.

i said i went to far for some perhaps...NOT THAT I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE LORD
BEING A GOD OF JUDGEMENT.HE IS.

i am not conceding to you.you never understood what i was proposing.nor what God was saying.

please deal with one verse i gave.just one.

i am NOT denying the truth of the Scriptures i posted.Romans 3:4.

i am just saying i strongly emphasized the one side because the other side is exalted.

i get so tired of this.....

royplumber wrote:It takes a proper man to allow one self to get things wrong and also to admit you got it wrong.
I am still overcoming that area. I believe it is ok to get things wrong and repenting when i see it.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

roy plumber

SIGHS.

i meant to say i may have went too extreme for some .

GOD KILLS says 1 Samuel 2:6,Luke 12 GOD DESTROYS SOUL AND BODY IN HELL...IN ACTS 5 GOD KILLED ANANIAS AND SAPPHIRA FOR LYING TO THE HOLY GHOST.

Ironman wrote:Thanks billy, I like it as well.

1 Samuel 2:1, And Hannah prayed, and said, My heart rejoiceth in the LORD, mine horn is exalted in the LORD: my mouth is enlarged over mine enemies; because I rejoice in thy salvation.
2, There is none holy as the LORD: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God.
3, Talk no more so exceeding proudly; let not arrogancy1 come out of your mouth: for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4, The bows of the mighty men are broken, and they that stumbled are girded with strength.
[/quote]
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i am not conceding to you.

if you by the Bible think you can prove me wrong go ahead.i want book chapter and verse.not snide odd mysterious incomprehensible comments indirect to my proposition.

these verses i posted above in bold print prove conclusively that God is a God of Judgement.

Let God be true Romans 3:4.

royplumber wrote:It takes a proper man to allow one self to get things wrong and also to admit you got it wrong.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:sounds good.im glad you are . :scrambleup:
i agree with you to a point.
but you are not hearing what i'm saying. :mrgreen:
i gave you and Troy and everyone else on here book chapter and verse.
not one verse was addressed.
Almighty God gave the devil permission to attack Job.GOD allowed it.
Job 1:20 "then Job arose, and rent his robe,and shaved his head,and fell down upon the ground and WORSHIPPED; verse 21 and he said naked came i out of my mothers womb and naked shall i return thither: JEHOVAH GAVE ,AND JEHOVAH HATH TAKEN AWAY;BLESSED BE THE NAME OF JEHOVAH.In all this Job sinned not nor charged God foolishly."
royplumber wrote:Oh go on then lets have fun
Billy see Dake's notes on Exodus 15:26
Sicknesses and diseases were and still are special curses on human beings ONLY when THEY won't obey or when THEY fail to understand and appropriate God's provision by faith
(Ex. 23:22-25; Lev. 26; Dt. 28; Job 33:14-33; Ps. 91; 103:3; Isa. 58; Mt. 8:17; Jn. 10:10; 2Cor. 11:30; Jas. 5:14-16, notes; 1Pet. 2:24).
Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 15".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note