Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe serpent

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

The serpent

Post by frenchie »

Hi!

Who was the serpent of Gen.3:1?
When the bible says:
"1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made." does it imply explicitly that the serpent was himself a beast of the field or just that he was more subtil than any beast of the field?

Are the serpents that we know today the direct descendants of this enigmatic creature that had been cursed to crall on his belly and eat dust as i understand it to be?
Why is the devil called the ancien serpent (Rev. 12:9 ) Is it just an alegory or is there more to it?

Any toughts?

tomas555
Hosea

Re: The serpent

Post by tomas555 »

I think Dr. Bullinger's explanation is a win-win. We should not over-spiritualise the thing or take men's opinions on that. LEt's stick with scolars, not with great prophet who was removed due to many errors he preached.

Do you remember how Hagin was warned by Holy Spirit about removing the "prophet"?

[video][/video]

Tomas

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

GOD'S PROPHET WILLIAM BRANHAM WON OVER 500,000 SOULS AND HAD DIVINE GIFTS OF BIBLE DAYS IN HIS LIFE.HE WAS FOR REAL.

AND LIKE DR.DOWIE HE TOO SHOULD BE HONORED. AS SHOULD ALL THE OTHER GENERALS IN THE ARMY OF GOD.

[quote="tomas555"]

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Royal Reptilian - sex with a serpent?

What! Wonder why women and serpents stopped shacking up?

Being silly here, but some things are just - - - - -> +goofy +goofy
:mrgreen:

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

i dont know where the idea originated.
it is quite creepy.
luchnia wrote:Royal Reptilian - sex with a serpent?

Being silly here, but some things are just - - - - - +goofy +goofy

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

frenchie wrote:Hi!

When the bible says:
"1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made." does it imply explicitly that the serpent was himself a beast of the field or just that he was more subtil than any beast of the field?

Are the serpents that we know today the direct descendants of this enigmatic creature that had been cursed to crall on his belly and eat dust as i understand it to be?
Why is the devil called the ancien serpent (Rev. 12:9 ) Is it just an alegory or is there more to it?

Any toughts?
We should take the Bible literally where ever we can. The literal serpent was cursed because he was the first to yield to Satan to cause the fall of man The Devil was too wise to begin with the head of creation, Adam. He began instead with the highest of animal creation, who lived with Adam and Eve before the fall.
Eve was aquainted with the literal serpent in the garden, but she knew nothing of the devil, so if a strange person had appeared to her she would have been afraid to converse with him.

Gen 3:1, Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea,hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The serpent was a beast of the field who could walk and talk before the fall. The devil used the serpent to trick Eve into believing God told her and Adam a lie. Poor Eve responded with a lie herself.

Gen 3: 2, And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3, But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

God said nothing about touching the fruit at all, and it was not the touching of the fruit would not cause death it was the eating of the fruit? there is the first lie by a human being.

And here the devil accuses God of lying to them.

Gen. 3:4, And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5, For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God, finding out what had happened cursed the serpent and to this day it slithers on the ground, has lost its ability to speak and walk.

Gen. 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

The serpent will be still crawling upon his belly even during the millennium proving he was a literal serpent in Adams garden and was cursed after the fall which he was involved in with the Devil. When God restores all things and removes the curse off the Earth and animals, the serpents curse will not be removed. He will remain as a harmless slithering dust eating despised snake.

Isiah 16:25, The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

creepy...get it :mrgreen: :lol!:
branham1965 wrote:i dont know where the idea originated.
it is quite creepy.
luchnia wrote:Royal Reptilian - sex with a serpent?

Being silly here, but some things are just - - - - - +goofy +goofy

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Ironman wrote:

When the bible says:

Any toughts?
We should take the Bible literally where ever we can. The literal serpent was cursed because he was the first to yield to Satan to cause the fall of man The Devil was too wise to begin with the head of creation, Adam. He began instead with the highest of animal creation, who lived with Adam and Eve before the fall.
Eve was aquainted with the literal serpent in the garden, but she knew nothing of the devil, so if a strange person had appeared to her she would have been afraid to converse with him.

Gen 3:1, Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea,hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

The serpent was a beast of the field who could walk and talk before the fall. The devil used the serpent to trick Eve into believing God told her and Adam a lie. Poor Eve responded with a lie herself.

Gen 3: 2, And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3, But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

God said nothing about touching the fruit at all, and it was not the touching of the fruit would not cause death it was the eating of the fruit? there is the first lie by a human being.

5, For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

God, finding out what had happened cursed the serpent and to this day it slithers on the ground, has lost its ability to speak and walk.

Gen. 3:14, And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

The serpent will be still crawling upon his belly even during the millennium proving he was a literal serpent in Adams garden and was cursed after the fall which he was involved in with the Devil. When God restores all things and removes the curse off the Earth and animals, the serpents curse will not be removed. He will remain as a harmless slithering dust eating despised snake.

Isiah 16:25, The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.
Thank you! Ironman. This is excelent post, i apreciate.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

frenchie wrote:
Ironman wrote:

When the bible says:

Any toughts?

Thank you! Ironman. This is excelent post, i apreciate.
Thank you frenchie. Most of what I posted I remember reading dozens of time in the Book, God's plan for man book by Finus Jennings Dake. I was so amazed and inspired by this I never really have forgotten much of it, well at least the important bits! :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

You are too kind billy. :angel: I don't deserve your praise mate.