Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs America ready for this kind of preaching?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is America ready for this kind of preaching?

Post by branham1965 »

KEEP ON PREACHING CHRIS.

im siding with you.i dont believe all of the Grace teaching.but ill side with you. +tounge3 +tounge3

"AND HE SPAKE THIS PARABLE UNTO CERTAIN WHICH TRUSTED IN THEMSELVES THAT THEY WERE RIGHTEOUS :| AND DESPISED OTHERS."
LUKE 18:9

cpbeller wrote:Umm...that is what I said. We do works because we are saved, not to be saved. Again, we cannot save ourselves. To think otherwise is foolishness.

And all that I wrote, and your conclusion is that I drank the kool aid? What kool aid have I drunk?

I have said my salvation is all, completely, based on Jesus. You seem to be one of those who wish us to be under the law, when the Bible declares us to be under grace (oh, I know, there's that dirty word again).

If you really want to live according to the law, then stand in judgment according to the law. Because, afterall, if you are guilty of breaking one part of the law, then you are guilty of breaking it all.

I will stick with what Paul said in Ephesians 2:8-10.

You say John would disagree with me. I doubt that. I do not see where I have stated anything contrary to John. But, a "works - based salvation" is contrary to the whole of the New Testament.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

macca wrote:
bibleman wrote:
cpbeller wrote:Umm...that is what I said. We do works because we are saved, not to be saved. Again, we cannot save ourselves. To think otherwise is foolishness.

And all that I wrote, and your conclusion is that I drank the kool aid? What kool aid have I drunk?

I have said my salvation is all, completely, based on Jesus. You seem to be one of those who wish us to be under the law, when the Bible declares us to be under grace (oh, I know, there's that dirty word again).

If you really want to live according to the law, then stand in judgment according to the law. Because, afterall, if you are guilty of breaking one part of the law, then you are guilty of breaking it all.

You say John would disagree with me. I doubt that. I do not see where I have stated anything contrary to John. But, a "works - based salvation" is contrary to the whole of the New Testament.
Hi Chris,

Of course the law of Moses has been done away in Christ. But that does not mean the LAW of Jesus or Paul or the New Testament has been done away. It has NOT we are still obligated to keep all the laws of the NT.

The kool-aid that you have drank is the hyper grace kool-aid, that is what I was jokingly referring to.

BUT... Let me see if I get this right.

You believed that we get saved and that after salvation we do not have to continue in good works to keep us saved! I believe that is what you stated above.

So then based on this line of thinking we could get saved, then become a fornicator and homosexual and since we had gotten saved one time in life... these sins would not take us to Hell.... In fact because we got saved one time in life we would as a fornicator and homosexual go singing into the pearly gates of Heaven!

Right?

That is sickening Leon.

I am sure Chris does not believe that junk.

This has degenerated into madness :neutral:

macca
Hey Macca,

I know it is hard to believe but here is what Chris said concerning good works:

Is the Christian saved because of His good works? No
Can the Christian stay saved because of His good works? No
http://www.dakebibleboard.com/viewtopic ... 798#p82798

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

OK Chris, (and anyone else who would like to respond) (and Chris I hope you know I love you bro!)

Maybe I have not been hearing you correctly.

Let's cut to the chase.

You and I BOTH believe that salvation is based on what Christ did at the cross. We can never die for our own sins and pay our own sin debt. Salvation is received by confessing and accepting Jesus Christ as Savior.

The question is AFTER salvation if we commit a sin (such as drunkeness or homosexuality) that the Bible says we will go to Hell for.... does the Christian who commits that sin... incur the death penalty once again... and without confession and repentance will once again be bound for Hell?

I say yes based on: 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

What do you say?

Restated that is simply: When a Born Again Christian commits a sin that the Bible says will keep him out of Heaven - Does he lose his salvation?

I say YES - What do you say?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

bibleman wrote:OK Chris, (and anyone else who would like to respond) (and Chris I hope you know I love you bro!)

Let's cut to the chase.

You and I BOTH believe that salvation is based on what Christ did at the cross. We can never die for our own sins and pay our own sin debt. Salvation is received by confessing and accepting Jesus Christ as Savior.

The question is AFTER salvation if we commit a sin (such as drunkeness or homosexuality) that the Bible says we will go to Hell for.... does the Christian who commits that sin... incur the death penalty once again... and without confession and repentance will once again be bound for Hell?

I say yes based on: 1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

What do you say?

Restated that is simply: When a Born Again Christian commits a sin that the Bible says will keep him out of Heaven - Does he lose his salvation?

i agree Leon. sorry for getting cranky.
macca

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Pastor Bible,
i got a mail from God's servant saying one goes to the Word to find out where one is.
He said check Galatians 5:19-21;Romans 1:29-31;and he gave Proverbs 6:16-19.
If one keeps free from sin its done by the Power of Calvary and Divine Blood.

"wherefore receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved,let us have GRACE,whereby we may SERVE God acceptably with reverence and godly fear."
" For our God is a consuming fire." Hebrews 12:28-29

Chris is my friend i hope.he is a fine Christian man.

but

i would be a two faced liar to say i believe Joseph Prince is ok.there is truth there and there is poison there.

i say this very depressed :morning: :morning: :morning:

bibleman wrote:OK Chris, (and anyone else who would like to respond) (and Chris I hope you know I love you bro!)

Let's cut to the chase.

What do you say?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Hey Billy,

You said: "i got a mail from God's servant saying one goes to the Word to find out where one is. He said check Galatians 5:19-21;Romans 1:29-31;and he gave Proverbs 6:16-19. If one keeps free from sin its done by the Power of Calvary and Divine Blood."

That is so true Billy. You referenced Galatians above.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If a person is committing these sins he does NOT go to Heaven. It doesn't matter is he has never been saved, got saved 10 years or 20 years ago. It matters NOT. The person committing these sins does NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. AFTER committing these sin either he was never saved or else he lost his salvation.

But the false-grace teachers would have us believe that the sins of the sinner or different than the sins of the "so called" Christian.

The Bible does NOT make that distinction. Sin is sin no matter who commits it. You can't sin and get by with God!

Above you said: "Chris is my friend i hope.he is a fine Christian man."

Of course he is! Chris is a wonderful brother in the Lord. He has a great deal of spiritual discernment and knowledge of the Word of God - especially the WOF. I can't say enough good about him. I read his post that are always filled with thought and a depth of Scripture. Just because there seems to be a disagreement on this issue does not make him any less a wonderful, faithful and sincerely devoted following of Christ!

Above you said: "i would be a two faced liar to say i believe Joseph Prince is ok. there is truth there and there is poison there."

I agree. it is that kind of poison that will lead many to Hell sadly. Telling people they are still saved when they live like the devil is destroying the Christian church (at least all of those that believe that nonsense.)

God bless
Leon Bible

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

MY APOLOGIES TO THE BOARD.

[/quote]

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you so much for responding Pastor. :agrue:

Iagree with everything you said.
My Pastor in Warren taught as you do.
We had it drummed into us every week.People in Warren are very hard headed and stiff necked.

He was divinely gifted to break through the concrete. +hammer

Chris is a great person.i hope so much he continues to post his thoughts. +cross
bibleman wrote:Hey Billy,

You said: "i got a mail from God's servant saying one goes to the Word to find out where one is. He said check Galatians 5:19-21;Romans 1:29-31;and he gave Proverbs 6:16-19. If one keeps free from sin its done by the Power of Calvary and Divine Blood."

That is so true Billy. You referenced Galatians above.

Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

If a person is committing these sins he does NOT go to Heaven. It doesn't matter is he has never been saved, got saved 10 years or 20 years ago. It matters NOT. The person committing these sins does NOT inherit the Kingdom of God. AFTER committing these sin either he was never saved or else he lost his salvation.

But the false-grace teachers would have us believe that the sins of the sinner or different than the sins of the "so called" Christian.

The Bible does NOT make that distinction. Sin is sin no matter who commits it. You can't sin and get by with God!

Above you said: "Chris is my friend i hope.he is a fine Christian man."

Of course he is! Chris is a wonderful brother in the Lord. He has a great deal of spiritual discernment and knowledge of the Word of God - especially the WOF. I can't say enough good about him. I read his post that are always filled with thought and a depth of Scripture. Just because there seems to be a disagreement on this issue does not make him any less a wonderful, faithful and sincerely devoted following of Christ!

Above you said: "i would be a two faced liar to say i believe Joseph Prince is ok. there is truth there and there is poison there."

I agree. it is that kind of poison that will lead many to Hell sadly. Telling people they are still saved when they live like the devil is destroying the Christian church (at least all of those that believe that nonsense.)

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:... it is that kind of poison that will lead many to Hell sadly. Telling people they are still saved when they live like the devil is destroying the Christian church (at least all of those that believe that nonsense.)
I have found it most challenging when dealing with folks that think they can sin their way to heaven. Sinning saint? Consider that for a moment. They are quite solid in their belief and are dull to accept anything else as possible. To me, this indicates the attempt at justifying a sin they do not want to let go of or just simply ignorant as a banana.

I also find it confusing that a person can sin and believe they are following God. When one sins I cannot believe they would not know they are serving satan and unrighteousness. This is much too simple to understand. I once asked someone that said they were sinning all the time a simple question. I said, are you a believer and do you follow God. They said, yes. I said, so then you have the Spirit of God guiding you and they said yes. I then said to them, think about this, you are making God's Spirit liable for sin that you commit.

Well, quickly the conversation became heated as their conscience struggled with this thought. If a person tells me they belong to God and have the Spirit of God guiding them and say they are sinning in the same breath, then they are saying to me that somehow the Spirit is guiding them to sin. We know the Spirit cannot lead on to sin. Most of the time they are just ignorant of sin and what sin actually is. They think that just because they have some weird thought they are somehow steeped in sin.

Word up!

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

this whole thread is a mire of missunderstanding :mrgreen: