Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs America ready for this kind of preaching?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is America ready for this kind of preaching?

Post by branham1965 »

i think you make some :angel: points

but with all my respect :agrue:
the late Arthur Wallis once wrote that the neglect of the truth followed by its rediscovery usually results in its overemphasis.it has with hyper grace.

one Pastor has over 20,000 members and a great worldwide ministry.His mega church is in Atlanta.He once told Dad Hagin he was his son at his 80th or 83rd???birthday celebration@ Kenneth Copeland Ministries.

now he is openly even brazenly OSAS and who knows.im nothing compared to him.im a worm....
and he is a wealthy respected Pastor .
but he and others like him have fallen for this teaching of hyper grace and osas.

the largest church in our country teaches that osas hyper grace rabble.
JOHN OSTEEN would not believe it.he left that junk in the Baptist church.now Lakewood is 10 times worse!!!!!!!!!!!!they teach believers need not repent or confess their sins!!!!!!

:morning: :morning: :morning:

cpbeller wrote:Ah, but Leon...did Jesus say to put her in an electrified cage and let her die off? No, He showed her MERCY. He did tell her to go and sin no more, but He also told her that He did not condemn her. He did not pick up the stone and bash her face in. I feel that way too many Christians would have picked up the stones that were dropped by the others and thrown it at her. Where is the mercy? Where is the grace? In our quest to tell people how rotten they are and how sinful they are, we forget that we once were just like them, and shamefully, in many ways, we still are quite like them. We just use excuses and "Christian-Talk" to not pass judgement on ourselves. To me, that is shameful...and while doing that, we do not show the love of God and fulfill our purpose of being grace-dispencers.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

+hammer :sleeping: :neutral:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

big macca did i say something wrong???

let me know.i welcome correction.
i know you got gray hair from keeping Haz in line. :turn-l:

You are my Australian version of John Wayne. as the Duke said talk low,talk slow and don't talk too much.

Haz is kind of like one Michael J.Dundee from Walk About Creek in the Outback.

macca wrote:+hammer :sleeping: :neutral:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

cpbeller wrote:Ah, but Leon...did Jesus say to put her in an electrified cage and let her die off? No, He showed her MERCY. He did tell her to go and sin no more, but He also told her that He did not condemn her. He did not pick up the stone and bash her face in. I feel that way too many Christians would have picked up the stones that were dropped by the others and thrown it at her. Where is the mercy? Where is the grace? In our quest to tell people how rotten they are and how sinful they are, we forget that we once were just like them, and shamefully, in many ways, we still are quite like them. We just use excuses and "Christian-Talk" to not pass judgement on ourselves. To me, that is shameful...and while doing that, we do not show the love of God and fulfill our purpose of being grace-dispencers.
I hear you Chris.

Yes Jesus showed her mercy. But what can be more merciful and full of grace than to say STOP sinning?

Jesus told sinners to repent!

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

John told a sinner to get our of adultery!

Mark 6:18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

Paul told a sinner he was a child of the devil.

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

We are to warn the wicked of their sin.

Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

We are to call sinners to repentance as John and Jesus did.

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

As John told us we are to tell sinners that their sins will take them to Hell.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

This modern day movement that says we should not tell sinners they are sinners is not of God and certainly not Biblical!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Post by cpbeller »

I am not against confronting sin. Jesus said we are the light, and as such, the light confronts darkness and dispels it (through Jesus).

Having said that, I do not believe we are judge and jury. Sinners know they are sinners. They already know they are condemned. Jesus said that the unbeliever is condemned already because they do not believe.

Our jobs are to show the sinner Jesus. Not to show them the gates of hell.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

And I do not understand why what I am saying keeps making you all think I am teaching "sin, sin, sin some more because...grace".

I am for grace, not sin, not works. Grace.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

+popcorn +popcorn +punch +ClubComputer :-|

i wonder what that feels like Chris.

bibleman wrote:
I hear you Chris.

Yes Jesus showed her mercy. But what can be more merciful and full of grace than to say STOP sinning?

Jesus told sinners to repent!

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

John told a sinner to get our of adultery!

Mark 6:18 For John had said unto Herod, It is not lawful for thee to have thy brother's wife.

Paul told a sinner he was a child of the devil.

Acts 13:10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

We are to warn the wicked of their sin.

Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

We are to call sinners to repentance as John and Jesus did.

Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

As John told us we are to tell sinners that their sins will take them to Hell.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

This modern day movement that says we should not tell sinners they are sinners is not of God and certainly not Biblical!

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

What feels like?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

my bad Chris.

cpbeller wrote:What feels like?
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

post deleted. +Blue
Last edited by branham1965 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.