Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus said i am going to the father it is written

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
royplumber
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil

Jesus said i am going to the father it is written

Post by royplumber »

after jesus returned back to the father how is it that paul said the lord jesus stood by him.
how can jesus stand by him if he said i am going to away and he will not return only to come and meet the saints in the air
this has puzzled me some because of my lack of understanding
thankyou for your help

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Jesus said i am going to the father it is written

Post by Ironman »

Jesus came not to rapture the saints at this time, He came only to encourage Paul in a difficult time in his ministry.

Paul knew there a certain number of Jews who banded together, and bound themselves under a curse to kill him.

Jesus wanted to encourage him, not to give up.

Act 23:11, And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

Jesus appeared before Paul and gave Paul divine assurance that he would see Rome and it would be wise for him to use every mean he could to prevent his death at the hands of these murderers.

Jesus simply appeared before Paul and told him to "Be of good cheer," Greek, tharseo, Christ wanted him to take courage. Paul knew they were planning to kill him;

Acts 23:12-14, And when it was day, certain of the Jews banded together, and bound themselves under a curse, saying that they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.

13, And they were more than forty which had made this conspiracy.

14, And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul.

This was the fulfilment of the 14th New testament prophecy in Acts 23:11.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Finnis Jennings Dake, GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN" will be fulfilled despite all our adversary has done to try and prevent it from happening.

Prophecy alone proves the inspiration of Scripture. This alone is indisputable proof, for there are hundreds of prophecies spoken centuries before fulfilment which exclude all human possibility of fulfilment. They are in such infinate detail as to be beyond all human power to predict. There were 333 prophecies fulfilled in the life of Christ. Hundreds have been fulfilled in the rise and fall of nations and numerous other events. There are many now being fulfilled and yet to be fulfilled. About 3.268 verses of the Bible prophecies of thousands of details have been fulfilled. not one detail of any prediction that should have been fulfilled up to 1948 has ever failed. Those that have not been fulfilled will be in due time. Only God could fortell such future events, thus proving the Bible to be a revelation of God by inspiration. According to the laws of simple compound probability, the 333 prophecies of Christ could have only one chance in one and ninety seven ciphers of fulfilment. Not one man has ever found one failure in prophecy after trying a whole lifetime to do so, so I can at least rest assured that the Bible is God's Divine Word.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

i wonder weather it was a vison thats the only thing i can think of
we know paul was in the 3rd heavens i think it was because he was sinned less

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Hi Roy.
"i wonder weather it was a vison thats the only thing i can think of
we know paul was in the 3rd heavens i think it was because he was sinned less"

Paul was at this time being held prisoner and was to be scourged,

Acts 22:24, The chief captain commanded him to be brought into the castle, and bade that he should be examined by scourging; that he might know wherefore they cried so against him.

25, And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said unto the centurion that stood by, Is it lawful for you to scourge a man that is a Roman, and uncondemned?

I don't think it was a vision, I believe what is written, the fact that Jesus stood by him and said;

Acts 23 :11, And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.

If it was a vision I believe it would have been written so as is was in Acts 12:1-2,

1. It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come1 to visions and revelations of the Lord.

2. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Paul was not doubtful about being caught up to the third heaven, he was certain about that (v 2, 4). It was whether in the body or out of it that he was doubtful of (v 2,-3.}

v 3, And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

royplumber

Post by royplumber »

Thankyou jesus for your encouragement when we are in time of need

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

royplumber wrote:Thankyou jesus for your encouragement when we are in time of need

Praise His holy Name for ever more! :angel: :angel: :angel: